GRAPHICS CARDS:LAST YEAR OCTOBER

HARD DISC:I CANT REMEMBER....:roll:

SOUND CARDS:U MUST BE KIDDING!!!!!!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

WOW!!!!
Ur rite man......
where technology leaps nd bounds nd changes its shape every day...
no reviews/previews for a whoooole year!!!!! :shock: :shock:

after ur posting,i went thru old stack!
found motherboard review in july 2004...((but its in "chip" :shock: ))

well lets hope sumthing is in store for us in 2005!!!!

sidman

Right off the assembly line
nowadays, Digit has turned from a computer mag to a consumer-electronic mag, All the review are phones, Mfds etc,etc. The 9xx series mobos for p4 came out a few months ago. There has'nt been a full-scale comparison of these. Forget that, there hasn't been a comparative review on any motherboard.

vysakh

Padawan
ya please make a review of graphics cards. i am going to buy one soon. ur review would be helpful

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
thats right. i think this is due to the change in the objective of digit in august.rather than focusing more on computers,they are gonna focus more on"Technology"which affects our life.man i sure miss the old digit!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
This thread belongs to 'Digit discussion' & not here in 'hardware dis'
Post it where it really belongs.
But liquid_nitrogen88 u really have a point there.
Most of us buy digit for info on computing n related technology.
In fact i ve not yet purchaesed the DEC issue yet.
Dudes try the Dec annaul issue of chip its cool n loaded with dvd n 2 cds
and also at he same price of Rs 100.
I m in love with the Dec CHIP issue maan.Its that good.

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Digit Murdabad

Thats right.Who needs dumb MFD tests. Anyway if you have to review them, once in a year is enough. There are loads of other things that can fill the pages of Digit.Nothing which goes inside the cabinet has been reviewed(save for wi-fi cards). Grrr.......... digit give us some proper tests so that we will try and remain Loyal and polite to Digit.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
amitsaudy said:
This thread belongs to 'Digit discussion' & not here in 'hardware dis'.

amitsaudy said:
Dudes try the Dec annaul issue of chip its cool n loaded with dvd n 2 cds
and also at he same price of Rs 100.
I m in love with the Dec CHIP issue maan.Its that good.
man, even digit carried 2 CD's and a DVD .
and see wht we got last year?
6 CD's
including ICEAGE.

ujjwal

Padawan
Not just hardware... nearly every aspect of the magazine has veered away from technology and become a consumer/business magazine. Lack of hardware reviews is the biggest change... coz now digit doesn't care about users like us anymore, people who use their pc's and are looking for articles on pc's, like hardware reviews, OS tweak guides, linux howto's, overclocking tips etc.
Now digit is geared towards the home user, who don't really care about the pc's and its components, but would rather want guides on things they can do with their pcs (For example - all the tips n tweaks are related to applications like email clients, photo tools etc) and things they can use like mobile phones.

Anyway... I have stopped buying digit... if they find that they are getting more readers this way, fine, let digit be the magazine it has become, we will have to look for alternative magazines :/

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
ujjwal ritely pointed ... "towards home user"
for whom getting a product is more important rather than getting into what MAKES that product...or HOWTO make that product..

:x DIGIT EDITORIAL.....WILL U LISTEN :twisted:

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
This thread belongs to 'Digit discussion' & not here in 'hardware dis'
Ooops....... :oops: But lets accomodate it here as it has a HARDWARE in its subject :D

MFDs & Printers:The only thing rapidly changing about them is their price..

Cell Phones:The 2nd review wasnt actually a review but a BUYER'S GUIDE.It was pretty comprehensive but we can get more reliable info from the respective company sites.

Laptops:Wats new with them every 6 months?

Servers::roll: :roll: :roll:

Monitors:7 m ago Speakers:9 m ago
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.......................

Motherboards & Processors & RAM:10 m ago
GRAPHICS CARDS:LAST YEAR OCTOBER
HARD DISC:LAST YEAR AUGUST
SOUNDCARDS:MORE THAN 2 YEARS AGO
This amounts 2 a crime

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
And scanners. It's been guite a while.
Oh, scanners are probably not high on the list of a hardware geek, but there are some things outside the manufacturer's specs where a potential buyer needs guidance, like accuracy of colour reproduction.

yes fellows u all r right and i just read chip magazine and man it rocks, it is simple and good looking. digit guys must take it as a warning and it is too late on the market :oops: :( :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
me finally could lay my hands on the much hyped dec chip....it made me remember wat digit was 1 year ago....good articles on AMD systems n half-life2.....best products list was good too...but DVD contents i dint like much...digit is superb in that if v forget the few gliches with sme softwares....

Hey i think digit was much more eye candy....the articles like tech review2004 was well researched n written....and few more...i hope this thread dont gets too long...as we r shifting to digit discussion over here :D

gaurav_018

Broken In
i most definately did not like the december digit. all the content was in the dvd(it's like they are forcing you to buy a dvd) and the best buys and awards
DID NOT EVEN MENTION THE TOP END GRAPHIC CARDS (A SACRILEDGE IN MY VIEW) I want the old chip back.!!!! i mean digit back.[/i]

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
ho!ho!ho! :shock: :shock: :shock:
digit team!!you better listen to this.looks like your readership is going to show a downward trend!! :D
.:let the truth prevail.:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:lol: maaaan...dec issue of chip ROCKS!!!
personally i liked it more than this month;s digit...

lets hope nd wish we get sumthing nice in jan issue!!! :wink:

rohanbee

Padawan
Quite right the hardware reviews are pathetic especially the on that goes "THIRTY DAYS WITH........." this time it was the O2 xda2, it was :evil: :evil: irritating as always.....there is less of review of the product and more about this writer waiting for a call from his wife or something , eventually i went on the net to find out about it as i was planning to buy it !!!! no prices or contact address either aaaaaaaaargggggggggg..

whats happening to this magazine..........????? :cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom