Digit has openings for the folowing positions:

1. Test Center Reviewer
2. News & Features Writers
3. Content Coordinator (Multimedia)
4. Copy Editors
5. Freelance Writers

Code:
To apply for any of the posts, send your resume to editor@thinkdigit.com,
with the text, "Application for the post of <post>".
Here <post> is one of the job openings mentioned above.
The explanation for the varous posts is given below.

Test Center Reviewer
A reviewer is someone who lives and breathes hardware and software, and has an analytical frame of mind. You need to be able to benchmark, analyse data and run various tests to determine which product is better than the rest, and why.
Writing skills are essential for the post of a reviewer, because, not only do you need to understand why a product is better, you also need to be able to explain it to the hundreds of thousands of readers that we have.
Qualifications: A scientific mind capable of logical reasoning, the passion to keep yourself updated with the latest in hardware trends, and indepth understanding of the latest technologies, and how they work, an preferrably previous experience running benchmarks, overclocking, etc.
Remuneration: Rs 1,80,000 per annum for freshers, and no limit for experienced professionals (depending solely on aptitude).
Work Examples: All comparison tests in Digit, our Bazaar section

News and Features Writers
If technology is what excites you the most, and you're often called a "geek" by friends, you will love this job. Writing skills are mandatory, and a flair for writing is expected. We want people who have their own unique style, and can make stories interesting.
Qualifications: You need to be passionate about technology, keep yourself constantly updated with the latest news and possess the ability to stay one step ahead of the general public in terms of being tech savvy. Previous experience in writing for publications (college or professional) is an added advantage, but not mandatory.
Remuneration: Rs 1,60,000 per annum for freshers, and no limit for experienced professionals (based on aptitude)
Work Examples: All articles, other than tests, in Digit.

Content Coordinator (Multimedia)
A content coordinator is responsible for identifying software for and making the Digit DVD and CD. The job requires a passion for the latest in software development, and overall knowledge of both Linux and Windows software.
Qualifications: A degree is software is preferred but not mandatory. You must, however, have vast knowledge about software, and be able to decide what's good and what isn't in a short span of time after using an application. Since your job responsibilities will also involve corresponding with some of the biggest software companies on the planet, you should also possess excellent communication skills.
Remuneration: Rs 1,60,000 per annum for freshers, and no limit for experienced professionals (based on aptitude)
Work Examples: The Digit CD & DVD

Copy Editors
As a copy editor, you need to have flawless English skills. The post requires you to go through the written articles of test center reviewers and all writers, and improve the article in terms of flow, English and style.
Qualifications: Apart from flawless English, writing skills and experience are desired, and a passion for technology is a huge advantage. Copy editors are also encouraged to write articles of their own at Digit.
Remuneration: Rs 1,80,000 per annum for freshers, and no limit for experienced professionals (based on aptitude)
Work Examples: Digit diary, news stories and also every article in Digit

Freelance Writers
Not everyone wants to be a full-time writer, but that doesn't mean that the rest of you cannot contribute to Digit. For those who have problems re-locating, haven't finished their education yet, or already have jobs or businesses, but still share our passion for technology, you can write on a freelance basis for Digit.
Qualifications: A flair for writing, a passion for technology and the ability to meet deadlines and an Intrnet connection.
Remuneration: Freshers are usually paid between 25 paise and Rs 2 per word, depending on how easy or hard the topic is.
Location: Anywhere on the planet with an Internet connection.
Work Examples: Fast Track books, and all sections of Digit except the tests.

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
Very nice , i wanted to ask a question , can i write game & software reviews & some tweakguides as a freelance writer ? if yes , how can i do it ? , thanks in advance.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I M applying for both freelance writing & test center reviewer as I can do both from Delhi

VD17

Journeyman
I'm applying for the posts of Freelance Writer and News & Features writer. I do have quite an inclination towards technology and people rate my writing skills fairly well. I'm a journalism student so I hope to make the best of this!

fallin_a

finding a way out !!!
Interested in Freelance Writer and News & Features writer.

Working with transcripts for more than 5 years.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I am in for a Freelance Gaming Reviewer. I will test one or two new games each month and send you my reviews (if i get choosen that is).

P.S. :- I dont want any money. Gaming is my hobby and Digit is my fav. mag so writing shall be a privilege !

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
I'd love to be a freelance writer or reviewer and have quite a bit of experience reviewing cell phones for Mobiledia. Is there someplace I could sign up?

manasvini

Right off the assembly line
im an engineering graduate(Computer Science and Engineering) and intersted for the post of freelance writers.i have great interest on latest technology and have updates on them and have very good communication skills.i would be delighted to work with u.my mail id is manuv_25@yahoo.co.in.hoping to hear from you soon.thank u
Manasvini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom