Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Anurup

Broken In
Hey can any1 tell me how the Inspiron 15R special edition compares with the earlier XPS 15(2nd gen processor)...is the new Inspiron better than the earlier XPS...with almost similer config...i7, 8gb ram, 1tb hdd and 2gb graphics card.
will really appreciate if an XPS 15 and an inpiron 15r se user comments.... :)

Theodre

In the zone
Guys now i know why you all guys were going for the 15R SE!!! Yesterday i travelled 18 hours through train to my dads friends house in order to make sure that my purchase of the dell inspiron 14R SE Through online (55k one) was perfect in all ways. Reaching there i talked to the customer executive in order to make the booking through the EMI scheme using the ICICI bank credit card!:-x (which is suppose to be working and is supported according to the dells website :-x) But when i was about to make the order, they said only CITI bank credit card supports the 14R SE EMI sceme!!! (That sh*t heads say ICICI is supported if its 15R:-x). The other thing is that the backlit option is not available as optional in 14R SE:twisted: (which is also stated in the website:-x).... And as i prefer the EMI scheme now, i can't buy the 14R SE:-(...... When further asked these stupids says the backlit option is available in US not in INDIA:banghead:!!!!! Can i ask then why the f**k are they saying its available in the INDIAN site!!!!!! They should have removed the backlit option!!!!!!!! am totally pissed!!!!:-x Am not sure that i will find this kind off config in near future!!!:banghead: The 14R SE is here to say but the price will be increased by 3 aug or later (which is rumoured) Am tired of the travel and sad about the result!!!!! Hoping to find a good config around 60k!:-( AND ALSO FROM A COMPANY THAT DON'T PROVIDE FAKE INFORMATION:-x

PS: SORRY FOR ANY FOUL LANGUAGE, AND AM PISSED:-x:oops:

ratul

█████████████████

haha, if i were you, i wud have probably gone mad by now.. :p
well, seen that your case is quite strange, if you can, go for 15r se, can't comment for 14r se, but i own the 15r, and believe me it's awesome, the backlit is a boon for me.. :mrgreen:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@NikiNfOuR why dont you show him that it is available in dell india site with backlit keyboard option.

madmax012

Broken In
has anyone here got the 1080p inspiron 15R SE? if yes then please give feedback on the performance of radeon 7730 in gaming on 1080p screen.. or any info on whether it can handle current games in full HD?(high/medium)

I am confused whether to buy 1080p 15R SE or the 14R SE with nvidia gt 640m...price difference between them of about 1500 rs according to dell site..

link for 15R SE FHD
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

link for 14R SE

Theodre

In the zone
@NikiNfOuR why dont you show him that it is available in dell india site with backlit keyboard option.

I told everything.... Showed him, told him! The reason he is telling is it is not directly from dell :shock: And it is through a third party :-x So now i know they are not providing any correct info! Am still shocked about them going for a 3rd party through their on official website:-x:twisted: (only for 14R SE)
Rascals!! I just ordered a samsung laptop Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN :cool:

BTW also have a look at Samsung series 5 550p .see my signature!!

I already ordered the i5 version:razz: Thanks for the advise Anyways :D:wink:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I told everything.... Showed him, told him! The reason he is telling is it is not directly from dell :shock: And it is through a third party :-x So now i know they are not providing any correct info! Am still shocked about them going for a 3rd party through their on official website:-x:twisted: (only for 14R SE)
Rascals!! I just ordered a samsung laptop Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN :cool:

I already ordered the i5 version:razz: Thanks for the advise Anyways :D:wink:

I know man, dell really sux in this, congrats for this samsung model! It's hight recommended model by me. How much you are paying for this?

Theodre

In the zone
I know man, dell really sux in this, congrats for this samsung model! It's hight recommended model by me. How much you are paying for this?

Am buying through the online Samsung e-store:) It say 52990/- And am gonna pay the same! The price is inclusive of all taxes:-D And unlike the dell idi0ts, Samsung is not telling one thing and requesting another!! No accessories with this which i don't need anyways:cool:

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
has anyone here got the 1080p inspiron 15R SE? if yes then please give feedback on the performance of radeon 7730 in gaming on 1080p screen.. or any info on whether it can handle current games in full HD?(high/medium)

I am confused whether to buy 1080p 15R SE or the 14R SE with nvidia gt 640m...price difference between them of about 1500 rs according to dell site..

link for 15R SE FHD

link for 14R SE

Here's a review of the 1080p model: Review Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Am buying through the online Samsung e-store:) It say 52990/- And am gonna pay the same! The price is inclusive of all taxes:-D And unlike the dell idi0ts, Samsung is not telling one thing and requesting another!! No accessories with this which i don't need anyways:cool:

bro, buy it from flipkart its 1500 bucks cheaper but 1 year warranty.

raj_55555

Journeyman
Guys, I made an un-boxing video for a few friends of mine in UK as there wasn't any in English. Thought of uploading it on Youtube today, here's the link. Remember I had only one take, so please neglect any mistakes. :p

Anyways, completed MP3, arkham city and alan wake as of now. A lot of them are in the queue; Crysis 2, deus ex, AC2, MW3 etc :D.

dx1

Broken In
has anybody buyed a laptop through E sites like Flipkart?
same goes for Dell home delivery...

I wanted to know about the packaging, how it is , is it just the bubble wrap over laptop's original cartoon or some extra wooden packaging etc are also there.

Any pics for the poor guy.....:oops:

madmax012

Broken In
@xOvErClOcKeRx - thanks for the link.

it looks like the 1080p version of 15R SE wont be able to handle even some of the current games in native resolution with high settings...
Reading through this thread i think 15R SE (768p version) or 14R SE would be an ideal choice for gaming in native resolution.

Top Bottom