Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

@rider

yeah these ultrabooks don't have much processor speed..i wonder why?

Ultrabooks are meant t be lightweight, so that they can be carried easily, n dont take much space, .
So, most of them are 13.3inch only, and slim too.
So, setting up a high performance processor, would take their advantages .,..

Guys, dont u think, M5 will have some overheating issues?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
It has i5 and i7 versions which has turbo boost and easily goes up to 2.5Ghz

The link I gave above shows gaming performance on a i7 ULV and it was capable of doing battlefield 3 at ultra settings. What more evidence do you need ? IT CAN PLAY GAMES :-D (and very well in fact)

@rider-check it out
Acer Aspire Timeline U M3 review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Laptops and netbooks

So, why you keep confusing me bro, you are mentioning to purchase Acer Aspire M3 with core-i3 1.4Ghz dual core,so why you giving me link of M3 with core-i7. If any model comes with ivy bridge core-i7 it would be approx 72k like sandy bridge i7 model right now. check point 5
Aspire M3-581TG - Intel Core i3 2367MB, Screen 15.6 ", NVIDIA GeForce GT640M 1GB, 4GB memory, 500GB HDD 20 GB SSD, Windows 7 Home Premium, the price of 52559/- INR Yeah the cost is high The above is the M3 cost (sandy bridge)
That model is waste of money, its like putting some gold paint (graphics) in a tata nano (processor).
This core-i3 model can never play games like max payne 3, battlefield 3, I guarantee. Go and check the minimum requirement of max payne 3 need at least 2.4Ghz dual core processor. You cant even run max payne 3 in core-i5 2467M of ultrabook it can maximum turbo boost to 2.3 GHz (not 2.5Ghz that you mentioned).
First decide what is need, your budget and discuss here. This page is for inspiron not to advertise laptops of brands like acer.

Last edited:

Theodre

In the zone
hurrray.....status changed to Manufacturing Build Complete today morning.....expecting shipment from factory in the evening......lets see how much time will it take dell india to deliver from its factory......hoping for no customs related delays

Waiting for your review my friend! :) Hope it hits your door step soon ;)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
hurrray.....status changed to Manufacturing Build Complete today morning.....expecting shipment from factory in the evening......lets see how much time will it take dell india to deliver from its factory......hoping for no customs related delays

Countdowns starts now :mrgreen:

sisley

Broken In
guys till i get my laptop and post my pics, u can enjoy some cool pics of 15R SE at the following link:
Dell Inspiron 15R and 17R Special Edition Sport Skullcandy Speakers

har

In the zone
@rider-Oh I was gonna buy the i5 or i7 version only at 57k. The i3 was shown just tindicate starting price of range. I agree the i3 model is useless.

Anyway its a inspiron thread so not gonna post about anything else here.

@sisley--The painfull wait :cry: But it will sure be worth it :-D

girishpaiv

Journeyman
@Sisley
Tnks..
we r eagerly waiting especially for the "not yet benchmarked anywhere" HD 7730M DDR3...:twisted:
Hop u got all the games like BF3 ,Skyrim, Crysis 2 , MW3 etc :razz: and Fraps ready for test :mrgreen:

Aahh waiting for the battle :640M vs 7730M ...who will win ??:wink:

sisley

Broken In
just got call from dell and got tracking number.......laptop gonna get delivered may be today but 100% tommorrow:-D.......superfast delivery within 1 week

@Sisley
Tnks..
we r eagerly waiting especially for the "not yet benchmarked anywhere" HD 7730M DDR3...:twisted:
Hop u got all the games like BF3 ,Skyrim, Crysis 2 , MW3 etc :razz: and Fraps ready for test :mrgreen:

Aahh waiting for the battle :640M vs 7730M ...who will win ??:wink:

games which i m gonna play and test first r gonna be MW3,Maxpayne 3 and BF3.....has just added them for downloading:wink:......as i have to customise windows 7 with my programming tools and other softwares, so it may take a while for me to give proper review and gaming performance benchmarks.....anyway i will try to do it by latest by Sunday or Monday

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
guys till i get my laptop and post my pics, u can enjoy some cool pics of 15R SE at the following link:
Dell Inspiron 15R and 17R Special Edition Sport Skullcandy Speakers

Oh god I'm no joking but this looks identical to my 6165tx except this one is not full keyboard, but the touchpad, exteriors, softe edge metallic look and screen shape, fan style, hinge system is totally identical on papers the body is heavier and thicker than dv6. :shock: But in the end and who cares it has newer hence better configuration. :razz:

just got call from dell and got tracking number.......laptop gonna get delivered may be today but 100% tommorrow:-D.......superfast delivery within 1 week

games which i m gonna play and test first r gonna be MW3,Maxpayne 3 and BF3.....has just added them for downloading:wink:......as i have to customise windows 7 with my programming tools and other softwares, so it may take a while for me to give proper review and gaming performance benchmarks.....anyway i will try to do it by latest by Sunday or Monday

Man, please don't discuss here about downloading copyright games and all, its against forum rules. you may get in trouble by admin and mods.

I'm playing Max Payne 3 in directx 11 everything is on in normal setting included FXAA and MXAA. And getting 30-35 fps in fraps.

vaibhavl

Broken In
Have been looking forward to this. But recently even DELL Alienware slashed their prices hence I would like to take up an alienware instead.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Have been looking forward to this. But recently even DELL Alienware slashed their prices hence I would like to take up an alienware instead.

Alienware slashed their prices ?? of which model and how much? Please Explain.

girishpaiv

Journeyman
*oi47.tinypic.com/2zjlzd5.jpg

Does that mean no discounts available for this laptop as in : dell discount ?

My parents are Central Govt Employees and I am an collage [NIT(Calicut)]student.... ..any hope for discounts??:-?

@Sisley : Did u get any??:-?

sisley

Broken In
*oi47.tinypic.com/2zjlzd5.jpg

Does that mean no discounts available for this laptop as in : dell discount ?

My parents are Central Govt Employees and I am an collage [NIT(Calicut)]student.... ..any hope for discounts??:-?

@Sisley : Did u get any??:-?

nopes i didnt got any discount as i ordered it directly from dell exclusive store(not online)

girishpaiv

Journeyman
So guys, which is better Online or Store??:-?

what are the advantages and risks in these??

if we buy from store then for any warranty issues that may occur, can v take it to them??or will v hav to deal with dell directly??

and any idea abt discount??:|

sisley

Broken In
@sisley

are these laptops already available at Dell stores??

no these r not available in stores.....only base models are

guys dell exclusive stores r not like sony,apple etc. on-spot delivery retail stores.....u go thr...look at base models of INSPIRON, XPS, ALIENWARE etc for making ur choice.....then u order upgrades like RAM, FHD, Blu-ray player etc.using same dell online site but transaction is done by dell staff.....u pay them in cash, credit card etc and they book ur order directly with factory...... no confirmation call from dell bangalore needed like when u order online..........major advantage by ordering from dell store is that u get delivery within 8-10 days......i placed my order 8th june and i m expecting delivery tommorrow

Top Bottom