Votes: 66 25.9%
  • None

Votes: 29 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

H.Lalnunmawia

Broken In
Why run this thread!!! Chip stands nowhere near Digit in all categories. Its like comparing a heavy weight boxing champion with a middle weight boxer.

keanu_reeves

Broken In
i am a subscriber to both Digit, Chip & PCWorld.in

Chip is the best (please don't mind) and even this team (Digit) has also run Chip too. and i am a subscriber since then.

1. I receive Chip & PCWorld on 3rd of the month and Digit on 14+ of the month. (Nasik has 36 hours courier deadline from Mumbai)

2. I get to catch some competitions on Chip & no competitions on digit even if there is one the cut of date is gone till it reaches me in Nasik.

3 . Content for Chip is better. I do not buy for the DVD as I have unlimited broadband and download what i need before it features either on any of them.

4. Customer care of Chip/PCWorld is better sometimes the DVD/CD accompanying the Mag is damaged. and it is a nightmare to get a replacement from Digit.

5. Chip reviews not only hardware which are easy to review but also software's. At least one good software is reviewed in every issue. These are very helpful, u really write a good review on the latest software unlike digit. PCWorld is new kid on block no comments on them.

6. I dunno y i subscribed Digit for 5 years.

Atranscript of a digit customer care mail I asked y the subscriber copy reaching us so late.
can any one dechipher the same for me (i will not give the name of the executive for obvious reasons)

"
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to Digit customer service.

We are to inform you that the copies are dispatched in the very first week of the month as of the news stand copies however the copies will go the concerned place in bulk and then to the courier. As all these will take sometime, the copy may reach a bit late as compared to the subscriber copy. News stand copies are bulk where as the subscrbers copy are distributed individually. We shall definitely try to deliver the copy as early as possible.
"

my final verdict no magazine is bad every one gives there full in making of a magazine. that we read every month. it is good i receive magazines at diferent dates. i can enjoy all of them for a month ;).

but i sincerly think that digit should pull it's socks and give better customer service.

Last edited:

anu0512

Broken In
:evil: I BOUGHT CHIP & DIGIT.BOTH R GOOD BUT NOT BEST.IN DIGIT I SAW MANY ARTICLE IN DIGIT WRONG. THE BEST WAY TO GETTING INFORMATION IS INTERNET.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
anu0512 said:
IN DIGIT I SAW MANY ARTICLE IN DIGIT WRONG

Which articles? And what was wrong? Please support such statements or don't make them at all.

P.S. Using caps is the online equivalent of shouting. Just as in real life, nobody likes a screamer.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
[/OFFTOPIC]
Come, join the Dark Side
(Free hat for the first 100)
Is the offer still there or all hats gone i was looking for a new cool hat
[/OFFTOPIC]
CHIP IS BETTER
CHIP IS BETTER
CHIP IS BETTER
CHIP IS BETTER
CHIP IS BETTER
CHIP IS BETTER
CHIP IS BETTER
CHIP IS BETTER

digit is "best"

DIGIT IS BEST AND
CHIP IS BETTER THAN DIGIT
:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Romit.Gadhiya

Right off the assembly line
very clearly, most of us who are posting here have internet access. So, i dont think we should really care about cd/dvd contents (at least i dont). I get everything from the net and more than what cd/dvd can provide too. The only reason i buy mag is for its articles.

and very clearly, as many would agree, chip is far better in articles and international feel of presentation and paper quality. (Even fonts of text included!)

chip is all balanced mag... while on other hand, digit has many very good features but has many loop holes is quality and articles.

ps: i accept, chip forum is a crap. They must upgrade to new version of phpbb.

reddragon

In the zone
contentwise I feel CHIp is ahead of digit .... english is good & more simple too . Digit what I feel is too much colorful so much that it is a clumsy megazine .

blackpearl

The Devil
Whatever, but I like Digit's touch of humour to its articles, particularly the news snippets. This month I was literally ROFLing after I read that letter some guy wrote to the editor for recruitment (teens say no to email). That was the most funniest job application I have ever read. Poor guy, he must be hiding now.

Almost every issue of Digit carries one news item on Apple or Mac and Digit leaves no oppurtunity to thrash it and ridicule it. Digit is an Apple basher for sure, and I m loving it.

minniawochat

Broken In
I Only Love digit forum

Digit Forum is active then chip & pcquest forum

I m not buying chip or digit or pcquest because i have Broadband

PcQ is best

Last 2 year i stopped buying any mag

Thanks

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
blackpearl said:
Whatever, but I like Digit's touch of humour to its articles, particularly the news snippets. This month I was literally ROFLing after I read that letter some guy wrote to the editor for recruitment (teens say no to email). That was the most funniest job application I have ever read. Poor guy, he must be hiding now.

Almost every issue of Digit carries one news item on Apple or Mac and Digit leaves no oppurtunity to thrash it and ridicule it. Digit is an Apple basher for sure, and I m loving it.
I'd just like to clarify that we don't bash anyone out of malice or just for the sake of bashing.

They just ask for it :)

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Not me... when I bash it's out of malice and for pure fun... And does anybody even get my humour?

Raaabo

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Sometimes DIGIT, sometimes CHIP, sometimes COMPUTER ACTIVE & sometimes PC WORLD...it all depends on who's got what I am looking for in that month...my vote all of them...they all are good in their own right...but if I HAVE to pick only one...hmm..that is HAS to be DIGIT.

royal

Padawan
Well I subscribe to both and IMHO, contentwise CHIP is way ahead of DIGIT :rolleyes:

And the few times I had to interact with DIGIT customer care, I had nothing to complain about :cool:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
blackpearl said:

Which issue Which page?

OP
shakshy

shakshy

Broken In
two months or so i posted this thread, 'nogh is discussed here. We should move on...both mag stands separately its up to the readers to chose theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom