Digit didnt announce crossword winner despite correct entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtech

Broken In
Digit Crossword Contest a fraud :

I had submitted an all correct entry, emailed it to tq at thinkdigit dot com on 6th May 2008 (admins may pm me to know the email and have me forward them a copy with original headers), please check ur email inbox also for 6th May emails. Subject of email was Crossword Entry for May 2008

My crossword entry was :

*i36.tinypic.com/30x8qb8.jpg

This is really bad, the issue says that May 2008 had no winner, pathetic ! If someone else was declared May 2008 crossword winner then tell me, otherwise this is nothing but fraud. Waiting for your replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
well, even once I sent the correct entry.. but I think they will receive multiple correct entries and they will lucky pick the winner..

its inhuman to call someone/company as fraud without knowing the truth..

if u had sent ur entry on may 6th, then it is actually considered as June's competition.. (correct me if am wrong)

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
there may be 100s of correct answers, and winner is mostly selecting by lucky draw..else they wud go bankrupt.:D

OP
W

wtech

Broken In
They announced no winner for the month, and May6th is not June's entry, its the May Issue entry, June's (Anniversary) issue had no answers/puzzle, July's issue announced the result of May's crossword as no winners and i double checked my answers all were correct.

Its obvious someone is not taking his/her job of checking entries seriously. I had also emailed the editor and the email address responsible for the contests, but received silence. Whats the point of a contest if you dont even check the entries ? Isnt it a fraud competition then ?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hmm nothing new. I won Enjay client worth Rs. 12k back in Feb. 05 and waited for it eagerly. Nothing came.

OP
W

wtech

Broken In
Hmm nothing new. I won Enjay client worth Rs. 12k back in Feb. 05 and waited for it eagerly. Nothing came.

Yup, i think all these contests are frauds now, anyway i will try and publicise this thing, I have been reading it since the Chip days , and this is really a new low. , i still have a four year subscription left.

Digit is still keeping quiet on this, :O

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
#slugger - Yea I did, and I guess you can understand the excitment of a 14 year old guy winning something. Anyways yeaa made some calls followed by lots of emails and they said you will get, you will get, we have dispatched and you will receive soon but never got anything. So left it..

OP
W

wtech

Broken In
#slugger - Yea I did, and I guess you can understand the excitment of a 14 year old guy winning something. Anyways yeaa made some calls followed by lots of emails and they said you will get, you will get, we have dispatched and you will receive soon but never got anything. So left it..

Yeah DIGIT is officially the worst magazine company.

slugger

Banned
@chirag
such oversights is not to be expected from expected from such a wide-selling/read magazine :(

Yeah DIGIT is officially the worst magazine company.
our college libraries too haven't renewed subscription from February. seeing PCW instead there

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Yeah, I complaints similar to chirag from other members also in the past. So Chirag isnt the only one who didnt recieve a prize he won.

OP
W

wtech

Broken In
Yeah, I complaints similar to chirag from other members also in the past. So Chirag isnt the only one who didnt recieve a prize he won.

More important is that they dont even have the decency or the commitment to address the concerns. Wiley which sponsors the prizes should stop doing it, who knows if the prize winners even exist or are relatives of those drawing the prizes these days.

Whats more shameful for digit is that their Editor also didnt reply to my query, when the top officials arent concerned about PR, why would the clerks carry out their duty even.

Man i am stuck with this junk magazine for a few more years, but i am thinking of burning every copy i receive and putting up the videos on youtube for Digit to see and emailing every video's link to their editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom