Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

har

In the zone
Does radeons go well with ubuntu or Mint ?
If not the 14r with nvidia would be better for programming purposes ?

BTW why isnt the 14r special available internationally ?

prakhar

Right off the assembly line
i had a chat with dell rep.
he said that in 14r spl edition costing ard. rs.61000 the gpu is nvidia 650m
not 640m the site is wrongly updated....

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Does radeons go well with ubuntu or Mint ?
If not the 14r with nvidia would be better for programming purposes ?

BTW why isnt the 14r special available internationally ?

Special editions is not available internationally, because del is planning to launch new XPS lineup within a month or so.

I just had a chat with a dell rep. he said that these laptops are here to stay.

p.s he also said that the gt640m will be better than the radeon 7730m. is it so?

Some dell representatives are saying HD 7730M is better than nvidia GT 640M.
BTW I don't believe these representatives, they don't know much.
It's better to judge yourself, wait for the benchmarks and review of HD 7730M.
Review will come on this page

Keep in mind bigger screen in laptops implies better, but less compact.

har

In the zone
It seems the palm rest area of the inspiron 15r special gets really hot after 3 hours of diablo 3 at max settings with CM notepal Infinite cooling pad.

ratul

█████████████████
i today visited dell showroom in nehru place and the guy told me that these are definitely "special editions" and soon new XPS will release, though he was'nt sure if these will be discontinued..
Also, he suggested me a configuration @ Rs. 63724-
I7 3rd gen 3.1ghz (turbo boosted), 4GB ram, 1TB HDD, AMD 7730 2gb, w7prem. , 2yr. full physical warranty (even on battery and liquid damage).
The main concern for me was that he told me there's no numpad in 15.6" versions also, which really bothers me..
And he said that dell are'nt going to launch FHD in these before next month, and there's no backlit keyboard.. :(

Will these be as 'reliable' as 6165tx??

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
See, 6165tx was ruler of its times. Now Ivy bridge processors are launched they are much less power consuming and better performer than old models.
If your main priority is gaming, full keyboard and reliablity get old 6165tx from saholic.com

If editing and full keyboard get 7010tx.

ratul

█████████████████
See, 6165tx was ruler of its times. Now Ivy bridge processors are launched they are much less power consuming and better performer than old models.
If your main priority is gaming, full keyboard and reliablity get old 6165tx from saholic.com

If editing and full keyboard get 7010tx.

yes, i saw that site, it's only availabe on 2-3 sites, rest show out of stock..
but, today a HP guy told me that you should not buy online, as this model is discontinued, and you can't be sure that saholic are selling you from the indian stock, or the imported one, he said that there'll be no warranty for the imported one, even the bill won't be valid...

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
yes, i saw that site, it's only availabe on 2-3 sites, rest show out of stock..
but, today a HP guy told me that you should not buy online, as this model is discontinued, and you can't be sure that saholic are selling you from the indian stock, or the imported one, he said that there'll be no warranty for the imported one, even the bill won't be valid...

6165tx is model for indian market and saholic.com is a very reliable website (by spice mobiles), they will provide you warranty and all. Call them and ask about the details.
hp guys wants to sale their product from their shops thats why they make stories.

ratul

█████████████████
6165tx is model for indian market and saholic.com is a very reliable website (by spice mobiles), they will provide you warranty and all. Call them and ask about the details.
hp guys wants to sale their product from their shops thats why they make stories.

yes, that's true, but now 6165tx is discontinued, and new dell is no less than that in configuration..
I'm just worried about the reliability, which 6165tx showed to the users, is inspiron really that durable???
Will i be able to game 8-9hrs. on this, as 6165tx users have...

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
yes, that's true, but now 6165tx is discontinued, and new dell is no less than that in configuration..
I'm just worried about the reliability, which 6165tx showed to the users, is inspiron really that durable???
Will i be able to game 8-9hrs. on this, as 6165tx users have...

You should better ask inspiron owner.
One owner said above:
It seems the palm rest area of the inspiron 15r special gets really hot after 3 hours of diablo 3 at max settings with CM notepal Infinite cooling pad.

My friends who bought Dell XPS 15 suffered a lot, one's HDD got crashed, one get a flipping issue with its screen, eventually fan gets stopped running etc.

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
You should better ask inspiron owner.
One said above:

My friends who bought Dell XPS 15 suffered a lot, one's HDD got crashed, one get a flipping issue with its screen, eventually fan gets stopped running etc.

ouch :blackeye: , that's not really a good news... :sealed:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I sometimes play for 8-10 hours games and keep on my laptop for 7-10 days non-stop. :mrgreen:
No problem faced from 7 months yet, only the battery get little old getting 2hrs 30min.

ratul

█████████████████
I sometimes play for 8-10 hours games and keep on my laptop for 7-10 days non-stop. :mrgreen:
No problem faced from 7 months yet, only the battery get little old getting 2hrs 30min.

yeah, u have the lucky 6165tx, let's wait for more reviews for this model, hope it soon gets FHD support, as my exams are over now, need it asap.. :wink:

arani

whiz kid
for those who r still interested in 6165tx, it is once again available at flipkart.com

Hp dv6-6165tx

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
for those who r still interested in 6165tx, it is once again available at flipkart.com

Hp dv6-6165tx

Don't do advt. of flipkart, they are bloody lairs. I first purchased 6165tx for 54k from them. I provide them my money and address and all but they didn't send even after 10 days. They refunded my money for no reason.
Saholic.com is much reliable and providing for less.

Top Bottom