Votes: 66 25.9%
  • None

Votes: 29 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak_m

Broken In
well chip has better mag content than digit but then digit has fastrack! the major cd/dvd contents are lmost the same.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I have been reading DIGIT since-it-was-CHIP dayz.... ALL those pre-DIGIT CHIPs + DIGITs till early 2004 are there wid me.

But now I occasionally buy DIGIT only as few special issues... sometimes also IC Chip .. becoz....

(i) DIGITs magazine content has been degrading continuously from 2004.

(ii) IC Chips Style and conventional Magazine layout suited me better rather than DIGIT *newer* clumsy layout.

(iii) Access to ULTRA FAST INTERNET (12.5 MBps MAX Theoritical).... minimizes the needs for these magazines AS WELL AS THESE ACCOMPANYING CD/DVDs... unless some SPECIAL CONTENT is provided.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
rockthegod said:
(i) DIGITs magazine content has been degrading continuously from 2004.

(ii) IC Chips Style and conventional Magazine layout suited me better rather than DIGIT *newer* clumsy layout.

(iii) Access to ULTRA FAST INTERNET (12.5 MBps MAX Theoritical).... minimizes the needs for these magazines AS WELL AS THESE ACCOMPANYING CD/DVDs... unless some SPECIAL CONTENT is provided.

(i) Maybe, but like I have said many times before, it has improved considerably of late. I don't know why no one seems to agree with me on this.
(ii)actually I agree on this one
(iii)I don't appreciate people associating the mag with the discs. That's really lame. The same people deify ****ing PCWorld too. :$ And the content is specific to DIGIT. For example, sure, you can get a ton of information on a topic on the net, but the approach to presenting that info is why I still buy DIGIT (and CHIP) rather than just look up stuff on the net.

prankie

D PrankMaster
I buy CHIP for its contents,, which are far more elaborate and intresting than Digit's...
Digit gives u a lot of contents in a single edition.. not exhaustive though...
Digit DVD Rocks..
and Fast track is like heaven's gift!!

mak1012

Journeyman
i dont buy ne of these two, i used to read it in library. i think digits cd's and fasttrack is damn good but i like chips dvd.

like all the people here,i too like the contents of digit but the mag contents of chip really rocxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!

the mag is really tooo goooddddd!!!!!!

heres my analysis

parameters/mag -----> DIGIT ------- > CHIP

mag contents -------> comparatively poor --------- > very good

cd/dvd --------------> comparatively good------- > poor

forum----------------> good at the present moment ----- > not very good right now...wid all the
boycott taking place
:(

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
desmataks said:
from where can i get pcworld..
i went to their site but it was confusing
Its not free in thier official site..Go to any mag gud shop coz every1 doesnt sell new mags and Pay just 60 bucks and get ur own copy:))

arunks

Hey here is the aks
aniishvara@gmail.com said:
like all the people here,i too like the contents of digit but the mag contents of chip really rocxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!

the mag is really tooo goooddddd!!!!!!

heres my analysis

parameters/mag -----> DIGIT ------- > CHIP

mag contents -------> comparatively poor --------- > very good

cd/dvd --------------> comparatively good------- > poor

forum----------------> good at the present moment ----- > not very good right now...wid all the
boycott taking place
:(

which boycott

mak1012

Journeyman
PCWORLD is nice i read the mag...can you?? guys tell me one thing combo drive can read dual layer DVD...coz PCWORLD is giving dual layer DVD???? i f you dont mind>>

sav_more

Journeyman
DIGIT anyday.
DIGIT rulez...
awsome forum.good mag contents.FASTTRACK.
just a bit pricy.

i think chip only has good quality pages.(dis is just my opinion.)

so DIGIT ROCKS.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Hi

I buy the following magazines every month. I am also a subscriber of 7 of them (I dont subscribe to Digit)

I would rate the magazines in the following order

1. PC-Quest/PC-World
2 Chip
3. Digit
4. Linux For You
5. Information Technology
6. Computer Active
7. Living Digital

I buy only Digit from the newstands because they do not provide the DVD case or Inlay cards to the subscribers. Also I am not hearing good about the subscription service.

I like Digit for the Disc Contents and the Presentation + also stand buyers get it on the 1st or even before.

Fast Track is something different and good.

At Rs.125/- and so many ads in the magazine. Digit can afford to give 2 DVDs a month. If PC World can afford to give a DL DVD @ Rs.100/- (Rs.60/- is an introductory offer) Digit can surely give 2 Single Layer DVDs at this price.

What say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom