Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

arani

whiz kid
i am 21..why do u ask?

p.s i meant once the laptop r available in the stores, will the store price be lesser than the online price?

and how old r u? ;)

This Will Be The Seond Best Thread Here After The Dv6 series one..
:D
Well, i like the 15r version more bcoz the screen is more the gpu..Kinda its obviously more good than the 14r u see.
I dont see 14r winning it in any way..

ratul

█████████████████
if i buy 15r now, and later the fhd becomes available, will i be able to upgrade the screen @ that time???
and does this model has something for cooling, like "HP CoolSense" in 6165tx..?

ratul

█████████████████
Nope - But Ivy Bridge helps it to remain cool - and you won't be able to upgrade to FHD.

oh.. :blank:
i am just waiting for the fhd, but need it soon, was just worried that though IB are colder, will they be able to maintain 75-85C temps while gaming for 4-5hrs..

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Nope - But Ivy Bridge helps it to remain cool - and you won't be able to upgrade to FHD.

3612QM consumes less power than 2670QM but it doesn't mean it will remain cool all the time. There is HD 7730M which produces heat too.
My laptop 6165tx get maximum 85*C in intense gaming.

if i buy 15r now, and later the fhd becomes available, will i be able to upgrade the screen @ that time???
and does this model has something for cooling, like "HP CoolSense" in 6165tx..?

No you can upgrade to full HD after buying, I don't think dell will offer full HD in inspiron. Full HD is not even available in singapore where special editions launched first.

ratul

█████████████████
3612QM consumes less power than 2670QM but it doesn't mean it will remain cool all the time. There is HD 7730M which produces heat too.
My laptop 6165tx get maximum 85*C in intense gaming.

No you can upgrade to full HD after buying, I don't think dell will offer full HD in inspiron. Full HD is not even available in singapore where special editions launched first.

But the site says that they are going to offer 1080p in inspiron 15r SE..

And in Singapore, UK and every other country 1080p is availabe in inspiron 15r SE-

Singapore

Australia

Malaysia

UK

Belgium

just see the display column, everyone says 1080p.. :-?

Last edited:
OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
oh! sorry i checked the non-special editions.

I checked in singapore website they are providing all 15.6" special editions with 1080p not a single model has 720p screen.

ratul

█████████████████
oh! sorry i checked the non-special editions.

I checked in singapore website they are providing all 15.6" special editions with 1080p not a single model has 720p screen.

so now, any idea when could dell launch this here??? :cool:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
these SE singpore models don't even have core-i5 options they all look like XPS 15 replacement.
I don't know full hd versions would be come in india. Ask dell india about that.

ratul

█████████████████
these SE singpore models don't even have core-i5 options they all look like XPS 15 replacement.
I don't know full hd versions would be come in india. Ask dell india about that.

As i said before, i visited dell showroom, and the guy had no idea about it, just said maybe at the end of the month...
All help can now be expected from customer support, which won't be available till monday.. :p

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
As i said before, i visited dell showroom, and the guy had no idea about it, just said maybe at the end of the month...
All help can now be expected from customer support, which won't be available till monday.. :p

Wait for it!

coolnikhil

Broken In
Hey guyz...
how is inspiron 14R.?
i am planning to get it for my dad for his busy acc. software and will use it for a lil bit of gaming.?
and is it gonna available in any stores like croma or nehru place or only online dell store.?

sisley

Broken In
You should better ask inspiron owner.
One owner said above:

My friends who bought Dell XPS 15 suffered a lot, one's HDD got crashed, one get a flipping issue with its screen, eventually fan gets stopped running etc.

rider i completely agree with u regarding xps problems

let me share my story with u.....i went to dell exclusive store in gurgaon and ordered XPS L502X base model on 25th may(friday) and got my EDD as 14th june.......then on 28th may(monday) i got call from senior sales dell executive saying that ur order is gonna be cancelled as their factory near chennai is not manufacturing XPS laptops due to unavailability of some end-of-life parts of XPS laptop........To my question of why these parts r not available she said that due to above mentioned problems like HDD crash, fan noise etc. they r switching to INSPIRON special editions with 3rd generation processors having less noise and heat........so my order got cancelled very late on 4th june(friday).....now i have ordered V540451IN8 model of Inspiron 15R Special Edition 7520 yesterday.However the problems were

For 15r
there is no Full HD screen and 750GB (7200 RPM) HDD

For 17r
no i7 yet

Asked sales manager abt these upgrades...Thr is only 1366x768 screen and 1 tb 5400 hd.....but i couldnt compromise on i7 processor so i went ahead with 15r not 17r

Anyway hoping for fast delivery as he said that i will get this laptop in only 7 working days(next week) as i have ordered from dell retail store not online.........this is my first purchase from dell so i dont know abt delivery time....may be some of u guys here can tell?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Hey guyz...
how is inspiron 14R.?
i am planning to get it for my dad for his busy acc. software and will use it for a lil bit of gaming.?
and is it gonna available in any stores like croma or nehru place or only online dell store.?

the new inspiron special edition laptops is very nice for gaming point of view.
Its better to buy it online from dell india website, store generally sell little more expensive but give you some accessories as gift.

arani

whiz kid
^^
@coolnikhil

the new inspiron series (both special and non-special editions) are only available online as of now, as they are very new models. they may be available in stores after a month or so(according to dell rep)

the 14R is a very good choice if u r into light gaming. it comes with 3rd gen ci5 processors so performance will be top notch. if ur budget is 45k or below, grab it!

however if u r into medium-heavy gaming, go for the inspiron special edition which will cost 6-6.5k more

Last edited:
Top Bottom