Debian 5.0 Codenamed Lenny Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
After 22 months of hard work, The Debian Project has announced the release of the much awaited Debian 5.0r0, codenamed as Lenny. Its available for download on 31 CDs or 5 DVDs or 1 Blu Ray disc.

Further Details available Here

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well you dont really need 31 cds, just get a netinst cd and install everything via net :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Oh yes but Gems are very few and then you can always use spare bandwidth on distros :p

@Garbagewithoutbin :D
Lol...I said install whats necessary.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^You need only one cd to install bases system. other cds are just extra goodies.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
I bet.. the guys at Linux for You are going to bundle at least 3 DVD's of Debian.. they've done it before.. and the price will be around Rs 125/- .. that's a sweet deal if they will do that..

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
I bet.. the guys at Linux for You are going to bundle at least 3 DVD's of Debian.. they've done it before.. and the price will be around Rs 125/- .. that's a sweet deal if they will do that..

Unfortunately No, I asked the editor, Rahul Chopra and they might not give all the DVDs but just might give the first DVD.

Rahim

Married!
in August 2007 issue.

^^Oh yes but Gems are very few and then you can always use spare bandwidth on distros :p
naap.....i am more mature now and wont download all isos like a crazy linux user :)) that i used to ;)

Not bad. Just 5 DVDs for an architecture.

You need debian backports and debian volatile repositories if you want OpenOffice 3.0, VLC 0.9, etc BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom