Digit Is Hiring!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
It's understandable that quite a few members would like to become freelance writers. Could you clarify a few points?

1. The stated qualifications for the post of freelance writer include "the ability to meet deadlines". Does this mean that freelance writers will be assigned topics that they must complete within a deadline?

2. Do they have the option to write only articles at their leisure on topics of their choice, subject of course to editorial approval if they are to be published?

3. If a submitted article is not accepted for publication (i.e., if it is rejected or payment is not given within a reasonable time frame), does the writer have the right to use it for other purposes?

From my experience (as former Digit employee and now freelancer)

1. Yes.
2. It's an option, but don't hold your breath. A better approach is to pitch ideas for stories you want to write; if you thought of it (and did your background research), you usually get to write it. But if you say "I want to write about 'blah'", you also need to commit to when you'll submit that article, which means refer pt.1.
3. If rejected, yes, you still own your content and can use it for any non-Digit purpose. If you don't get a payment on time for a published article, you get to nag the company for payment, but not, say, sell the article to another magazine.

I'd wait for Raaabo or another employee to verify this, but I also presume you get to use your content for non-commercial purposes as well—so you can put it up on your blog and say "published in Digit, Month, Year".

nashpd

Team Digit
It feels nice to see the interest around to write for Digit. We've come across and sifted through numerous profiles. Eventually, let us sum it up as follows:

1. Digit is always looking out for writers. We are looking out for as many freelancers as we can get. This is to add variety - in terms of writing style and story ideas.
2. We have no two ways on our anti-plagiarism policy. If you copy-paste, that's the last you hear from us.
3. We adhere to our deadlines. We value our readers and since late delivery issues have been the prime complaint in the past, we take this very seriously. Eventually, our editorial deadlines are stringent. It is adherence to these deadlines that has helped us reduce these complaints.
4. Give us the best and we ensure a prompt payment cycle once the article is printed. As a policy, we pay once the article is printed in Digit.

Do get back to us if you have the spark in you. We are waiting :smile:

Last edited:

aquafusion

Journeyman
I wanted to know if Content Coordinator (Multimedia) is a full time job? or can it be done, keeping your current occupation?

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
For those who are still wondering if we're hiring.. Yes, we are! We're looking for Test Centre Reviewers. Details can be found on the first post.

Those interested in applying can mail me - rossi.fernandes [AT] 9dot9.in

Cyborg-Razor

Right off the assembly line
Is DIGIT still hiring as of today? It would be great to work with Digit as a techie myself with 3 years industry experience. I would look forward for the testing center post. It sounds challenging and interesting!! :cool:

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^do you work for digit?please dont get me wrong as i had read in some of your posts that you do.

anyways lol at everyone.almost all wants to be a freelance.:D.

btw are there any posts still available for freelance?

quan chi

mortal kombat
ok i have few questions needs to be cleared before i apply for it.

1.will we(all freelancers) have to write on that topic only which will be assigned to us by digit.cant we choose topic of our own?

2.suppose if we have to write a review of a particular software.then will digit provide us that software or we have to get it on our own.

3.mostly(roughly) how many topics will be given per month.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@^
1: You will be assigned story ideas, but if you have researched enough, or want to write something for us, we are willing to discuss it sometimes.
2. Reviewing a software is highly unlikely. We don't do that too often. Tips and Tricks are an option though. If it is something like Free Download Manager, you will have to get the software. If it is Debian, we will mail you the disks. You get the idea right?
3. That totally depends on how much you can write, to what degree you stick to deadlines, and how many articles we are willing to take from a single writer in a single month. So there is no rule, but not more than 2 features, or about 4-5 items in workshops/tips n tricks/ 30 min expert etc

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
I am interested in freelancing. One question: When mailing the resume do we need to add any sample writing with the email or a link to our blog is going to be enough?

MarkFillipos

Right off the assembly line
Digit Is Hiring

Originally posted by fafalone Isnt a series like that a sum tho; this allowed for calculating any digit of pi without calculating any of the preceeding digits. If you calculate any digit of pi without having to know its surroundings, you would have to calculate an infinite number of 0s before you could be sure that it terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom