Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@sisley has already ordered a 15R SE..we should wait for his feedback..:)

Good to listen sisley order 15R SE. Lets wait a watch :mrgreen:
Tell him to do review of this laptop with posting pictures of laptop and screenshots of benchmarks and all. If he does he will get respect in this forum.

har

In the zone
@sisley-we are waiting :-D

Here is the forum I was talking abt
*forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1911466
lots of owners there.

3Dmark11 score of 15r se:1695
Generic VGA video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor,Dell Inc. 0PXH02 score: P1695 3DMarks

gt640m scores slightly better at 1731

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@sisley-we are waiting :-D

Here is the forum I was talking abt
*forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1911466
lots of owners there.

3Dmark11 score of 15r se:1695
Generic VGA video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor,Dell Inc. 0PXH02 score: P1695 3DMarks

gt640m scores slightly better at 1731

37 more score, almost negligible! almost a tie in benchmark performance, let see who gets better fps in gaming?

:rofl: why is the name of forum is whirlpool? Is there any link of washing machine here?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
do the dell exclusive stores sell laptops at the same price as given in the website?

No, generally they sell expensive and chances of getting cheap battery and all.
Buying from dell website is much secured and better.

arani

whiz kid
yeah the only problem is that dell doesn't deliver 2 west bengal..u hav 2 get some sales tax clearance 4m the govt and send it to dell b4 they are allowed 2 ship the product..bloody government!!! :mad:

sisley

Broken In
Good to listen sisley order 15R SE. Lets wait a watch :mrgreen:
Tell him to do review of this laptop with posting pictures of laptop and screenshots of benchmarks and all. If he does he will get respect in this forum.

guys just call from sales executive from dell......said ur order is gettting manufactured in factory:lol:....will take 2 days(today and tommorrow).....asked abt delivery date.....said going to be Monday or tuesday(was hoping for this friday)...anyway lets wait

Anyway i have ordered 15R purely for gaming purpose (not for FHD,noise,heat etc) otherwise i would gone for Mac Air. Anyway below is mains specs of my order:

Bundle V540451IN8-Inspiron 15R Special Edition (7520)
Base Inspiron 15R (7520) BTX Base
Memory 8GB 2 DIMM (4GB x2) DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M DDR3 2GB - ICC
Hard Drive 1.0TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Operating System Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
Keyboard Dell™ Chiclet Keyboard with Multi-touch Touchpad (India)
Processor 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM Processor (6MB
cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
Display 15.6" HD WLED True-Life (1366x768) - ICC

and got following free accessories:
1.Dell WM112 Wireless Notebook Mouse
2.Targus Curve 16" Backpack

i don't think we would feel any difference while gaming..both the cards are expected to deliver almost equally..

Thats my man.. :cool:

Hello? Notebookcheck clearly positions 7730 same as 640M and benchmarks don't tell the real story. Real world tests are the one which matter.

Thats 100% ryte..

1366*768 in a 15.6" is crap :lol:
Its better on 14.1"

And you get better graphics card+2.36 kg is pretty light.
I definitely recommend 14" for college as in my case !!

No, 15.6 inch with 768p is not a crap..

Notebookscheck hasnt benchmarked the 7730m.
If you look at the ranking, gt640m stands at the top of midtier card with 7730m at second place. Hence gt640m>7730m
The difference is negligible for sure !!
But gt640m scores 1000 more than 7730m in 3DMARK06.
And I prefer nvidia to ATI any day.

No, most middle quality nvidias are dd3, and gddr5 makes a huge difference.. so, i will prefer the new ati 7730 any frikking time..

har

In the zone
Any idea why the 14 se is priced higher than the 15r se ??
Are nvidia cards costlier ??

guys will i5-3210M be enough to handle games like skyrim nd gta 4? will it bottleneck the gpu? or should i go for i7-3612QM? is 6k worth it? i plan to do gaming and programming only on the laptop.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Any idea why the 14 se is priced higher than the 15r se ??
Are nvidia cards costlier ??

LOL, there is nothing like nvidia comes costlier and radeon comes cheaper. Your mentality among radeon graphics are bad, they even comes with apple macbook pro 15 of 1.3lac.
Dell always price laptop like this, remember last year XPS 14 was expensive but less performer than XPS 15. :lol:

guys just call from sales executive from dell......said ur order is gettting manufactured in factory:lol:....will take 2 days(today and tommorrow).....asked abt delivery date.....said going to be Monday or tuesday(was hoping for this friday)...anyway lets wait

Anyway i have ordered 15R purely for gaming purpose (not for FHD,noise,heat etc) otherwise i would gone for Mac Air. Anyway below is mains specs of my order:

cache, up to 3.1 GHz)

If you want to gain respect as the first owner in this forum, upload pictures after purchasing.
Also screenshots of benchmarks and all.

arani

whiz kid

cache, up to 3.1 GHz)

u could have bought the 55.9k variant with 4GB RAM and added another 4GB RAM separately(they cost around 1250)..the specs would then remain the same but would have cost you some 1700-1800 bucks less..:lol:

guys will i5-3210M be enough to handle games like skyrim nd gta 4? will it bottleneck the gpu? or should i go for i7-3612QM? is 6k worth it? i plan to do gaming and programming only on the laptop.

according to my friend @rider,
"both are good processor and it doesn't affect much in gaming though. Purchasing core-i7 will be future proof for 3-4 years."

Here is the post

Well, as far as i have played games, On my frnds macbook with 6490m with i7 2.2ghz
And mine i5 2.4ghz (Both 2nd gen, 4gb ram) ..
I see a bit of difference, when playing max payne 3 and Bf3, mine actually, stucks while playing, u see that TUCK/Tick happening while playing gfames..
We both have same gpu but, on his i7 i see a bit better performance in MP3 and Bf3.

har

In the zone
LOL, there is nothing like nvidia comes costlier and radeon comes cheaper. Your mentality among radeon graphics are bad, they even comes with apple macbook pro 15 of 1.3lac.
Dell always price laptop like this, remember last year XPS 14 was expensive but less performer than XPS 15. :lol:

Sheesh I never told that nvidia is costlier. It was a QUESTION!!

I asked if there is any trend of nvidia cards being more expensive !! Thats all. No problem with mentality OK :p

BTW Apple may even sell old P3 at 2 lakh and get away with it. No need to quote Apple for everything :wink:

Theodre

In the zone
I too just chatted with a dell executive! :) They say the offer on 14R and 15R will be there for some time. But not confirming on whether the offer will be dragged to august or not!! :-x

har

In the zone
Why does Dell charge 7000 rs for extended 2 year warranty while sony charges only 2500 rs ??
Or am I missing something ??

Top Bottom