Delhi Election 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This is the most happening Elections ever. With AAP in the city, BJP have been having nightmares. Dumping AAP in favour of BJP, seems neither to help her or the party.
Let's discuss what it could mean to Delhi and the nation...

*i.minus.com/i4qc2LdfgepX1.JPG
Live Stat: Delhi Election Results 2015, Live Assembly Election News - NDTV.com

Delhi Election Result: Arvind Kejriwal Forgiven. AAP Headed for Landslide Victory.

NEW DELHI: Delhi has voted for chief minister Arvind Kejriwal. His Aam Aadmi Party is now leading in 62 of Delhi's 70 seats, a clean sweep for the broom.

Mr Kejriwal, who had quit exactly a year ago after 49 troubled days as chief minister at the head of a minority government, had asked Delhi to give him another chance and a majority. Delhi is set to hand his party an absolute majority and counting.

He will have little opposition in the Delhi Assembly. The BJP - which had won 31 seats last time - is staring at a huge debacle, leading only in eight seats. The Congress' decimation is complete, it is now leading in none.

Best wishes for the 46-year-old taxman-turned-politician are pouring in. He has just received an invitation for a "chai pe charcha" with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who also tweeted, "Spoke to @ArvindKejriwal & congratulated him on the win. Assured him Centre's complete support in the development of Delhi."

At the AAP office in west Delhi's Patel Nagar, Arvind Kejriwal munched on namkeen and told NDTV that he had "no nervous moments at all as we knew people were with us."

"This is the peoples victory," Mr Kejriwal said, adding that his first priority would be to end "rishvatkhori (bribery)" and "VIP culture."

"I promise to be the janta's Chief Minister," Mr Kejriwal said. Outside his three-storey party office, where hundreds have gathered in the AAP's white Gandhi topi, waving the Indian tricolour, a giant board reads, "Janta ka CM (The chief minister of the people)".

Reacting to leads showing AAP ahead, the BJP's Kiran Bedi, who was projected by the BJP as its chief ministerial candidate, said, "The defeat is mine... it is not a referendum on PM Modi."

This is the first major setback for PM Modi since he registered a massive win in the national elections in May last year.

The BJP had won most recently held state polls based on BJP chief Amit Shah's strategy of projecting only Mr Modi. But he changed tack for Delhi, picking Ms Bedi as the chief ministerial candidate at the last minute to counter Mr Kejriwal's growing popularity.

Interesting stats about Age, Education and Wealth of candidates:
Winning candidates results 2015

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
Re: Debates about the Economy, Politics, Religion, and everything under the sun

AAM won Delhi Elections 2015:
*www.digit.in/forum/random-news/189885-delhi-election-2015-a.html

good for you.
Now go and sweep the streets of delhi like an aam aadmi.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

good for you.
Now go and sweep the streets of delhi like an aam aadmi.

I didn't vote for AAP. But I am surprised by the way AAM swept other parties.
There was a hunch that AAP can win, but I never imagined by this margin.

ashs1

Padawan

That was really surprising.. I expected aap to win in a somewhat close contest.. The way they've won was unprecedented.. Totally wiped out the bjp.. Congress is a joke now.. Ajay maken resigns as general secretary.

Gollum

Collector

I didn't vote for AAP. But I am surprised by the way AAM swept other parties.
There was a hunch that AAP can win, but I never imagined by this margin.

well jhadoo waale hain
Its good, I hope they work on improving Delhi

amjath

Human Spambot
What went wrong:

1. Poking, criticizing opposition leader and calling his Anarchist and Naxal.
2. Kiran Bedi saying AAP distributing money for votes is pure politian move.
3. Current government =/= Narendra Modi + Amit Sharma
4. Layman and below middle class people sees no changes in the prices.

What went right and I like:
1. Apologizing for quitting which no politician is every did
2. Never poked at politician
3. AAP Mandate is purely on people welfare not poking at other government's work [except at Black money list issue]

ashs1

Padawan
I felt the hindutva movement ( Ghar wapsi program) caused more damage..
A few of my friends in Delhi did accept the fact that the electricity bills did go down drastically during the 3 month kejriwal stint.. That might have swayed people as well.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION]: You meant Amit 'Shah'.

Also, I think the "Free Wifi" did lure most of the younger generation. :D

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Eventhough AAP appears to be somewhat shady, I still feel they are bringing something new to the table as opposed to the traditional and archaic BJP or Congress.

Its a fresh new ideology and we should give them a chance to run their course before judging them.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting stats about Age, Education and Wealth of candidates:
Winning candidates results 2015

The number of Class VIII, IX, X, etc education candidates make me cringe.

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] yeah right my mistake.

Like [MENTION=173432]ashs1[/MENTION] said people are pissed of this community propaganda.

Making CBSE schools students to come during Christmas.
Community Conversion during Christmas targeting 2 different communities with 3 lakh and 5 lakhs for conversion.

Adding to my previous list,
Clearly visible that both BJP and Congress trying to hide the corporate mistakes and their black money since they have decencies.

- - - Updated - - -

The number of Class VIII, IX, X, etc education candidates make me cringe.

At-least they are educated having some business as a job. If you take opposition politicians in my locality, they simply chit chat in street corner and do nothing

amjath

Human Spambot

Kejriwal proved a non-corrupt and non-dependent politician/political party can do much more in 49 days. So think about 5 years

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Kejriwal proved a non-corrupt and non-dependent politician/political party can do much more in 49 days. So think about 5 years

If he holds up to his promise.

RBX

In the zone
There are numerous reasons for BJP's defeat in Delhi.

Being a BJP supporter, the things which hurt me most were numerous attacks on Kejriwal in newspaper ads, instead of displaying their own achievements, and alleged use of indecent language (बाज़ारू - didn't find any proof) by Modi.

A lot went wrong in past few months (Ghar Wapsi, Sakshi Majarah, Sadhvi Prachi), and BJP took a lot of time in showing signs of any strict action against these.

Chances of getting free water, electricity, and WiFi might have effected a few, but this outcome is mostly of BJP's own making.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Interesting fact is that bjp still had almost the same share of vote . it dropped from 33 to 32.. It's clear that aap stole the vote share from other parties..

Hrishi

Only time will tell. Be it Kerjiwal in Delhi or Modi at Center.
It stupid to get biased and give opinions.

RBX

In the zone
Interesting fact is that bjp still had almost the same share of vote . it dropped from 33 to 32.. It's clear that aap stole the vote share from other parties..

You're overlooking the fact that around [STRIKE]13,72,718[/STRIKE] more people voted this time.
Edit: Calculated using wrong data. Valid votes last time: 78,23,820. This time: Can't find any official report.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
What went wrong:

1. Poking, criticizing opposition leader and calling his Anarchist and Naxal.
2. Kiran Bedi saying AAP distributing money for votes is pure politian move.
3. Current government =/= Narendra Modi + Amit Sharma
4. Layman and below middle class people sees no changes in the prices.

What went right and I like:
1. Apologizing for quitting which no politician is every did
2. Never poked at politician
3. AAP Mandate is purely on people welfare not poking at other government's work [except at Black money list issue]
This is a good analysis by you.
Though I stay at Kolkata and look around to see what anarchism is all about,still Mr. Kejriwal is a SWACCH(CLEAN) imaged person until now.The Kiran Bedi fiasco has cost BJP dearly,according to the results.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Indian Praja(people) are like sheep.
Yesterday it was Modi Mania now Kejriwal Mania tomorrow whom???
I voted for BJP in my constituency and BJP won here. We have to give Modi some time for results. We Indians are impatient buggers want results then & there but nobody follows rules but wants results. Stupid us. Stupid our thinking.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Kejriwal deserved it. I'd have voted for him too.

Modi degraded himself by cheap talks and slanders. Ads in newspaper were just bad in taste.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I didn't even hear the negative comments by BJP on AAP before elections. I think many didn't.

And if taking Kiran Bedi on its side seemed to be a desperate move by BJP, then it surprises me to think the revenge which people of Delhi took from BJP!

I am also worried for two main reasons:
1. No opposition from any party, so now AAP can do all sorts of sh!t since no one can stop them. (I am not saying they will do it, I just mean they can pass any law now).
2. Focus on short term goals. Philosophy of Modi was to think long term, and to develop a "culture" of word class practices. Examples include the "rein on the office timings of government offices", "clean India initiative" and "Make in India". But AAP only seemed to me as "thinking in short term". Free Wifi, what will that do any good in long term? His focus should have been rather to improve Internet infrastructure (or ISPs). Also, lowering electricity rates, focus should have been rather increasing per capita income, employment, so that it electricity rates don't feel too much in the first place.

I don't have much confidence on AAP, but really hope Kejriwal doesn't screw up this opportunity, since Delhi's people have given their dil (heart) out to him this time.

I am also happy with AAP winning in a way since, this would give Modi a reality check and will force (inspire) him to focus on the work rather than talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom