Digi cam, urgent help.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
I need the best digi cam that is available in market at a price range of 15-20k..
The only words i understand bout cameras is megapixel, lens & flash.
So please be specific & confident in your suggestion.
Thank you.

P.s- is this the right place to post this thread.
Sorry if it isnt.

acewin

Point Blanc
a little more and you can get SLR
Digital Camera - Compare Digital Cameras, Compact Digital Camera & SLR Digital Cameras

the above link is for price referencing for different models.
Panasonic-LUMIX DMC-FZ35 newer model is FZ40 very very nice camera but from where you can get it I cannot say, havent seen it in any stores recently.

check out prosumer models in that price range 10.1 and above MPx, when looking for cameras do not think that MPx would mean camera is better, check accessories supplied in the package and pricing. Flash is always there.

Lens - yeah lens is a very big factor, but prosumers from all companies are mid range cameras just below SLR cameras so have good lenses. Best lenses are from Leica (panasonic model comes with lenses from Leica and Pentax the above model of panasonic has Leica lenses), canon, nikon

Yeah this is the right place I guess to even talk about cameras.

sujoyp

Grand Master
please answer some questions

1. R u interested in SLR?
2. How much zoom u want?
3. size matters...some cams r pocketable some r big like slrs and zoom camaras...ur choice??
4. U want HD video recording in it?

U want it straight then
Small cam :Canon SX210IS
Advance zoom cams: Panasonic fz35
Entry level SLR : Canon 1000D +18-55 lens

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
The only words i understand bout cameras is megapixel, lens & flash.

I guess it will be hard for him to answer if he wants a DSLR. Also, if he has no prior experience of using a digi cam, better stay away from a DSLR. He might find it too complicated. Prosumer range cameras should be good at this budget.

For op: DSLR cameras allow changing of the lens to suit the photography needs, say a wide angle lens for panorama shots, a high zoom lens for wildlife photography etc. Just examples, could be off the mark. I do not have much idea of lens types myself. Also, DSLRs have fast startup times, low shutter times, advanced features like manual focus. Colour reproduction is generally very good and noise is low. But these cameras are generally bulky

icebags

Technomancer
u need to evaluate ur needs -> want a easy to use camera? want huge zooms ? or just want quality than zoom.

#for just point and shoot cannon sx120/nikon L110 are good and both have 12x/15x zooms.
#then if u want to get a bit advanced towards photography then consider panasonic FZ35 (FZ40 is not coming before end of Nov may be. and old FZ35 users say FZ35 better than FZ40.) and of course Fuji HS10.
#if u want pure quality over zoom then get entry level dslr like Sony a230 or nikon d3000. u will miss the zoom thing, but dslrs can take some nice pics in conditions that no compact cameras can.

however, to use advanced cams photography knowledge is most needed. otherwise u will just end up using the auto mode all the time, and thats a waste of the camera's capabilities.

picture quality wise, if u want upto 12x8 inch copies, i dont see there will be much difference an entry lvl dslr or a prosumer can do - in favorable conditions. but, all cameras have they strengths and weaknesses, there no single one can be called the best.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
OMG..THANKS.
Wow,i didnt expect such an overwhelming response.
I think i'l settle with fz35.
But again,thank u guys.

acewin

Point Blanc
OP, let me know if you get it. from where and what price you got it in
FZ35 is one of the best cameras in lower mid range, has best lens than any other camera in similar prices. But sujoyp and icebags' question are correct. FZ35 is a huge camera hehe, unlike compact cameras what you will see generally

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think i'l buy it in a week or two from moonlight store in nagpur.

Dont go to moonlight they sell at MRP...its price is like 1-1.5k more then market price...better go to shops around apna bazaar in birdie...I forgot the name..located in orange city hotel...it have great deals:smile:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
JJ Mehta of Mumbai is currently offering the FZ35 for 22.5k (MRP appears to be about 29k). They are authorised dealers and are well known. I've bought several items from them before and found them reliable.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
@sujoyp, are you from nagpur?
Well, i am from wardha.
Here, you ask anyone on where to buy a camera,& they say moonlight.
Well, thanks for your advice.
I'l hunt around a bit.

@pimpom, i dont think i can import or buy online.

Btw,i'l looking for a 'bill-less' purchase. That'l hopefully decrease the cost & i dont think such nice camera would go haywire on its own.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
@pimpom, i dont think i can import or buy online.
Why not? Of course, it's up to you how and from where you buy it. But buying from an established firm like JJ Mehta is just a matter of contacting them by phone or by email and sending them the payment. They are quite responsive.

Btw,i'l looking for a 'bill-less' purchase. That'l hopefully decrease the cost & i dont think such nice camera would go haywire on its own.
That's one way of looking at it. But purchases from a reputed dealer like JJ Mehta come with a 3-year warranty.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes I am from Nagpur and love searching for gadgets:razz:

Just dont get it from Moonlight u will surely get it costly there..

U know Moonlight is in birdie...just ask somebody to guide u to Apna bazar...u will see 2 electronic shops there(by posters u will understand) they r the best:razz:

acewin

Point Blanc
toad buddy it is a nice option. Though I also think you may get any good deals.
Once in e-Zone here in Bangalore they FZ28 was in sale for 18K or so long back I said wow
These stores give old stocks and panasonic does not come into many people's mind LOL.

icebags

Technomancer
i saw it selling @~18k in ebay .....

international price is now ~$300 so our overpriced indian equivalent should be <18k.

Top Bottom