Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
well its the price.my budget was max 60.also i plan on gaming as priority.and i came to know that you won't notice the difference unless you are watching hd movier or something.
well liaisoning is still on with sales to reduce the price by decreasing the ram or something .
And diwali and no offers !!!!its insane
will visit dell showroom today
planning to order this week.

wow, so many users going for 17 R SE, cool.. :)
and 900p on 17R = 768p on 15R..
so that's not that bad in my opinion.. :p

santoshk87

Broken In
I am going to order dell 15r SE right now.What is the difference between (3 Years Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support) and (3Year In-Home Service with Premium Phone Support and 1Yr Accidental Damage Services) ?

I mean if I go for 3 Years Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support, will I get In-home service for 3 years ??

saaransh9

Journeyman
I am going to order dell 15r SE right now.What is the difference between (3 Years Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support) and (3Year In-Home Service with Premium Phone Support and 1Yr Accidental Damage Services) ?

I mean if I go for 3 Years Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support, will I get In-home service for 3 years ??

i had the same confusion so i read it carefully the cheaper one has 3 yr in home service and only one yr accidental cover n other one has 3yr in home service n 3 yr accidental cover

n guys it is now 4th day n my order is still stuck at manufacturing build complete.
what to do is it normal?

ratul

█████████████████

You get in-home for both the options dude..
Accidental cover means warranty on physical damage, i.e., your laptop breaks, or anywhere physically damaged, you can then also claim the warranty, so you'll be covered for physical damage for 3 yrs on 3 yrs accidental cover warranty...

sj2202

Broken In
wow, so many users going for 17 R SE, cool.. :)
and 900p on 17R = 768p on 15R..
so that's not that bad in my opinion.. :p

well its the price.my budget was max 60.also i plan on gaming as priority.and i came to know that you won't notice the difference unless you are watching hd movier or something.
well liaisoning is still on with sales to reduce the price by decreasing the ram or something .
And diwali and no offers !!!!its insane
will visit dell showroom today
planning to order this week.

Well I did not know that the 900p and 1080p screens were of the same quality!
Then I may go for the 900p version aswell. :-D (Price is an issue for me too....haven't told dad that the current price excludes VAT....will have to act innocent when the final payment is made... :wink: )
Please let me know if there is any way to reduce the price or if they are offering any diwali discount or something.
I am planning to order it within a week too.

saaransh9

Journeyman
there is not discount i got a 3% student discount n a wireless mouse

n guys it is now 4th day n my order is still stuck at manufacturing build complete.
what to do is it normal?

saaransh9

Journeyman
nothing u will just have to provide u your college i card.n he will reduce the amount in your quotation. n for the mouse u will have to bargain.:)

just tell him that u r a student

sj2202

Broken In
nothing u will just have to provide u your college i card.n he will reduce the amount in your quotation. n for the mouse u will have to bargain.:)

just tell him that u r a student
Oh...ok....thanks.. :)
But I am ordering it online...will I have to scan and send my college ID or what?.. :-?

saaransh9

Journeyman
Oh...ok....thanks.. :)
But I am ordering it online...will I have to scan and send my college ID or what?.. :-?

instead call them it is the same procedure u will get same payment options just that u can get better discounts n better peace of mind as u can solve all your doubts about anything be it delivery date,warranty etc

n yes u will have to scan it n send it to the sales manager's email n he will see the rest or u can even take a good pic of your i card n send him.

remember before paying that he reflects the discount in the quotation as payment is made according to the quotation given to u

sj2202

Broken In
instead call them it is the same procedure u will get same payment options just that u can get better discounts n better peace of mind as u can solve all your doubts about anything be it delivery date,warranty etc

n yes u will have to scan it n send it to the sales manager's email n he will see the rest or u can even take a good pic of your i card n send him.

remember before paying that he reflects the discount in the quotation as payment is made according to the quotation given to u

Thanks buddy for the help!!.. :)
Finally decided on something...I really hope dell doesn't increase the price or remove the FHD screen before I order.. :|

saaransh9

Journeyman
Thanks buddy for the help!!.. :)
Finally decided on something...I really hope dell doesn't increase the price or remove the FHD screen before I order.. :|
lol just order it asap i heard from my sales manager they r gonna increase the price n if u want freebies then dont try to persuade him u can get better deals with other companies if he doesn't agree say u will think n next day he will call u himself this has happened with me 3 times as i have bought 3 dell laptops in 3 yrs :p

n i think if u want win7 u can talk to him if he can he will get it arranged for u :)

tanvir37

Broken In
Which one should i go for
(the differences between the two have been highlighted)

Dell Inspiron 15R
Processor:-3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)
Operating System:- Windows 8 Single Language, English (64bit)
Display:- 15.6" HD WLED True-Life (1366x768) - ICC
Memory:- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
Hard Drive :-1.0TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Video Card:- AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M DDR3 1GB
Optical Drive:- 12.7" SATA Tray Load DVD+/-RW
Warranty:- 1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection with Premium Phone Support
Advertised System Weight:- 2.74kg
available@ Rs. 48990

Dell Inspiron 15R turbo
Processor :-3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor (3M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
Hard Drive:- 1.0TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Video Card:- AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M DDR3 2GB - ICC
Warranty:- 1 Year Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support
Advertised System Weight:- 2.76kg
available @Rs. 51490

ratul

█████████████████
Which one should i go for
(the differences between the two have been highlighted)

Dell Inspiron 15R
Processor:-3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)
Hard Drive :-1.0TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Video Card:- AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M DDR3 1GB
Warranty:- 1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection with Premium Phone Support
Advertised System Weight:- 2.74kg
available@ Rs. 48990

Dell Inspiron 15R turbo
Processor :-3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor (3M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
Hard Drive:- 1.0TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Video Card:- AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M DDR3 2GB - ICC
Warranty:- 1 Year Accidental Damage Services with Premium Phone Support
Advertised System Weight:- 2.76kg
available @Rs. 51490

state your requirements...
if you are a gamer, go for 15R Turbo, otherwise 15R..

ratul

█████████████████
guys it is now 4th day n my order is still stuck at manufacturing build complete.
what to do is it normal?

might be, but don't worry, you would receive a sms as soon as it ships and reaches to the courier service..

casual gaming alongwith some college work

was also considering the Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN, but it has heating issues

then go with 15R, i7 would serve you better than i5, casual gamers need not to worry about GPU..

eremis

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, im new to this thread.
I was interested in buying the Inspiron 17R Turbo(3D display) from Dell india. But there are certains quieries i have..:

On the Dell.co.in website the configuration for 17R turbo is shown to be conflicting with the one the Dell exclusive store showed to me from CompuIndia website as u can observe from these 2 links :
Dell.co.in site :The Dell Online Store: Build Your System
Compuindia site : Inspiron 17R TURBO (7720) - Laptops & Ultrabooks

The person at Dell exclusive store said that i will have to book the 17r turbo from this compuindia site and it is not customizable. Same thing said by CSR on phone when i called the number on Dell.co.in site since she mentioned that 17" laptops are not manufactored in india but malaysia and thus customization is not possible .

1. My question is that is it possible to get the configuration that is given on Dell.co.in , specifically the laptop with 6MB cache upto 3.4 GHz instead of upto 2.9 GHz wiht 3 Mb cache ?
2. Both seem to be i7 3630 , how does the difference in "upto 3.4 GHZ and upto 2.9GHz" occur? Is it due to the increase in Cache size?
3. Is there a lot of difference between the above 2?
4. On Dell.co.in the 17R Turbo description tells us that the RAM 8GB will be 1600MHZ while on CompuIndia its mentioned as 1033.
I read in previous posts that people mentioned it is a type. Is it confirmed that its a typo?

5.How is the 3D viewing feature enabled during 3d compatible games and movies? Does it automatically enable itself when required? when not required is it to be disabled or something like that?

6. Has anyone ordered this product and got 1033Mhz instead of the 1600Mhz that they were expecting due to the "imagined" typo?

7. I havnt purchased many laptops nor have much knowledge about the difference 1033 Mhz RAM and 1600Mhz RAM will have but i hope it turns out to be 1600Mhz in the laptop since 1033 seems pretty outdated and low for such a high end and high cost laptop . However could anyone tell me if it is really a lot of differnence that is observed between the 2 RAMS? (I Use Laptop for Gaming and Graphics Applications Purpose)

8. Im quite new to the concept of "Overclocking" . Could anyone guide me about it ? Also in relevence to 17r turbo or laptop ? Is this feature automatic or has to be enabled? Is it safe to overclock usually or i have heard some rumor it can damage the system? How would i be able to detect if its working or not or is defective in my model?

9. Are there any known issues you guys have noticed with the 17R turbo yet which i should watch out for when buying it?

10. In general what all information should i make sure is correct when buying this or any laptop?

11. And how all should i test the laptop if its working upto the mark?

12.Has any of u felt the need to buy this one a cooling pad or fan yet? does it have good ventilation system? Any unneccesary overheating
that has been observed? I understand all laptop have overheating upto a certain degree...My experience with my last HP laptop with nvidia card has made me shudder ever since i hear the word "overheat" but still i would prefer to buy a laptop to a PC.

Really appreciate u guys helping this newbie out. :oops:
Thanks

any help guys?

Top Bottom