Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

R2K

In the Zone
After installing drivers on Win 8.1 I got a ton of stuff running on startup like some intel gfx and other driver related applications. Is there any article which of these startup entries are safe to disable. ?

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
what happened the first time u tried to uninstall exactly?

I gave the description of what exactly happened 3-4 post up....

"Thank you for the reply..but the thing is when i uninstall AMD CCC the screen flickers when the drivers are being uninstalled but the screen doesn't come back on(its on but there's no window being displayed).once i left it to its own after 10 minutes i checked on my laptop and it had restarted and the uninstallation was incomplete, the drivers had been uninstalled but the rest was still there in the control panel for me to uninstall again....and when i uninstalled it again a tried to install the latest driver it doesn't work(the list of things to be installed does not show the drivers)...but it works fine with the driver setup i had just uninstalled( the list of items to be installed is complete)."

manu_saraswat

Broken In
I wanted to know that will this ram support my inspiron 15r se i5 4gb win7
Buy Online GSKILL RIPJAWS 4GB DDR3 1866MHZ LAPTOP (F3-1866C10S-4GRSL). Shop from tradus.com NSWMT3UADNWFQVCH

ratul

█████████████████
I wanted to know that will this ram support my inspiron 15r se i5 4gb win7
Buy Online GSKILL RIPJAWS 4GB DDR3 1866MHZ LAPTOP (F3-1866C10S-4GRSL). Shop from tradus.com NSWMT3UADNWFQVCH

1866Mhz, nope.. :)
you can try this one: *www.flipkart.com/corsair-ddr3-4-gb-laptop-ram-cmso4gx3m1a1600c11/p/itmdhgydacx8xq22

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i will say G.Skill DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL11S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com

its out of stock :p theres even a dell ram -
Kingston DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Dell Laptop RAM (KTD-L3C/4GFR) - Kingston: Flipkart.com

dunno how it is though and it seems overpriced and underpowered

saaransh9

Journeyman
i will say the latency is exactly the same i have heard that 11-11-11-30 latency increases the laptop startup a bit n reduces the performance for both the rams

n about the dell ram dont buy it not worth

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Had quite a bad experience with my 1 month old Inspiron 15r, the wireless networking card stopped working :evil: and I had to call dell and have replaced, had the whole laptop opened up after 1 month of purchase :|, stupid dell and their products

I had HP before, decided to go dell this time but regret it now.:|

hybridic

Broken In
Hey

Is the new Inspiron 15r (5537) good for gaming [ medium to high setting @ 720p ] for 2 years from now ?

Specs - Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.60990 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Moon Sliver Online - Dell: Flipkart.com

ratul

█████████████████
Hey

Is the new Inspiron 15r (5537) good for gaming [ medium to high setting @ 720p ] for 2 years from now ?

Specs - Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.60990 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Moon Sliver Online - Dell: Flipkart.com

8850m seems to be a capable GPU, but that ULV processor bothers me, it could be a bottleneck for that GPU, as per for 2 years, can't say, especially when recently game requirements have skyrocketed due to current gen consoles, as these consoles will mature, the game requirements would only increase..

anirudhd.91

Broken In
Hello people. I have Dell Inspiron 14r SE (7420) . It was working fine till yesterday. Today, as usual, I booted it up and started playing Witcher 2. However, I was only getting 10-11 FPS. So, I quit the game and tried opening the Nvidia Control Panel. However, it is saying " NVidia display settings not available. An Nvidia graphics card was not detected in your system."
Then I went to Device Manager and saw that my Nvidia card is not even listed under Display Adapters. I tried to reinstall the driver but ran into the same problem. It says " Nvidia installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."
So, is it a hardware or a software problem? Thanks in advance.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hello people. I have Dell Inspiron 14r SE (7420) . It was working fine till yesterday. Today, as usual, I booted it up and started playing Witcher 2. However, I was only getting 10-11 FPS. So, I quit the game and tried opening the Nvidia Control Panel. However, it is saying " NVidia display settings not available. An Nvidia graphics card was not detected in your system."
Then I went to Device Manager and saw that my Nvidia card is not even listed under Display Adapters. I tried to reinstall the driver but ran into the same problem. It says " Nvidia installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."
So, is it a hardware or a software problem? Thanks in advance.

try reinstalling the nvidia drivers or use dells bios test by holding f12(i dunno the exact key for windows 8 i have windows 7 home premium oem) if its not detected in bios test either than take it for RMA and take a backup asap

8850m seems to be a capable GPU, but that ULV processor bothers me, it could be a bottleneck for that GPU, as per for 2 years, can't say, especially when recently game requirements have skyrocketed due to current gen consoles, as these consoles will mature, the game requirements would only increase..

i felt the same way but my friends laptop can play most games on medium so its decent if he doesnt want very high settings
games like unreal tournament 3 looked worse on his because of his settings and he couldnt play on high and medium due to lag
whereas my 7520 could handle it with everything turned up and looked great

Had quite a bad experience with my 1 month old Inspiron 15r, the wireless networking card stopped working :evil: and I had to call dell and have replaced, had the whole laptop opened up after 1 month of purchase :|, stupid dell and their products

actually in india all of them give terrible service only dell,hp,sony give good service compared to others
i have a 7520 with zero hardware issues and a HP G6 with AMD A8 with a power button issue which i had to shell out 5k to repair
and both laptops were bought in the same month
in india its just a game of luck in any product even if i bought 2 of the same product at the same time same config etc theres still a chance of it having hardware trouble

nandu26

In the zone

How is the display of HP (Brightview) compared to Dell?

ratul

█████████████████
Ratul, Any new driver for Dell 15r turbo inspiron 7520... ??

download all latest one's here: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India
Catalyst 13.12: www2.ati.com/DriverS/mobile/13-12_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe

if amd direct link doesn't work, copy paste the address directly in your download manager and start download.

ratul

█████████████████
Hey friends is anyone here facing problems with win8.1 wifi issues ?

everyone? this issue persists for most of the centrino adapters in 8.1, intel has been just wiping their @$$ off for past one year, their forums has been flooding with these issues even in win8, but still not a fix for centrino adapters in their driver releases..
i think installing older drivers might fix the issue, but haven't tried it yet.. (too lazy.. :p)

Top Bottom