Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
Yes I will :p

BTW err..does EASEUS partition manager take a long time? :|
I resized the main 917 gb drive to 100gb to create an E drive of around 800gb. Total progress is stuck at 49% for some time now. current operation 99% and 100% updating system information.

it depends, normally it does'nt take much time, hardly 1-2 mins...

xAlias

Right off the assembly line
If you really want a clean windows install, get the ISO from Riverdigital and do an install. Use an application like ABR to backup your original OEM license and then restore it to the new windows installation using the same application which keeps your windows registered.

Takes some time and effort but worth it if you want a good clean windows with 0 bloatware and without all this recovery/partition nonsense.

And yes, first download the latest drivers from Dell and keep it before attempting this unless you have a backup machine to download it later as your wifi even may not work after windows installation.

ratul

█████████████████
If you really want a clean windows install, get the ISO from Riverdigital and do an install. Use an application like ABR to backup your original OEM license and then restore it to the new windows installation using the same application which keeps your windows registered.

Takes some time and effort but worth it if you want a good clean windows with 0 bloatware and without all this recovery/partition nonsense.

And yes, first download the latest drivers from Dell and keep it before attempting this unless you have a backup machine to download it later as your wifi even may not work after windows installation.

i second this if you want to format..
Iso can be downloaded from here..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Dude I almost got screwed :| Had to restart. That Easeus boot manager MBR gave an error,finally desktop came and only the 100 gb resized partition was showing in my computer. Thankfully disk management utility showed 817 gb of unallocated space and created the 817 gb drive. Heart attack moment man :|

Does this often happen with easeus partition manager? o_O

No I removed all the crapware so don't need to reinstall right now.
BTW I get a " kbdsync.exe has stopped working" everytime I startup the machine. any idea why?

ratul

█████████████████
Dude I almost got screwed :| Had to restart. That Easeus boot manager MBR gave an error,finally desktop came and only the 100 gb resized partition was showing in my computer. Thankfully disk management utility showed 817 gb of unallocated space and created the 817 gb drive. Heart attack moment man :|

Does this often happen with easeus partition manager? o_O

No I removed all the crapware so don't need to reinstall right now.
BTW I get a " kbdsync.exe has stopped working" everytime I startup the machine. any idea why?

i never had any issues with easeus, have used it many times on numerous laptops and pc's..
also most of the members here use it, and i don't think anyone had this error..
there might be something blocking it i think..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ I know. I have used easeus myself once on my desktop in a virtual machine. This is the first time I saw something like this o_O
And no its not blocked anywhere visible atleast. I checked.

ratul

█████████████████
^ I know. I have used easeus myself once on my desktop in a virtual machine. This is the first time I saw something like this o_O
And no its not blocked anywhere visible atleast. I checked.

well atleast the partition is fine and created.. :p

xAlias

And once you have a clean install done, remember to clone the HDD and save it as a backup which helps if you ever want to reinstall windows back to the initial setup. :)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay gonna try reinstalling the graphics drivers in the evening again. How do I uninstall intel hd4000 drivers? I mean which one is it?
Or can I simply install over it?

ratul

█████████████████
Okay gonna try reinstalling the graphics drivers in the evening again. How do I uninstall intel hd4000 drivers? I mean which one is it?
Or can I simply install over it?

if it's not showing in ADD/Remove programs, just install over previous one..

dan4u

Took Off!!!
hey does the Inspiron 17R turbo with i5 come with a 90W adapter and with i7 come with 130W adapter?? or does both have 90W??

himanshubias

Broken In
well i play this game :)P:oops:) and getting 30-35fps (on win8) and 35-40fps (on win7) on everything set to high..
for smoother gameplay, i play on medium and give 40-50fps, as fps drops in this game is a common issue, it's too not a good console port.. :-?
You can see my gameplay video too here:
Youtube NFS Most Wanted 2012 Gameplay by ratul.

well i am on A07 BIOS, as it was the one only compatible with UEFI enabled win8, can't revert back now i think.. :(
and yes, 7730m is really a great overclocker and GCN is rocking too, and AMD will definitely fix the drivers for WIN8 as DELL laptops are now shipped with pre-installed win8, so they won't make this large bunch of people suffer for long.. :)
can you plz tell me how to overclock the gpu or any software to use???

eremis

Hi guys, im new to this thread.
I was interested in buying the Inspiron 17R Turbo(3D display) from Dell india. But there are certains quieries i have..:

On the Dell.co.in website the configuration for 17R turbo is shown to be conflicting with the one the Dell exclusive store showed to me from CompuIndia website as u can observe from these 2 links :
Dell.co.in site :The Dell Online Store: Build Your System
Compuindia site : Inspiron 17R TURBO (7720) - Laptops & Ultrabooks

The person at Dell exclusive store said that i will have to book the 17r turbo from this compuindia site and it is not customizable. Same thing said by CSR on phone when i called the number on Dell.co.in site since she mentioned that 17" laptops are not manufactored in india but malaysia and thus customization is not possible .

1. My question is that is it possible to get the configuration that is given on Dell.co.in , specifically the laptop with 6MB cache upto 3.4 GHz instead of upto 2.9 GHz wiht 3 Mb cache ?
2. Both seem to be i7 3630 , how does the difference in "upto 3.4 GHZ and upto 2.9GHz" occur? Is it due to the increase in Cache size?
3. Is there a lot of difference between the above 2?
4. On Dell.co.in the 17R Turbo description tells us that the RAM 8GB will be 1600MHZ while on CompuIndia its mentioned as 1033.
I read in previous posts that people mentioned it is a type. Is it confirmed that its a typo?

5.How is the 3D viewing feature enabled during 3d compatible games and movies? Does it automatically enable itself when required? when not required is it to be disabled or something like that?

6. Has anyone ordered this product and got 1033Mhz instead of the 1600Mhz that they were expecting due to the "imagined" typo?

7. I havnt purchased many laptops nor have much knowledge about the difference 1033 Mhz RAM and 1600Mhz RAM will have but i hope it turns out to be 1600Mhz in the laptop since 1033 seems pretty outdated and low for such a high end and high cost laptop . However could anyone tell me if it is really a lot of differnence that is observed between the 2 RAMS? (I Use Laptop for Gaming and Graphics Applications Purpose)

8. Im quite new to the concept of "Overclocking" . Could anyone guide me about it ? Also in relevence to 17r turbo or laptop ? Is this feature automatic or has to be enabled? Is it safe to overclock usually or i have heard some rumor it can damage the system? How would i be able to detect if its working or not or is defective in my model?

9. Are there any known issues you guys have noticed with the 17R turbo yet which i should watch out for when buying it?

10. In general what all information should i make sure is correct when buying this or any laptop?

11. And how all should i test the laptop if its working upto the mark?

12.Has any of u felt the need to buy this one a cooling pad or fan yet? does it have good ventilation system? Any unneccesary overheating
that has been observed? I understand all laptop have overheating upto a certain degree...My experience with my last HP laptop with nvidia card has made me shudder ever since i hear the word "overheat" but still i would prefer to buy a laptop to a PC.

Really appreciate u guys helping this newbie out. :oops:
Thanks

vaibhav2

I placed an order for 15R Turbo. i7,FHD,WIN8. Status shows "In Transit" from last two days. But i didn't received any sms or mails from courier service providers?:|

Top Bottom