DIGIT REVIEWS ON HARDWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Yes me too misses all those proccy + mobo reviews. They used to review it when there was no much competition of proccys and the decision was really easy. But now since there is neck to neck competetion they seem to have been pressurised by some ppl not to conduct research on proccys and mobo or maybe they themselves r refraining from doing so. Dunno but miss them too much. There is no much trouble in grafix cards coz forums have popped up everywhere for making a choice u could ask some 3-4 ppl and u will land up buying the rite 1 but still i miss those reviews.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
drgrudge said:
amitsaudy said:
This thread belongs to 'Digit discussion' & not here in 'hardware dis'.
Post it where it really belongs.

amitsaudy said:
Dudes try the Dec annaul issue of chip its cool n loaded with dvd n 2 cds
and also at he same price of Rs 100.
I m in love with the Dec CHIP issue maan.Its that good.
man, even digit carried 2 CD's and a DVD .
and see wht we got last year?
6 CD's
including ICEAGE.
Finally i got digit dec issue n it does have 2 cds n a dvd.
But mind u i had to shell out 50 bucks more for it.
N what i get in return is britannica encyclo..etc.
No matter its value is Rs 900 or Rs 9000 .
But did anyone ask for it .
That just doesnt justify the fifty rs raise.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:evil: ....dats absolutely rite...WHO asked for brittanica???
infact when they r planning for increasing 50rs,nd in return opting for a CD/Gift..they shud conduct an online poll...
nd I BET ny full game wud have won hands down to brittanica.....

:wink: d only benefit being a subscriber is dat u dont have to shell out extra 50 nd curse digit under ur breath!!!

Bomb

Broken In
Ask them to conduct a poll.

Majority here take Digit only boz of the DVD.
Ask them to sell The mag and the DVD separately for 50 :50 .Lets see what people buy.

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
yaaa...thats true...

The articles in digit are still good but they dont cater to our needs....
we buy digit mainly to kno about computer related hardware stuff n the results of comparison tests....& not 2 kno abt British Formula 3.!!!!!!!!!:evil: For that better mags r out there....

Now we are forced 2 buy both digit for DVD/CD n chip for reading.....

It wont take long for one choice 2 disappear.........

Come on guys....do something about this...give us our "Hardware" mag back..........

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
amitsaudy said:
N what i get in return is britannica encyclo..etc.
No matter its value is Rs 900 or Rs 9000 .
But did anyone ask for it .
That just doesnt justify the fifty rs raise.
grinning_devil said:
WHO asked for brittanica???
infact when they r planning for increasing 50rs,nd in return opting for a CD/Gift..they shud conduct an online poll...
nd I BET ny full game wud have won hands down to brittanica.....
Dudes, did u all see in the digit discussion?

Raaabo runs a sticky to find out wht we all want to see in the next issue...,and u can ask for wht u want and he will try his best to add that in the next issue.

When u get 6 CD's plus a movie (Ice age), and u pay rs.200, will it not be a problem for u?Did u complain that time?
ANd for the last 3 months digit was giving out full version games for FREE, did the c*** gave it? I dont buy c*** and dont know wht it has. Has it given any movies?It had given 6 LINUX distros in AUG03 DVD, and was the first to give out DVD "Free".

I dont mean to say that Digit is good AND I AM SATISFIED... It will take time b4 Digit becomes wht it used to be before.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
drgrudge said:
When u get 6 CD's plus a movie (Ice age), and u pay rs.200, will it not be a problem for u?Did u complain that time?

:evil: ....for me spending extra bucks on ice age was not worth the money...

:idea: ...why dont DIGIT provide comparisons nd all h/w stuff needed on CD/DVD????

Geforce

Journeyman
:evil: IN RECENT PAST I HAVE TURNED TO OTHER MAGAZINES (CHIP)AND ONLINE MATERIAL FOR MY HARDWARE THIRST. :evil:

:?: Do you know why Digit has less Hardware Reviews than CHIP today :?:

Their Hardware Genius - Marco D' Souza is in CHIP. I truely loved all his work when he was in DIGIT, then continued to follow him in CHIP.

But despite this it has not stopped me from buying DIGIT as well.
Having read digit for quite some time i can say .... I didn't like the New digit (when they re-designed it)

If today i pick an older issue of DIGIT, it is much vibrant and focussed.

The new design has LESS NO. OF ARTICLES AND MORE ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS.

[poWer]

Oldskool TranceAddict
One thing that must b noted here that CHIP has made its magazine better than Digit but again digit has better CD & DVD contents. Chip's reviews r better but then Digit is the one which introduces us 2 latest technology

HOW ABOUT MAKING THEM MERGE??? :roll:

drgrudge

[poWer said:
]HOW ABOUT MAKING THEM MERGE???
then think abt this....
CAn we merge windows and linux?
CAn we merge firefox and opera?

It is all abt competion and who is the survival of the fitest.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
They'd better give an article about PCI-E cards and Mobo's with PCI-E support next. A couple of reviews and articles on the Geforce 6XXX series , vs. ATI's X700 @ X800, whether it's worth it to upgrade to an AMD 64 and so on. Otherwise there's gonna be hell here....believe me..it's been a long time without them getting serious about hardware in the mag.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Geforce said:
Their Hardware Genius - Marco D' Souza is in CHIP.

wow....i wasn't aware of that....like u iam too a big fan of marco...
his articles/reviews were superb.....

The new design has LESS NO. OF ARTICLES AND MORE ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS.

Exactly True!! :twisted: [/quote]

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
Yaaa....he's their assistant editor in technology now......
I dont kno whether to cry or to laugh..........

One thing i liked abt chip is that they give replies to all the readers letters they publish....thats a nice thing to do no?

drgrudge

liquid_nitrogen88 said:
One thing i liked abt chip is that they give replies to all the readers letters they publish....thats a nice thing to do no?
Did u check out this issue of Digit? Now even Sachin replies to the letters that are published.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
its gone

gone are the times when i used to pick up digit from the newstand regularly coz of two intruding reason

1> DVD come on its not as common as u think it is there are lots of pcs arnd infact you will agree that there are still pcs in your frnds place or even in office where the CD rom rules !!! i predict that it wll be trend next year or so but look at the current situation only 20% might be havig that at both their office and home !!

2> digit came a long way from its solution developer and a geeks mag to the current MFD bragging and a alien like outcovers ... nothig seem to be intersting and hey they got a gal vs guy contest going on showing who is dumb!!! come on rather than wasting time and space on that they could have spend some times on the tips and tricks coloums!!

may that good old DIGIT :roll: Rest :roll: In :roll: Peace :roll: :(

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Re: its gone

spironox said:
they got a gal vs guy contest going on showing who is dumb!!!

:x :x ....yuuucks ...even i cudn't understand what they meant to show us nd reflect frm that competition??.....

is it that they wanna show that men r smarter....?? :?: :?:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: we know that already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom