1. Budget?
25k-30k INR
2. Display type and size?
< 4"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any Except Samsung
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
More Than 5 MP (With 1080p Rec)
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android.(Please Don't Suggest WP)
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Normal Usage.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Xperia S,Optimus L9,?

Please Don't Sugest Phones With S4 Play SOCs.

Thanks.

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Wait for next month and get Sony Xperia SP

Will be in your budget

4.6 inch 720p
MSM8960T with Adreno 320GPU
8 mp Exmor RS

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
1. Budget?
>25k INR
2. Display type and size?
< 4"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any Except Samsung
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
More Than 5 MP (With 1080p Rec)
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android.(Please Don't Suggest WP)
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Normal Usage.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Xperia S,Optimus L9,?

Please Don't Sugest Phones With S4 Play SOCs.

Thanks.

you are the "acervenky" ? the one behind the xperia U rom ?

guru_urug

iGoogle
Nice to have a recognised dev amongst us :D

With that budget, I'd suggest you wait. If you were to buy something under 18k, I'd say get the optimus L9 for 14995/- on hs18 superdeal while its still on. For 25k there is no point spending that much right now on last gen chipsets(unless you are desperate for a phone). So wait for a few weeks, many interesting phones and announcements are due. S4 launch, Lava Clovertrail+, xperia midrange refresh, etc

Only option worthy close to your budget is the Nexus 4. It is also a developers dream phone, so you will enjoy making custom roms for the best devs on XDA. PPL like Franco(Arguably best kernel dev) choose to make kernels exclusively for nexus devices, so it will be a great learning experience.
You can get the 8GB for 24399/- and 16GB for 27690/- on ibhejo.com, They do have an international warranty policy too, but its best to contact them to confirm their terms and conditions.

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
Okay so you are a dev!
Y U NO get Nexus 4? extend the budget by 2-5 k and get Nexus 4 16 GB as ^he^ suggested!
Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More] - Page 864 - xda-developers

OP
A

acervenky

Broken In
Nexus 4 Is Cool,But I Don't Like The Limited Storage.
I Like To Try Out .imgs On Android.(4-5 GB) Then My Songs (3 GB Approx:-D ),Games Like NFS MW Or Fifa (4 GB) And Then No Space Remaining For .zips Of Roms.
So I Have Decided To Go For A Device With Expandable Storage :wink:
Optimus L9 Is Also Good But It Has Five Variants,So A Little Hard To Develop For :-D
Waiting For Sony To Officially Announce Xperia SP And Xperia L.
Thanks.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Nexus 4 Is Cool,But I Don't Like The Limited Storage.
I Like To Try Out .imgs On Android.(4-5 GB) Then My Songs (3 GB Approx:-D ),Games Like NFS MW Or Fifa (4 GB) And Then No Space Remaining For .zips Of Roms.
So I Have Decided To Go For A Device With Expandable Storage :wink:
Optimus L9 Is Also Good But It Has Five Variants,So A Little Hard To Develop For :-D
Waiting For Sony To Officially Announce Xperia SP And Xperia L.
Thanks.

You can store your songs/movies/multimedia on a USB flash drive and use the OTG feature. Nexus 4 is definitely the one to go for, you will learn a lot from the best devs and get immense recognition. 16GB should be sufficient in most cases.

But if its not suitable for you then, its better to wait for newer phones with expandable memory.

OP
A

acervenky

Broken In
You can store your songs/movies/multimedia on a USB flash drive and use the OTG feature. Nexus 4 is definitely the one to go for, you will learn a lot from the best devs and get immense recognition. 16GB should be sufficient in most cases.

But if its not suitable for you then, its better to wait for newer phones with expandable memory.
I will go with the second option.
*its better to wait for newer phones with expandable memory.
Thanks.

I would reccomend that you wait ..... for atleast a month.......If u want a phone now, then I think you must try to get LG Optimus 4X ....

aroraanant

Explorer
HTC One X 32 GB with manufacturer warranty is available for 26k at tradus, but it a.s.a.p. as this price will not be for long.As it is being retailing at all other places for 33k

OP
A

acervenky

Broken In
^

SP beats the **** out of S3 :)
Yeah :-D
Take A Look At This :
527925_411910245569936_673360033_n.jpg

suhailkhan

Broken In
^ What would be the price of Xperia SP and when is it arriving? I am thinking of purchasing GS3, should I wait for this?

Top Bottom