Dialing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

uk_tyagi

Right off the assembly line
:idea: :?: By clicking dial on dial up connection, PC restarts without any warning. WinXP SP1. After clearing offline contents, problems is cured but same thing takes place after 2-3 reboots.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hay... 1st post... :D so wellcome to the forum.... :D

hmm... may be a virus... so.. have u scaned the system with any GOOD avs like NAV or KAV??

2nd thing... but confusing... as u said that "clearing offline contents" templly solves ur problem...

as if that wouldnt happend... i would have written that may be a problem either with system power supply or with the MOBO....

so 1st thing 1st... make sure u have scaned the system with good antivirus... & u have the latest driver for ur modem... considering loading the SP2... & if internel modem then try to switch the PCI slot... or if Serial modem then try to switch the port...

:D

chatterjeesayan

Broken In
I think,you're affected by blaster or sasser worm,pls download the fix from symantec's website and run it on your computer.

NB:Disable system restore before running the fix.

agnels

Live The Dream!
What are you waiting for. Do you think MICROSOFT give SP and updates just like that. Go and update your computer with SP2 and all the latest updates. Otherwise it will be hell while surfing the net. Don't take chances. I have already paid the price for not installing SP2 on one of my PC's. Also do a virus scan and spware scan. It's better you delete the connection and make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom