Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

imd

Right off the assembly line
Got a new inspiron 15R SE,8 GB RAM,i7 3612.........
but performance wise am not satisfied....hate systems when they hang...
thats why was lured by i7....on opening new applications busy cursor almost
always shown....& even though am connected to net,the toolbar network
symbol shows otherwise....so hold ur guns & help out:-x:

ratul

█████████████████
Got a new inspiron 15R SE,8 GB RAM,i7 3612.........
but performance wise am not satisfied....hate systems when they hang...
thats why was lured by i7....on opening new applications busy cursor almost
always shown....& even though am connected to net,the toolbar network
symbol shows otherwise....so hold ur guns & help out:-x:

there's no mistake from i7's side.. :p
Make sure that your system is free of viruses.
which antivirus you using, as i am using Kaspersky Internet Security, and everytime i click an exe file, it also shows busy cursor, but i know that it's kaspersky scanning the exe for the first time.. :-D
Also i7 is mostly bottlenecked by the 5400 or 7200 rpm drives, which gives slower performance, if you want full performance benefits from i7, better get a SSD from market, and install it.. :mrgreen:
And for the network problem, what are you using? Wired net or wifi..
Me too sometimes gets a not-connected symbol when i am connected to the net (i am using wifi), i just restart pc and the symbol turns to connected.. It's just a windows bug.. :D

sam142000

Journeyman
there's no mistake from i7's side.. :p
Make sure that your system is free of viruses.
which antivirus you using, as i am using Kaspersky Internet Security, and everytime i click an exe file, it also shows busy cursor, but i know that it's kaspersky scanning the exe for the first time.. :-D
Also i7 is mostly bottlenecked by the 5400 or 7200 rpm drives, which gives slower performance, if you want full performance benefits from i7, better get a SSD from market, and install it.. :mrgreen:
And for the network problem, what are you using? Wired net or wifi..
Me too sometimes gets a not-connected symbol when i am connected to the net (i am using wifi), i just restart pc and the symbol turns to connected.. It's just a windows bug.. :D

I too was facing this WiFi problem, and just reinstalled the WiFi drivers from Dell site. Now the problem is gone :-o

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
I think most of the problems are being caused on the systems owned by normal pc users who have little knowledge of how to set up their system. Yeah you are gamers but still there are a lot of stuff that work under the hood of a laptop.
I installed a clean copy of windows the day i got my lappy and then although it took me around 5 hours to get the laptop exactly in the condition i want. All the programs and driver properly installed and everything is working great. Didn't even had a single crash/ BSOD. I'm playing Batman Arkham City and Crysis 2 most of the times.

I'll try to post a list of all the programs i use just to let everyone know that even after installing all this stuff my pc never hangs and it is working faster than in what condition it came(hate that bloatware loaded windows).

*img18.imageshack.us/img18/5550/51982313.jpg
*img10.imageshack.us/img10/9814/88181090.jpg
*img585.imageshack.us/img585/3494/71684818.jpg
*img444.imageshack.us/img444/5765/51867035.jpg
*img32.imageshack.us/img32/4211/30152558.jpg

There. That should give you an idea which dell drivers you should install after a clean install

ratul

█████████████████
well, today i got my copy of GTA IV, and benchmarked it, stayed @ 30+ fps most of the time..
*i.imgur.com/u3vm2.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Goz1F.jpg
*i.imgur.com/s4QkG.jpg
*i.imgur.com/xWUzt.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ik8Fx.jpg

Temps after about 1 hour of play in an non-ac room:
*i.imgur.com/XK2yN.jpg

wondering why it detects graphics as Intel HD 4000??

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
well, today i got my copy of GTA IV, and benchmarked it, stayed @ 30+ fps most of the time..
Pretty awesome!!!!
I just benchmarked this game on ultra settings I got 52 fps avg. on 1600*900p
but temps were on the higher side around 89C
BTW Anybody play this game Multiplayer:mrgreen::mrgreen:
My Live id is Coolpratyush97

ratul

█████████████████
Pretty awesome!!!!

wow, that's awesome... :mrgreen:
saw your post, and your's too detect intel 4000 on video adapter, think that nvidia's and amd's work as a backdoor only.. :p
did'nt try online till now.. :p
btw, u using 4x anisotropic, me using 16x.., i think i need to lower it down a bit for some gain in fps.. :p

pratyush997

Inactive
wow, that's awesome... :mrgreen:
saw your post, and your's too detect intel 4000 on video adapter, think that nvidia's and amd's work as a backdoor only.. :p
did'nt try online till now.. :p
btw, u using 4x anisotropic, me using 16x.., i think i need to lower it down a bit for some gain in fps.. :p
While playing I Reduce all Settings to mid-high from ultra..And try multiplayer........

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
guys,

windows exp index gives me only 5.2 for graphics and its using intel onboard graphics instead of AMD.. how to use AMD for test?

sam142000

Journeyman
Pretty awesome!!!!

I installed this game today only. How do I play it online and how do I add you??

pratyush997

Inactive
Install 1.7 patch and start the game....while the is loading hit home button then login w/ur live id-hotmail email address needs to be activated and should be linked w/ games for windows live
If there would be any update avail. Atm and restart the game and login w/ur id ...while in game hit up arrow and select multiplayer.......search youtube for more

arun_pms

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

Can u please tell me ..what is the avg GPU and CPU Temp when you play games on i7 for 2-3 hrs on lowest settings....it is the deal closer for me...

Thanks a lot in Advance

josin

In the zone
any body found the 4Gb ram for 15R Se. i am still searching for it, if anyone found found it pls tell me or post a link.

IMC International Marketing Co.

Contact Details:
Address :
39/4755 A,IMC Tower,Madhavan Nair Road,Ravipuram Junction,Ernakulam,,
City: Ernakulam Postal Code: 682 016
District: Ernakulam Country: India

Phone: 0484 2372656
IMC International Marketing Company
(mention the 11-11-11 CAS Latency)

aryan.838

Broken In
Re: Blue Screen on my new Dell Inspiron 15R SE

No he doesn't need to pay anything.

Thanks for the review link, apparently my guess was right.
I'll quote the notebookcheck.net
"The supposedly automatic switching between integrated graphics and AMD Radeon does unfortunately not work consistently".

hey thanx for telling me this...i called dell technical support...that guy connected to my pc over the internet and used re installed drivers and stuff that i already tried...still the prob was not solved so he said that he will have to contact some senior tech support team....and then he would call me again. Lets see what happens.

Top Bottom