Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

girishpaiv

Journeyman
I would have bought it already, only if it had a 1080p screen!!! :cry:

So its better to buy this lap soon for a budget of near 60k?:-?

arani

whiz kid
is there really a possibility of the inspiron SE laptops being discontinued just after a month or so from being launched??? :O

har

In the zone
Thats what I am afraid of !! If yes I will buy it this week. Cant let such an awesome lappy pass :mrgreen: Though the local shops swear by vaio and said dell will fall apart in 1 year :shock:

har

In the zone
Still it says special edition.
It also has skullcandy speakers. Thats awesome !!

arani

whiz kid
yeah the specs r 2 good 2 be true..i also plan 2 buy it but it won't be so before a month as my exams r goin on...dats y i am so worried if they discontinue these laptops..fingers crossed!

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
but what's the use of launching a laptop for just a month???? isnt that crazy??? :O

Putting ivy bridge is require of market, see hp started selling laptop with new core-i7 310QM 2.3Ghz 2-3 months ago and there should be any model to compete that segment.
If this is permanent model so why they are selling in their own USA?? US market still selling old dell models with second gen processors, only 3rd gen comes with alienwares.
New XPS with 3rd gen processors will come in US till july and in india may be august/september, in between they will provide inspiron special editions.

Last edited:

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Had there been some dell guy / rep here in this forum ..we cld hav got some clues n help!!! :oops:

so safe till Aug/Sep ?:|:razz:

arani

whiz kid
i pray so..will chat with a dell rep tomorrow..dunno whether they r gna reveal it or not..

chinmaya

Journeyman
I too am looking forward for xps or atleast 15R SE with backlit keyboard and full hd display. please keep us updated. it is not available in stores, only online. did any one find any reviews on 15R SE?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I too am looking forward for xps or atleast 15R SE with backlit keyboard and full hd display. please keep us updated. it is not available in stores, only online. did any one find any reviews on 15R SE?

I would like to inform you that these 15R SE are coming from 1 month in singapore, they started selling 15R SE first. There is no option of 1080p screen there till yet but it can be able to customise for backlit keyboard for $20.50 SGD i.e. eual to 882.90 INR

arani

whiz kid
@rider

do u really think Dell may discontinue these laptops so early (as in next month or so)??

arani

whiz kid
I just had a chat with a dell rep. he said that these laptops are here to stay.

p.s he also said that the gt640m will be better than the radeon 7730m. is it so?

Last edited:

ParaXite

Power User
Haha the Special edition will only last a month, so not as many people will buy that! So I will still have the king of laptops in this price range for a long time! Muhahahahhaha :twisted:

Top Bottom