Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Sheesh I never told that nvidia is costlier. It was a QUESTION!!

I asked if there is any trend of nvidia cards being more expensive !! Thats all. No problem with mentality OK :p

BTW Apple may even sell old P3 at 2 lakh and get away with it. No need to quote Apple for everything :wink:

Apple with old P3, are you kidding they always update processors and features of latest and best. :shock:
MBP is updated that it has intel thunderbolt port, 7 hours promised battery, multi gestures touchpad and many more that others don't have. There is a word known as QUALITY and SIMPLICITY, they maintain in every product, u can't blame the price they take, they create innovations. Whatever they make other brands copy whether its dell, vaio or hp. You wont get I'm saying unless you use a macbook, you would still feel it is overpriced and crap. :lol:

Last edited:

Theodre

In the zone
Why does Dell charge 7000 rs for extended 2 year warranty while sony charges only 2500 rs ??
Or am I missing something ??

Then it should be that good in service :lol: Or maybe that includes accidental hardware falling repair or something :-?

har

In the zone
Apple with old P3, are you kidding they always update processors and features of latest and best. :shock:
MBP is updated that it has intel thunderbolt port, 7 hours promised battery, multi gestures touchpad and many more that others don't have. There is a word known as QUALITY and SIMPLICITY, they maintain in every product, u can't blame the price they take, they create innovations. Whatever they make other brands copy whether its dell, vaio or hp. You wont get I'm saying unless you use a macbook, you would still feel it is overpriced and crap. :lol:

LOL !! I was a mac user for a whole year when my uncle gave it to me when he went abroad.
thunderbolt--useless,no devices out yet.
battery-agreed,it was aswsome :mrgreen:
touchpad--again agreed,superb !!
1 lakh premium-WTF :p
I said that they can even sell old hardware at 2500$ because of well....fanboys from US

And quality-well ASUS has less reliability issues than apple :-D

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
LOL !! I was a mac user for a whole year when my uncle gave it to me when he went abroad.
thunderbolt--useless,no devices out yet.
battery-agreed,it was aswsome :mrgreen:
touchpad--again agreed,superb !!
1 lakh premium-WTF :p
I said that they can even sell old hardware at 2500$ because of well....fanboys from US

And quality-well ASUS has less reliability issues than apple :-D

LOL, Asus laptop selling would be 10 times less than companies dell, apple, hp. They caught putting pirated softwares in their laptops in 2008.
And yea! Americans love apple computers and for them $2200 is like 40-50k for us.
No, they cant sell old hardware for 2500$. It's an impractical statement.
1 lac price in india is deserved for macbook pro 15 coz you wont get mac OSX and such a great screen, editing softwares, total virus free, superb battery life in other brands like them in that specs. They earn all what they do and other follows what they do. :mrgreen:

har

In the zone
LOL, Asus laptop selling would be 10 times less than companies dell, apple, hp. They caught putting pirated softwares in their laptops in 2008.
And yea! Americans love apple computers and for them $2200 is like 40-50k for us.
1 lac price in india is deserved for macbook pro 15 coz you wont get mac OSX and such a great screen, editing softwares, total virus free, superb battery life in other brands like them in that specs. They earn all what they do and other follows what they do. :mrgreen:

OK I give up :-D

BTW OSX is not all that great !! I say Windows 8 blows its socks off !! Even Windows 7 was good enough.

ratul

█████████████████

Totally virus free??? :shock: these days macs are most virus prone, a flash virus has invaded millions of macs and as they have no experience in security, macs are new target for virus developers now, even they did'nt allowed popular anti-virus company Kaspersky to look into the problem.
Google it, many IT experts say that MAC is almost a decade behind windows in terms of security.
No war here, but it's not safe to use mac now.. :p

har

In the zone
Guys wont the upcoming acer aspire timeline m5 ultra be a better bet ??
Acer ships Aspire M5 Ultrabook to UK in June, Ivy Bridge and Kepler chips in tow -- Engadget
Has gt640m+SSD option :mrgreen:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Guys wont the upcoming acer aspire timeline m5 ultra be a better bet ??
Acer ships Aspire M5 Ultrabook to UK in June, Ivy Bridge and Kepler chips in tow -- Engadget
Has gt640m+SSD option :mrgreen:

LOL, 640M in a ultrabook :shock:
How would be the gaming performance god knows, processors are not build to be as good as mainstream.

Totally virus free??? :shock: these days macs are most virus prone, a flash virus has invaded millions of macs and as they have no experience in security, macs are new target for virus developers now, even they did'nt allowed popular anti-virus company Kaspersky to look into the problem.
Google it, many IT experts say that MAC is almost a decade behind windows in terms of security.
No war here, but it's not safe to use mac now.. :p

There is just an attempt of virus, but it doesn't mean it will break the trust of years. Macs are built differently not like windows, they are of totally different plateform. Viruses are all we know from windows, thats why they are better in antivirus security. No, they are taking help from kaskersky for that. LINK

BTW I use kaspersky internet security, good to see apple like company taking help from them. This implies kaspersky is the best.

manan23

Right off the assembly line
I am looking for a mid priced laptop ( 50-55k ) with good performance,good battery backup and lightweight. I am not too much into heavy games .. any suggestions pls.

har

In the zone
@rider--How good you ask ??
This article will answer your question.
Acer Aspire Timeline U M3 review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Laptops and netbooks
This is the M3 running on sandy bridge. The ivy bridge has already been announced.

from the article:
"As the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding and the eating - or in this case the proof is in the graphically intensive Battlefield 3 and the virtual murder of other gamers. The Acer M3 can run BF3 on Ultra settings, with GPU-stressing extras like anti-aliasing, and run like a dream. It's the smart combo of low native resolution and the Nvidia GPU that make this possible."

Ultrabook thickness+battery+ssd+gt640 gaming
Perfect notebook I say.

I am going to wait for the M5 ultrabook with ivybridge+gt640m+20mmthickmess+full aluminium body+ssd+backlit keyboard+Awesome battery(its a timeline)
Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M5 hands-on (video) -- Engadget

har

In the zone
Aspire M3-581TG - Intel Core i3 2367MB, Screen 15.6 ", NVIDIA GeForce GT640M 1GB, 4GB memory, 500GB HDD 20 GB SSD, Windows 7 Home Premium, the price of 52559/- INR

Yeah the cost is high :cry: The above is the M3 cost (sandy bridge)

sisley

Broken In
hurrray.....status changed to Manufacturing Build Complete today morning.....expecting shipment from factory in the evening......lets see how much time will it take dell india to deliver from its factory......hoping for no customs related delays

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Launch price may be around 57k. It has a ssd so I guess cost is justified.

But the point is how is the performance of Intel Core i3 2367M (dual core 1.4Ghz)?
Because gaming is also depended on what processor you are using. These core-i3 ultrabooks are designed for general use, I never saw anyone playing games like BF3 on a ultrabook. The processors and bulid differently, for different purpose not gaming.

BTW minimum requirement of BF3 is 2GHz dual core and this one is with 1.4 Ghz dual core (no turbo mode). :|

Last edited:
OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@rider

yeah these ultrabooks don't have much processor speed..i wonder why?

Because they are ultrabooks not mainstream laptops like inpriron 15r.
Ultrabooks are meant to be light weight and slim for general work.

har

In the zone
It has i5 and i7 versions which has turbo boost and easily goes up to 2.5Ghz

The link I gave above shows gaming performance on a i7 ULV and it was capable of doing battlefield 3 at ultra settings. What more evidence do you need ? IT CAN PLAY GAMES :-D (and very well in fact)

@rider-check it out
Acer Aspire Timeline U M3 review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Laptops and netbooks

Top Bottom