Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
What kind of Issues?

i have issues like random disconnections, and sometimes after disconnection, it doesn't reconnect unless you either reboot the system, or disable and re-enable the wireless adapter from network settings.. most probably bad drivers..

armada_red

Broken In
i have issues like random disconnections, and sometimes after disconnection, it doesn't reconnect unless you either reboot the system, or disable and re-enable the wireless adapter from network settings.. most probably bad drivers..

Hmm strange. I didn't encounter such type of problem. *Touchwood*
Btw ratul how's the performance of the latest amd 13.12 driver from the 13.9 one?

ratul

█████████████████
Hmm strange. I didn't encounter such type of problem. *Touchwood*
Btw ratul how's the performance of the latest amd 13.12 driver from the 13.9 one?

uhm, not tested till now, not getting enough time to play games these days, stressful personal life.. :(
but if you have tested, you can post some performance differences.. :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
uhm, not tested till now, not getting enough time to play games these days, stressful personal life.. :(
but if you have tested, you can post some performance differences.. :)

overall i have found leshcat 13.1 and leshcat 13.4 to be most stable but alot of people say that 13.12 is best for newer games which released a few months back
i havent been able to confirm this coz i have my entrance exams coming up but i believe it may be true
im sticking to 13.1 for now

ratul

█████████████████
overall i have found leshcat 13.1 and leshcat 13.4 to be most stable but alot of people say that 13.12 is best for newer games which released a few months back
i havent been able to confirm this coz i have my entrance exams coming up but i believe it may be true
im sticking to 13.1 for now

great, i am using 13.12 right now, stable and optimized for newer games, sufficient for me.. :doublethumb:

dayslleepper

Broken In
My Dell 15R Turbo fell in my house and got a crack behind the monitor... but nothing happen to the screen.. Will it get replaced from DELL...??
I extended the warranty to 2 years on october 2013 to 2015...

ratul

█████████████████
My Dell 15R Turbo fell in my house and got a crack behind the monitor... but nothing happen to the screen.. Will it get replaced from DELL...??
I extended the warranty to 2 years on october 2013 to 2015...

if it's the accidental cover, it should be replaced, just tell the dell cc that the laptop fell accidentally and the part to be replaced..

player100

Broken In
I just want to share my views with you all.......
I have Dell Inspiron 17R SE.... (the one that comes with intel core i7 3610 version) .......
My laptop is almost a year old now and some heating issue are rising....it gets heated quickly and starts throttling.... of course when i am playing Games...

When it was new, it used to stay around 81 degree MAX at complete load on GPU and there used to be no throttling at all.... but now it reaches 91 degree and lots of throttling and sometimes my laptop gets automatically shutdown(actually instant shutdown) because of overheat.... :(

If i use cooling pad then my pc gets heated around 80 degree but do not throttle at all......

One more thing is that the left side of the keyboard and the palm resting area get heated very badly.... it is not at all comfortable to keep my hand there... actually the surface used to get heated since it was new.... but slowly its getting worse.....

Note:The place where i live is a moderate temperature area..... summer 32-33 degree Average.... i don't operate under AC room.....

The gameplay experience is okay..... 1080p with rest of the settings at medium..... even with new games so its not too bad and not too good

I just wanted to say that heating is the main issue in this laptop...... sadly i don't have any choice now :(

ratul

█████████████████
I just want to share my views with you all.......
I have Dell Inspiron 17R SE.... (the one that comes with intel core i7 3610 version) .......
My laptop is almost a year old now and some heating issue are rising....it gets heated quickly and starts throttling.... of course when i am playing Games...

When it was new, it used to stay around 81 degree MAX at complete load on GPU and there used to be no throttling at all.... but now it reaches 91 degree and lots of throttling and sometimes my laptop gets automatically shutdown(actually instant shutdown) because of overheat.... :(

If i use cooling pad then my pc gets heated around 80 degree but do not throttle at all......

One more thing is that the left side of the keyboard and the palm resting area get heated very badly.... it is not at all comfortable to keep my hand there... actually the surface used to get heated since it was new.... but slowly its getting worse.....

Note:The place where i live is a moderate temperature area..... summer 32-33 degree Average.... i don't operate under AC room.....

The gameplay experience is okay..... 1080p with rest of the settings at medium..... even with new games so its not too bad and not too good

I just wanted to say that heating is the main issue in this laptop...... sadly i don't have any choice now :(

Mine is almost 2 yrs. old now, 15r, you can call dell cc and complain about overheating (exaggerate it a little, otherwise they won't register it), i have done it twice since last july, once cleaned and changed thermal paste, next time changed whole heatsink, and still it doesn't go beyond 85c while playing games like nfs rivals 0r blackflag (room temp 30-33)..

player100

Broken In
Mine is almost 2 yrs. old now, 15r, you can call dell cc and complain about overheating (exaggerate it a little, otherwise they won't register it), i have done it twice since last july, once cleaned and changed thermal paste, next time changed whole heatsink, and still it doesn't go beyond 85c while playing games like nfs rivals 0r blackflag (room temp 30-33)..

Thanks for giving me idea....
i actually did not know that how to show them the problem.... but i think i should force them to do something about it ;)

Thanks so much and i hope that they change some parts to control this overheating :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am guessing CPU bottleneck. CPU must be utilized 80-90%.
Another possibility is poor optimization of NFS Rivals by AMD.
My Inspiron 15 can barely run NFS Rivals @20 FPS. CPU getting used upto 80-90% and GPU barely getting used at all(poor scaling).

ratul

█████████████████
how is it that COD- Ghosts runs on more than medium giving 40+ frames while nfs rivals wont even run on lowest settings (8-9 fps)

Well, here are my settings currently:
*i.imgur.com/eHhzsKZ.png

Normally stays at 27-30fps (still haven't unlocked the framerate).
*i.imgur.com/OrK6dx4.png

Though i prefer to tone down effects quality to medium, as it reached to 20fps while in town in high..

manu_saraswat

Broken In
no actually when i was on windows 7 this game ran at 30 fps even on everything full but after i switched to windows 8.1 this **** starts happening , though all other games are still running well and good
cpu usage only 60%

- - - Updated - - -

now that u mention it problems started occouring after some max fps limit unlock i tried , any idea to revert it back

xeon

Broken In
Which RAM would be better
G.Skill DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL11S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com

Will this one work on my inspiron 15r
G.Skill SQ DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com
9-9-9-28 CAS Latency If I change the complete set ?

ratul

█████████████████
Which RAM would be better
G.Skill DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL11S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com

This one is perfect.. :mrgreen:

Will this one work on my inspiron 15r
G.Skill SQ DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com
9-9-9-28 CAS Latency If I change the complete set ?

yeah this would work, but remember, the best ram would be clocked down.. :)

Top Bottom