digit dual layer dvd's problem

viv_im4u

Broken In
i am using a SAMSUNG OCTO EDGE DVD WRITER , and since digit is giving away dual layer dvd's i cant access them on my desktop , but they r easily running on my notebook . i just want to conform that is this a problem with the optical drive - i mean are there special drives to read dual layer dvd's or just my piece has completed its life . i can access older and other single layer dvds

paroh

Padawan
I think most DVD drives that are coming now are Dual layer read capable. As u can check if there is any firmware available for ur DVD drive that improve reading capability of the drive.As my LG drive having problem in reading the dual layer disk i check on the LG site they are providing the firmware that improves the reading capability of the drive. After updating the firmware the drive reads the dual layer disk smoothly.

OP
V

viv_im4u

Broken In
i did as u suggested
i 'd upgraded the firmware but still no luck with the dual layer dvd's
i have one more query regarding this .
i recently purchased a pack of moser bear dvd PRO and writing it never exceeds 1% , i have wasted around 5 dvd's so far in tests , what could it be- dvd's or optical drive

paroh

Padawan
To confirm that ur drive is capable of reading Dual layer disk run (Nero info Tools). and for moser bear i always have a bad experience with moser bear DVD, CD ,DVD-RW and CD-rw.
I prefer samsung or sony .

jeetu

Broken In
Most Moser Baer dvd's drives are actually Lite-On Drives with different firmware.
Last year I bought Moser Baer DH20A3S drives. It was very average performer. So i finally took the risk and cross flashed it with Liteon-DH20A3S latest firmware. Its performance improved alot.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
the same dual layer DVD issue is cuming with my laptop too... i checked for the firmware on lenovo site bt it shows dat drive is up-to date.
my laptop model is lenovo R-61.. wheneva i insert the disc.. light start blinking bt wheneva i try to acces it jst show Device not ready..

Top Bottom