Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

saaransh9

Journeyman
finally placed an order for 15R Turbo. i5,8GB,1TB,2GB,FHD for 62,645! as on today, status shows "Manufacturing built complete" from yesterday's "Work in progress". How many days is it likely to take now to ship to Ahmedabad? *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

I appreciate all the help! :)

i5 fhd for 62K extemely over priced

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Err..what do I do with the recovery partition? :| Can I just delete it? :\

That partition is not allowing me to make one more partition that I need to make :S

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
Err..what do I do with the recovery partition? :| Can I just delete it? :\

That partition is not allowing me to make one more partition that I need to make :S

it's always advised in AMD drivers to completely remove previous version before installing new one, as AMD drivers are known for their bugs that can come up due to some previous version remains..

And to make partition, use Easeus Partition Master, it's upto you to delete or keep the recovery partition, i deleted it the day i recieved my lappy.. :p

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
No what I am asking is that does the recovery partition ever come in use?? Is it safe to delete?

And what I meant was previous drivers are not here :p Just amd catalyst control centre is there. Not really drivers. Anyway,which driver recognizes the 7730m and works with it?

And yeah knew about easeus, was trying through disk management itself though. Trying easeus now.

xAlias

Right off the assembly line
Okay do I need to uninstall catalyst control centre before installing catalyst drivers 12.10/11??

BTW which one should I install?
My desktop is running the 12.6 but does that one recognize mobile GPU's?

Well, like Ratul mentioned above , its always advisable to remove the previous set. But, I just updated it over the old drivers and it worked fine for me. :)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay so I uninstalled the catalyst,used driver dweeper to remove amd display related stuff,reinstalled catalyst 12.10 but now the intel HD 4000 is not being shown in GPU-Z. its only showing standard vga adapter. nor is catalyst control centre coming up.
What the hell happened here? o_O

UPDATE:- Reinstalled the video drivers from he driver disc. things back to normal.

But now what do I do? :|
Which catalyst driver should I install?

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
finally placed an order for 15R Turbo. i5,8GB,1TB,2GB,FHD for 62,645! as on today, status shows "Manufacturing built complete" from yesterday's "Work in progress". How many days is it likely to take now to ship to Ahmedabad? *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

I appreciate all the help! :)

you should have received a sms from bluedart by now....from manufacturing built complete, it took them 3 days to deliver to me

ratul

█████████████████
Okay so I uninstalled the catalyst,used driver dweeper to remove amd display related stuff,reinstalled catalyst 12.10 but now the intel HD 4000 is not being shown in GPU-Z. its only showing standard vga adapter. nor is catalyst control centre coming up.
What the hell happened here? o_O

UPDATE:- Reinstalled the video drivers from he driver disc. things back to normal.

But now what do I do? :|
Which catalyst driver should I install?

Why were you installing 12.10 drivers, when 12.11 beta are available, the real performance boosting drivers..
BTW, You can install any catalyst driver you want, problem is that the remains from previous installations can screw up the current installation..
Happened to me once, where previous intel driver files were'nt properly removed, causing my AMD Driver to be recognized as just a VGA Adapter, and GPU-Z showing Open-CL error..
I never touch the DELL provided video drivers, instead first completely uninstall both Intel and AMD Drivers, then install these one by one.
Intel Drivers: *downloadmirror.intel.com/22083/a08/win64_15288.exe
AMD 12.11 beta: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta6_dotNET4.exe

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Well didn't install the intel drivers before installing 12.11.

You think that was the problem?
And for some reason gpu z isn't opening -_- will reinstall.

ratul

█████████████████
^ Well didn't install the intel drivers before installing 12.11.

You think that was the problem?
And for some reason gpu z isn't opening -_- will reinstall.

yes, that's the problem, intel drivers must be installed BEFORE AMD drivers, and this GPU-z not opening problem is due to the same reason, as i have also experienced it..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Ah I see.

And the battery is acting funny.
It was showing charge 99% a few hours ago and wear level 1%, then a few minutes ago it showed charge-67% wear level-1% and now its showing charge:- 40% wear level:-13%

Is this some glitch? o_O

Sorry if I seem like a noob -_- First laptop this one. Had a desktop for 6 years before this. Thanks for the help btw :)

dheemanth10

Broken In
Why were you installing 12.10 drivers, when 12.11 beta are available, the real performance boosting drivers..
BTW, You can install any catalyst driver you want, problem is that the remains from previous installations can screw up the current installation..
Happened to me once, where previous intel driver files were'nt properly removed, causing my AMD Driver to be recognized as just a VGA Adapter, and GPU-Z showing Open-CL error..
I never touch the DELL provided video drivers, instead first completely uninstall both Intel and AMD Drivers, then install these one by one.
Intel Drivers: *downloadmirror.intel.com/22083/a08/win64_15288.exe
AMD 12.11 beta: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta6_dotNET4.exe

are those drivers for windows 7 or 8 ??

ratul

█████████████████
Ah I see.

And the battery is acting funny.
It was showing charge 99% a few hours ago and wear level 1%, then a few minutes ago it showed charge-67% wear level-1% and now its showing charge:- 40% wear level:-13%

Is this some glitch? o_O

Sorry if I seem like a noob -_- First laptop this one. Had a desktop for 6 years before this. Thanks for the help btw :)

yes it's a glitch, dell's are using Sanyo batteries, known for their poorly programmed batteries, let battery drain till lappy hibernates, and then connect the charger and power on, wear level should be back again to normal..
And don't game on battery, as doing this always shows a high wear level..
Dell and HP have a long history of poor batteries.. :(

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Sighs :\ No I won't game on the battery.

Now it is showing 2 houurs and 40 mins remaining on 38% charge lol xDD

BTW you didn't tell me, can I safely delete the recovery partition? I mean is there ever any use for that??

ratul

█████████████████
^ Sighs :\ No I won't game on the battery.

Now it is showing 2 houurs and 40 mins remaining on 38% charge lol xDD

BTW you didn't tell me, can I safely delete the recovery partition? I mean is there ever any use for that??

well it depends on person to person, i had win7ultimate with me (now on Win8pro), so for me, recovery partition was of no use as it contains win7hp, and recovering using it would have brought me back to factory settings, with the crappy win7hp and all Dell bloatwares, if you too don't like the factory settings, and enjoy the pleasure in completely re-installing OS everytime anything goes wrong :p, then safely delete the partition..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
How come there is no option to delete the recovery partition in disk management? o_O It gives "Windows canot delete an active system partition in this disk."

BTW using Easeus partition manager can I create more than 4 drives?

ratul

█████████████████
How come there is no option to delete the recovery partition in disk management? o_O It gives "Windows canot delete an active system partition in this disk."

BTW using Easeus partition manager can I create more than 4 drives?

you can create as many drives as possible using the easeus partition manager (4 primary, others can be logical or extended), windows cannot delete the recovery partition, try it using easeus...
I deleted it while formatting using the windows disk, try that too if everything else fails.. :p

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Yes I will :p

BTW err..does EASEUS partition manager take a long time? :|
I resized the main 917 gb drive to 100gb to create an E drive of around 800gb. Total progress is stuck at 49% for some time now. current operation 99% and 100% updating system information.

Top Bottom