Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

SDP

Broken In
Thanks for posting man! So it's confirmed, the new drivers do affect the 3d mark06 tests. It could be because its 3dmark 06, and doesn't test some new features. Just a blind guess though.

You are welcome mate! Yeah you are right. And btw my system rating ie windows experience index for Graphics performance with aero is 5.5. I think its 6.6 for others. Can u please confirm yours?

sam142000

Journeyman
Got a fix for it.
1) Create a desktop shortcut for "PlayMaxPayne3"
2) Right click on it and click on properties
3) Under "Shortcut" tab in "target" add this "-dx11 -adapter 1" {without quotes}
4) Enjoy the game to the core with high settings with 2048 graphics!! :-D
Sorry, I'm not getting it. Where exactly in the target do I put that quoted text?

raj_55555

Journeyman
You are welcome mate! Yeah you are right. And btw my system rating ie windows experience index for Graphics performance with aero is 5.5. I think its 6.6 for others. Can u please confirm yours?
It shows as 5.1 :p..

By the way, we are having to force the game to run in dx11 mode to use the graphics card. That definitely means the auto switching is not working properly in these laptops, dell needs to look into this.

SDP

Broken In
It shows as 5.1 :p..

By the way, we are having to force the game to run in dx11 mode to use the graphics card. That definitely means the auto switching is not working properly in these laptops, dell needs to look into this.

Not an issue at all. The way I told to switch it, the same can be done for all the settings of mp3. For example the texture, AA everything can be changed at the Target. That doesn't mean those things are also forced.

sam142000

Journeyman
At the end. Its like this for me {"D:\Installed Games\Max Payne 3\PlayMaxPayne3.exe" -dx11 -adapter 1}

Had you purchased the game?
Because I didnt, and now after running PlayMaxPayne3.exe it downloaded some updates and now its asking for a activation code which I dont have. :oops:

SDP

Broken In
Because I didnt, and now after running PlayMaxPayne3.exe it downloaded some updates and now its asking for a activation code which I dont have. :oops:

Brother, you have to remember this forum forbids piracy. In your case you should have had your firewall against mp3. Because once you connect to internet, in the sense, you update it you cant play I guess. Am afraid you have to re install :-(

aryan.838

Broken In
Blue Screen on my new Dell Inspiron 15R SE

Hey guys I got my laptop a few days back and installed a few games on it.
first was COD Black ops...first few daysof playing it on max settings it was all.fine.on.high performance then all.of a.sudden it crashed one day giving a BSOD error 116...so i played rest of it on internal graphics...i reinstalled the os and drivers...and this time i installed crysis 2...i ran fine and as soon as the plying part started it crashed again.
I think something is wrong with the graphics card...i will try updating drivers once...guys what should i do in this condition??

raj_55555

Journeyman
Re: Blue Screen on my new Dell Inspiron 15R SE

Hey guys I got my laptop a few days back and installed a few games on it.
first was COD Black ops...first few daysof playing it on max settings it was all.fine.on.high performance then all.of a.sudden it crashed one day giving a BSOD error 116...so i played rest of it on internal graphics...i reinstalled the os and drivers...and this time i installed crysis 2...i ran fine and as soon as the plying part started it crashed again.
I think something is wrong with the graphics card...i will try updating drivers once...guys what should i do in this condition??
Call the dell guys already! You are the one who's paying for it man!

vipulgreattt

Broken In

Call the dell guys already! You are the one who's paying for it man!

Does that mean he has to pay for Graphic card if something is wrong in it?? Actually I dont know what is covered in Warranty and what kind of ASS we get from dell after purchase.:-?

Hey guys.. Did anyone see the review of Dell Inspiron SE on Notebookcheck?? nice review there.. I Hope it helps new buyers.

SDP

Broken In

Does that mean he has to pay for Graphic card if something is wrong in it?? Actually I dont know what is covered in Warranty and what kind of ASS we get from dell after purchase.:-?

Hey guys.. Did anyone see the review of Dell Inspiron SE on Notebookcheck?? nice review there.. I Hope it helps new buyers.

If his graphic card is proven to be faulty the motherboard will be replaced by the dell representative itself who will come to the given address within two to three working days of filing complaint report. The warranty covers it and no need to pay a single rupee!

raj_55555

Journeyman

No he doesn't need to pay anything.

Thanks for the review link, apparently my guess was right.
I'll quote the notebookcheck.net
"The supposedly automatic switching between integrated graphics and AMD Radeon does unfortunately not work consistently".

ratul

█████████████████

"The supposedly automatic switching between integrated graphics and AMD Radeon does unfortunately not work consistently".

well, yes as i said earlier, it's not a problem from dell, AMD's Enduro is not as mature as Nvidia's Optimus, so probably next few driver updates will make it better...

SDP

Broken In
Guys I read this earlier in this forum, that someone got the fps for battlefield 3 as 43 under the settings High. But what I got and according to 15r se benchmark, that fps is achieved only with Low settings. Can somebody please confirm what you are getting?

raj_55555

Journeyman

well, yes as i said earlier, it's not a problem from dell, AMD's Enduro is not as mature as Nvidia's Optimus, so probably next few driver updates will make it better...
yeah! I wasn't contradicting you. Exhibit B was in your favor only :p

chinmaya

Journeyman

i was told by the representative that if we add the game to the switchable graphics menu and change it to high performance, the particular app will with using graphic card. guys try it over. not yet tried.:oops:

raj_55555

Journeyman

i was told by the representative that if we add the game to the switchable graphics menu and change it to high performance, the particular app will with using graphic card. guys try it over. not yet tried.:oops:
Nopes! That doesn't work all the time. That is what the problem is, it should use the graphics card when set as high performance.

The graphics card kicks in only when the game runs at high settings, and the game blocks the high settings as it doesn't detect the graphics card :p. That's why starting the game using dx11 fixed the issue.

chinmaya

Journeyman

Nopes! That doesn't work all the time. That is what the problem is, it should use the graphics card when set as high performance.

The graphics card kicks in only when the game runs at high settings, and the game blocks the high settings as it doesn't detect the graphics card :p. That's why starting the game using dx11 fixed the issue.

how do i use dx 11? by adding -dx11 or something?

abhishekmaha

Broken In
Just use the ***** again...It should work...

This is what I am talking about...:|:|

Last edited:
Top Bottom