Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
Had anybody played Assassins Creed 4 on this laptop.. If they have, does it run fine?
I'll only buy this game if I can run it on this lappy.

haven't played it, but this lappy can definitely run this game at med-high settings at 768p resolution.. :cool:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
haven't played it, but this lappy can definitely run this game at med-high settings at 768p resolution.. :cool:

it works fantastic i have it running with high settings zero lag

btw guys thought u might want to try this
Razer Surround Personalized 7.1 Gaming Audio Software - Razer United States
it is a nice addition to the skullcandy speakers and emulates a 7.1 channel gaming experience

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
is anybody using the 13.11 beta driver from AMD? should i update to it as well.

I haven't updated my graphics driver in a long time i remember there was a special procedure in which the old driver was to be removed then the new one installed...i can't exactly remember..could anybody help me?

ratul

█████████████████
is anybody using the 13.11 beta driver from AMD? should i update to it as well.

I haven't updated my graphics driver in a long time i remember there was a special procedure in which the old driver was to be removed then the new one installed...i can't exactly remember..could anybody help me?

Yeah, i am using the 13.11beta9.4: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.4.exe
Remove the current drivers, use driver fusion if you want to, then install the new drivers, that's it.. :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
[/GS]
Yeah, i am using the 13.11beta9.4: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.4.exe
Remove the current drivers, use driver fusion if you want to, then install the new drivers, that's it.. :)

Hey ratul could u post some benchmark test results and ill do the same so we can compare the performance of 13.1 and 13.11... Im still not sure if I want to upgrade unless there's a major performance increase

Hey guys my dell inspiron 17 r is facing a problem.. My screen has a very small line in the middle left region of scrrn .. My warranty is up till 29th Jan 2014 but I have this notion or preformed thinking process of not letting dell associates open my machine, should i contact dell for the same or continue with my original thingy?
Please suggest guys

ratul

█████████████████
Hey guys my dell inspiron 17 r is facing a problem.. My screen has a very small line in the middle left region of scrrn .. My warranty is up till 29th Jan 2014 but I have this notion or preformed thinking process of not letting dell associates open my machine, should i contact dell for the same or continue with my original thingy?
Please suggest guys

i'd suggest you to wait till the whole laptop blasts like a c4.. :p
jk, i'd have called the dell cc and RMA'd for it, it's better to use the warranty, who knows that might be some dead pixel or something else? :wink:

i'd suggest you to wait till the whole laptop blasts like a c4.. :p
jk, i'd have called the dell cc and RMA'd for it, it's better to use the warranty, who knows that might be some dead pixel or something else? :wink:
I bought my laptop from US , and they say that international warranty isnt there in my case ! :/ any help ? i do have the date of purchase with me and all

ratul

█████████████████
I bought my laptop from US , and they say that international warranty isnt there in my case ! :/ any help ? i do have the date of purchase with me and all

well in that case, you won't be able to avail the warranty, try to get more info about it from dell cc..

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
i can't seem to uninstall my display driver 12.11 beta8, whenever i uninstall it from the control panel, the catalyst controller center starts uninstalling but when it gets to uninstalling the drivers the screen flickers ("as it should" i guess), but after that the screen goes black and does't come back instead after a while the laptop restarts.

Again i go to uninstall the drivers in the AMD CCC , it doesn't show any drivers to uninstall but the rest of the software's i still have to uninstall which i do 2-3 times until the CCC isn't shown in the control panel.

I ran driver sweeper restarted and tried installing 13.11 beta 9.5 but in the list of contents to be installed the drivers weren't being shown and this is the same with version 13.9,but when i run my old driver setup all the contents are there to be installed...that should mean that there are incompatibility issues for 13.11 and 13.9.

What do i do..Assassins Creed 4 keeps crashing, i saw in a forum that the drivers could be a problem and i should update my drivers..I need some advice guys plz HELP.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i can't seem to uninstall my display driver 12.11 beta8, whenever i uninstall it from the control panel, the catalyst controller center starts uninstalling but when it gets to uninstalling the drivers the screen flickers ("as it should" i guess), but after that the screen goes black and does't come back instead after a while the laptop restarts.

Again i go to uninstall the drivers in the AMD CCC , it doesn't show any drivers to uninstall but the rest of the software's i still have to uninstall which i do 2-3 times until the CCC isn't shown in the control panel.

I ran driver sweeper restarted and tried installing 13.11 beta 9.5 but in the list of contents to be installed the drivers weren't being shown and this is the same with version 13.9,but when i run my old driver setup all the contents are there to be installed...that should mean that there are incompatibility issues for 13.11 and 13.9.

What do i do..Assassins Creed 4 keeps crashing, i saw in a forum that the drivers could be a problem and i should update my drivers..I need some advice guys plz HELP.

Use these steps-
1.download driver fusion and leshcat 13.1
2.shutdown and start laptop in safe mode
3.use driver fusion to uninstall
4.install leshcats 13.1 drivers

Read this too pls before doing anything- *www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...GBbOTN1toiVDLmlWYWA5_pA&bvm=bv.57799294,d.bmk
works 100% and i was in a similiar situation myself a while back
btw which windows version do u have installed? 7 or 8?

btw guys my wear level is back to 18% again and shows the same in the uefi tests in the laptop bios as well
its 14 months old and out of warranty
is the level normal for a 14 month old laptop?

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
i have WIN 8

Use these steps-
1.download driver fusion and leshcat 13.1
2.shutdown and start laptop in safe mode
3.use driver fusion to uninstall
4.install leshcats 13.1 drivers

Read this too pls before doing anything- *www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...GBbOTN1toiVDLmlWYWA5_pA&bvm=bv.57799294,d.bmk
works 100% and i was in a similiar situation myself a while back
btw which windows version do u have installed? 7 or 8?

btw guys my wear level is back to 18% again and shows the same in the uefi tests in the laptop bios as well
its 14 months old and out of warranty
is the level normal for a 14 month old laptop?

Thanks for the reply..I have Win 8..are you suggesting that i should uninstall the CCC using Driver fusion without uninstalling it from the control panel?

Also, do u guys update your onboard graphics card through windiows update?
the reason i ask is because i updated it once and it messed with the dedicated graphics card.

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
i have WIN 8

Thanks for the reply..I have Win 8..are you suggesting that i should uninstall the CCC using Driver fusion without uninstalling it from the control panel?

the reason i ask is because i updated it once and it messed with the dedicated graphics card.

Never update graphics drivers through windows update, they messup the system, i'd say never update any driver through windows update.. (wifi, bluetooth etc., always try to download from OEM's website or the manufacturer's).

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i have WIN 8

np btw dont uninstall from driver fusion first
1.uninstall from control panel
2.uninstall from driver fusion
3.proceed to install leshcat 13.1

i asked about windows 8 coz dont proceed fully with the manual found on leshcat
These are the steps for windows 8 which i copied from leshcats with ur windows 8 install in mind

Manual's graphics were taken from Windows 7 x64 Professional, you can easily find respective menus at Windows 8 with the help of Metro "Find" function (shortcut: Win+F).

GThis manual is also known as "Full Cleanup".

This simple guide will show you how to properly clean previous Brand/Custom Drivers so as to successfully install UnifL Drivers afterwards.

If you are currently using UnifL set, you can go directly to Updating from Previous UnifL Drivers page.

Requirements:
Driver Fusion

Steps:

1. Navigate the Control Panel, and delete drivers using Programs and Features.

Uninstall_standard

2. Locate & Select “AMD Catalyst Install Manager”, launch it and select "Express Uninstall ALL AMD Software". Execute it and follow instructions. Reboot.

ACIM

3. Download and install Driver Fusion. Launch it:
(GPlease note, there is no need for "Premium" version, all important files are deleted also in Free Version )

driver_fusion

4. Select "AMD" and "Intel" tabs: And hit "delete" button. Follow on-screen instructions.

driver_fusion1

GPlease note:

If some files are locked for deletion and Driver Fusion is offering to Buy Premium Edition - skip it and load your Windows in Safe Mode. Remaining files and registry settings can be deleted now.
However, if some of them wont delete like registry locks files - skip it, they are not that important.

This concludes cleaning with Driver Fusion.

Following below steps are only applicable only for Windows 7!

Windows 8 will install default AMD and Intel Drivers from its repositories.
Do not try to remove Windows 8 standard AMD and Intel Drivers as it might break Windows 8 ability to install Video Drivers!
If you have Windows 8 installed - you are done with cleaning procedures!

just stick with my above instructions and ull have great drivers up and running with no glitches etc

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
np btw dont uninstall from driver fusion first
1.uninstall from control panel
2.uninstall from driver fusion
3.proceed to install leshcat 13.1

i asked about windows 8 coz dont proceed fully with the manual found on leshcat
These are the steps for windows 8 which i copied from leshcats with ur windows 8 install in mind

Manual's graphics were taken from Windows 7 x64 Professional, you can easily find respective menus at Windows 8 with the help of Metro "Find" function (shortcut: Win+F).

GThis manual is also known as "Full Cleanup".

This simple guide will show you how to properly clean previous Brand/Custom Drivers so as to successfully install UnifL Drivers afterwards.

If you are currently using UnifL set, you can go directly to Updating from Previous UnifL Drivers page.

Requirements:
Driver Fusion

Steps:

1. Navigate the Control Panel, and delete drivers using Programs and Features.

Uninstall_standard

2. Locate & Select “AMD Catalyst Install Manager”, launch it and select "Express Uninstall ALL AMD Software". Execute it and follow instructions. Reboot.

ACIM

3. Download and install Driver Fusion. Launch it:
(GPlease note, there is no need for "Premium" version, all important files are deleted also in Free Version )

driver_fusion

4. Select "AMD" and "Intel" tabs: And hit "delete" button. Follow on-screen instructions.

driver_fusion1

GPlease note:

If some files are locked for deletion and Driver Fusion is offering to Buy Premium Edition - skip it and load your Windows in Safe Mode. Remaining files and registry settings can be deleted now.
However, if some of them wont delete like registry locks files - skip it, they are not that important.

This concludes cleaning with Driver Fusion.

Following below steps are only applicable only for Windows 7!

Windows 8 will install default AMD and Intel Drivers from its repositories.
Do not try to remove Windows 8 standard AMD and Intel Drivers as it might break Windows 8 ability to install Video Drivers!
If you have Windows 8 installed - you are done with cleaning procedures!

just stick with my above instructions and ull have great drivers up and running with no glitches etc

Thank you for the reply..but the thing is when i uninstall AMD CCC the screen flickers when the drivers are being uninstalled but the screen doesn't come back on(its on but there's no window being displayed).once i left it to its own after 10 minutes i checked on my laptop and it had restarted and the uninstallation was incomplete, the drivers had been uninstalled but the rest was still there in the control panel for me to uninstall again....and when i uninstalled it again a tried to install the latest driver it doesn't work(the list of things to be installed does not show the drivers)...but it works fine with the driver setup i had just uninstalled( the list of items to be installed is complete).

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thank you for the reply..but the thing is when i uninstall AMD CCC the screen flickers when the drivers are being uninstalled but the screen doesn't come back on(its on but there's no window being displayed).once i left it to its own after 10 minutes i checked on my laptop and it had restarted and the uninstallation was incomplete, the drivers had been uninstalled but the rest was still there in the control panel for me to uninstall again....and when i uninstalled it again a tried to install the latest driver it doesn't work(the list of things to be installed does not show the drivers)...but it works fine with the driver setup i had just uninstalled( the list of items to be installed is complete).

try safe mode should work coz the driver wont be in use
screen flicker is normal when u update/install/uninstall video card drivers but in ur case seems its failing to uninstall
i think revo uninstaller should do it but maybe someone else in the thread can confirm this just in case or u could make a restore point and try revo

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
try safe mode should work coz the driver wont be in use
screen flicker is normal when u update/install/uninstall video card drivers but in ur case seems its failing to uninstall
i think revo uninstaller should do it but maybe someone else in the thread can confirm this just in case or u could make a restore point and try revo

I tried in safe mode....i wasn't able to uninstall beacause of some error/notification regarding how i couldn't uninstall the software because it was inaccessible in safe mode kept coming up.....i can't remember exactly

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I tried in safe mode....i wasn't able to uninstall beacause of some error/notification regarding how i couldn't uninstall the software because it was inaccessible in safe mode kept coming up.....i can't remember exactly

what happened the first time u tried to uninstall exactly?

Top Bottom