Dell online payment question.

Recently i had chat with one of the dell sales employee..He sent me quotation of dell xps 15 for around 65k with i7-2670m,4gb ram,fhd 1080p display,750 gb hdd,9 cell battery,etc..
(65k is after 5% discount).
Now they are telling me to pay money to confirm..Isnt there any option so that i can pay cash on delivery.I mean its kind of unsafe to pay money before delivery and my family members are not willing to do so too.
If Anyone could tell me any way to confirm with my order and placement. I mean a SAFE way.

aroraanant

Explorer
You have to pay them before only.Thats the procedure.
I have bought many laptops from Dell,Bangalore office
You can pay by draft.It is the safest procedure but takes a bit of extra time but it hardly matters

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
I mean its kind of unsafe to pay money before delivery and my family members are not willing to do so too.

Kind of unsafe for them to do the delivery before the payment right?

Use
- NEFT
- Credit Card
- Cheque

All 3 provide you means of tracking. And COD for that huge of an amount? Keep track of all emails that you've sent to the CC, send an email whenever you perform an action & you'll be fine.

(I did an NEFT when I purchased my Dell monitor. Was delivered 2 days later).

If i buy from dell exclusive store,
1)Shall i have to pay first?
2)The taxes would be same as online quotation given or more?
3)Would i be able to avail 5% discount(corporal)?

aroraanant

Explorer
I will suggest you to get online rather getting it from a local dealer as there are chances that the local dealer dealer change some part as they are pretty good at that thing and even I have a dell dealer in my town who use to do these type of things.
So if you get it online,everything you will get will be original and you will get each every thing which deal gives,generally dealer keep the original accessories like the creative earphones,cds etc with himself and don't give it to the buyer. And also you will get the best and genuine price if you buy online from dell.
Don't come in the talks of the local dealer,generally dealers say that the will give you mouse,earphones etc for free as the accessories which they give are totally crap and not worth for even 500 bugs.

Thanx a lot ,i think i m pretty much convinced so i will buy online..Moreover i came to know that we could not avail 5% discount from dell exclusive store.

sdmaverick

Journeyman
Its safe with dell dude. Even though I own an Asus laptop now, I did order the dell studio xps 16 2 years back...paid through draft, the laptop was assembled and took a good 15 days to reach me...

Cheers!

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I just brought a DELL Inspiron laptop for my brother. Got delivered yesterday. Purchased online.

IMO online purchase from DELL online is pretty safe. :)

sarthak

In the zone
My friend ordered his alienware online...........payment via NEFT. Don't worry just order online, and keep every email they send you. If there is any problem with delivery like if they don't deliver on time or if you will be unavailable on the date of delivery just send them a mail.

Top Bottom