• Others

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I don't want to vote for any of them

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, but answer the merciless Halal :p. This ain't a veg vs non-veg debate although you will be struck down on that. Mankind has advanced to the point that it doesn't need to 'kill' & spill others blood. Now don't give the ultimate Buddhist lecture that even an ant will feel hurt , well those are things we sometimes cannot avoid in daily lives but we sure the hell can survive without red meat.

He/she called your Smilies "silly memes".

Somewhere in this page I found this :-D.

Stick to topic.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but answer the merciless Halal :p. This ain't a veg vs non-veg debate although you will be struck down on that. Mankind has advanced to the point that it doesn't need to 'kill' & spill others blood. Now don't give the ultimate Buddhist lecture that even an ant will feel hurt , well those are things we sometimes cannot avoid in daily lives but we sure the hell can survive without red meat.
sure, we can survive without red meat. :)

but hey, my simple question is, are we killing a plant as well? Yup, we are. We grow paddy to feed our stomach. Then we wipe it out. We grow it again. ;)

But does it matter what one is eating or not? It doesn't. It doesn't matter at all.

The only point which is right is, sacrificial rituals are silly.

Regarding the Halal vs Jhatka debate, hmm. The only thing which I can see is, the death of the animal and it being cooked. tbh, what way it is Halal or Jhatka, this shouldn't even matter.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Comparing killing of plants vs slaughtering of animals? Really? Calls for a facepalm but no, I shall behave for this is a constructive argument.
The whole "Go Vegan" campaign is a Joke according to you.
Does it matter what one is eating?
Why not? Can you have one society where Cow is considered ( & actually is ) sacred & for others its beef?
Sacrificial rituals are silly! Like thats breaking news. What I am trying to say is give me that page of The Bhagvata Gita where it advocates that , you might have heard of 'Bali' , 'Sati' but those are not written in Hinduism whereas I don't have to mention about other religion. BTW even these are meant to be sacrifices & not eat the goddamn thing!

Halal vs Jhatka :-D. Do one thing, go outside & witness or try yourself the Halal & Jhatka & come back & tell us which is mercyful & merciless. If you want to kill, kill with some mercy.

Dont you think you guys are going bit off topic :rolleyes:
It happens when people don't debate
CONSTRUCTIVELY :x

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Stick to the topic people.
I eat haleem (mostly sold during ramzaan)when ever available that does not mean I support slaughtering of animals nor cutting of trees.
There are still 60% of flora & fauna that is yet to be discovered in the many rain forests around the world. Nearly 90% of deep sea creatures are yet to be discovered. That means there is a lot of ecosystem left to save or flourish for future generations.
Coming to the topic, we can save ourselves(Economy) only if we control imports and make any MNC pay half of what they get as profit by selling their goods in India.Here FDI comes in to view. They invest heavily there by providing jobs but the end result is that they procure from us and sell it to us at a higher rate(to a different strata of society) and the rest goes back to their home economies. For Example: Amway. These guys don't do any community service like adopting schools or villages in our country like our big indian firms do. Example:Airtel's contribution to schools and villages in rural Rajastan.
FDI is useful but more measures are needed to keep the flow of FI into india constantly making it a competitive economy. FDI is not at all detrimental to local traders business because I buy from local traders and people earning big salaries buy from Walmart, Bestbuy etc.
Solution: Don't give complete freedom to foreign traders yet make them do community work.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Comparing killing of plants vs slaughtering of animals? Really? Calls for a facepalm but no, I shall behave for this is a constructive argument.
The whole "Go Vegan" campaign is a Joke according to you.
Does it matter what one is eating?
hmm? I actually explained why it is good to consume plants rather than animals the best way in this thread. Read my post #140.

But the fact that people eat some other "life" form to survive is a fact. Everything is what? Just organic molecules. ;)

Now people have got the choice of what they want to eat. So, let them eat. The Chinese don't argue about such silly things. They regressed but buckled up. May be that's the reason they're ahead of us now economically and culturally.

Why not? Can you have one society where Cow is considered ( & actually is ) sacred & for others its beef?
Sacrificial rituals are silly! Like thats breaking news. What I am trying to say is give me that page of The Bhagvata Gita where it advocates that , you might have heard of 'Bali' , 'Sati' but those are not written in Hinduism whereas I don't have to mention about other religion. BTW even these are meant to be sacrifices & not eat the goddamn thing!

Halal vs Jhatka :-D. Do one thing, go outside & witness or try yourself the Halal & Jhatka & come back & tell us which is mercyful & merciless. If you want to kill, kill with some mercy.
There is nothing sacred in the universe.

Abrahamic religions believe in proselytising. (Jihadis are forcing others to "convert", eat beef et cetera.) The "Hindus" in this thread are the same. Just a bit more sophisticated. Trying to find every answer in texts.

I read something on the similar lines somewhere on Times of India, "Our vegetarian atma-gyani yindoo warriors were no match for the invading meat eating moslems. ;)" - nonsense but funny.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Stick to the topic people.
I eat haleem (mostly sold during ramzaan)when ever available that does not mean I support slaughtering of animals nor cutting of trees.
There are still 60% of flora & fauna that is yet to be discovered in the many rain forests around the world. Nearly 90% of deep sea creatures are yet to be discovered. That means there is a lot of ecosystem left to save or flourish for future generations.

Man, first you say to stick to topic then you go on & continue the same topic. Your statement seems like an oxymoron. If one eats meat , he's supporting slaughter indirectly.

Solution: Don't give complete freedom to foreign traders yet make them do community work.
Foreign companies are withdrawing their investments here, even Indians are investing abroad. LN Mittal just withdrew. Corporate class is not happy with the government.

Im being modest, you sound like
*i.imgur.com/ULGiTvG.jpg

heidi2521

Padawan
Going back on topic:

Goldman cuts India's GDP forecast to 4 per cent, sees rupee at 72

*www.nytimes.com/2013/08/31/opinion/why-indias-economy-is-stumbling.html?smid=re-share

Need Modi.

Before that, we need congress out.

A 60 lakh crore scam?-News-Exclusives-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

The way UPA is ****ing things over right now and setting up traps for the next govt. in the form of the LAB and FSB I don't think that even Modi will be able to save this country. He may be an efficient administrator with some really good ideas but a magician he is not.

TVTropes warning:

Our current govt's strategy:

*tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Going back on topic:

Goldman cuts India's GDP forecast to 4 per cent, sees rupee at 72

*www.nytimes.com/2013/08/31/opinion/why-indias-economy-is-stumbling.html?smid=re-share
Need Modi.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
hmm? I actually explained why it is good to consume plants rather than animals the best way in this thread. Read my post #140.

But the fact that people eat some other "life" form to survive is a fact. Everything is what? Just organic molecules. ;)
Had it been only about organic molecules then we would be Robots coming & going, doing their business without any form of culture/feeling involved but the difference is we do have cultures, we do have relationships, we do feel for others.
What stops me from posting ,say, a tutorial video of how to halal or slit the throat of a goat for the non vegetarians here?
My point is its not that "simple" & only about "organic molecules" as you would like us to believe.
Now people have got the choice of what they want to eat. So, let them eat. The Chinese don't argue about such silly things. They regressed but buckled up. May be that's the reason they're ahead of us now economically and culturally.
China has started developing in the late 20th century. What was their culture doing for the last 19 centuries? That India-China debate is a different context which has not much to do with religion but about policies.
Its what you believe to be. It may be that which benefits the ecosystem immensely.

Abrahamic religions believe in proselytising. (Jihadis are forcing others to "convert", eat beef et cetera.) .The "Hindus" in this thread are the same. Just a bit more sophisticated. Trying to find every answer in texts.
Have you even read those texts?
I read something on the similar lines somewhere on Times of India, "Our vegetarian atma-gyani yindoo warriors were no match for the invading meat eating moslems. ;)" - funny.
Where were those invading meat eating mosems when the British came to power?
Probably eating the animals excreta when the britishers were eating the meat :-D

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congi won't go out.

They've got their success formula working since independence. Rahul is right. "If India is computer, Windows is its default program." :mrgreen:

Get used to this. Or else, go out become a revolutionary. When did we last have a revolution?

Had it been only about organic molecules then we would be Robots coming & going, doing their business without any form of culture/feeling involved but the difference is we do have cultures, we do have relationships, we do feel for others. My point is its not that "simple" & only about "organic molecules" as you would like us to believe.
Just a damn good machine we are. Damn good. It's a wonder. But we are a machine.

NaOH and KOH "dissolve" dead bodies pretty well. No one would ever know.

Where were those invading meat eating mosems when the British came to power?
Probably eating the animals excreta when the britishers were eating the meat :-D
Pretty much. Every Indian was doing the same. ;)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I said the followers , not the religion but in case of Islam that rule is in their rulebook.

Mediater already put forth all this but you're ignorantly coming up again.
There is a festival which is celebrated by slitting the throats of animals.

And that too with the art of Halal ...very slowly slitting the throat of the animal to give it a hell of a pain :x

Then you have Halal market ....

Strawman.

I am not even talking about Islam, for Christ's sake. Why are you bringing that up. And I am not ignoring Mediator and his posts, I am not part of that discussion. Try to understand how religion is controlled by men (not animals); and it is used as a tool and device for graduation and governance of the populace. This is applicable to all religions, and apparent in Europe and why the irreligious Nordic model was adopted. Followers and leaders are what drive the religion similar to how a river flows of bed-rocks and makes channels.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Pretty much. Every Indian was doing the same. ;)
But then there were freedom fighters.
Now ladies & gentlemen get ready for our freedom fighters are to be mocked.

Strawman.

I am not even talking about Islam, for Christ's sake. Why are you bringing that up. And I am not ignoring Mediator and his posts, I am not part of that discussion. Try to understand how religion is controlled by men (not animals); and it is used as a tool and device for graduation and governance of the populace. This is applicable to all religions, and apparent in Europe and why the irreligious Nordic model was adopted. Followers and leaders are what drive the religion similar to how a river flows of bed-rocks and makes channels.

And clearly , you're not getting me. I know what you already know. Don't think that I am not aware of the misuse of religion by man of every religion. Asaram Bapu episode being the latest. But the thing is, I am not even talking about what the followers have done. I am trying to go into the very basic "roots" i.e., the Texts , The Bhagvada Gita, The Puranic verses.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
But then there were freedom fighters.
Now ladies & gentlemen get ready for our freedom fighters are to be mocked.
I didn't even mock any "religion" in here, not even any person who posted here, didn't even try to "force" my views on others, didn't even call any "name" and you think I'd mock Sardar Patel?

Go through my posts.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I didn't even mock any "religion" in here, not even any person who posted here, didn't even try to "force" my views on others, didn't even call any "name" and you think I'd mock Sardar Patel?

Go through my posts.

When did I say you called anyone's name here? Why being so dramatic?

Just a damn good machine we are. Damn good. It's a wonder. But we are a machine.

NaOH and KOH "dissolve" dead bodies pretty well. No one would ever know.

I updated the post you quoted to write this one. Go through my post.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
My point is its not that "simple" & only about "organic molecules" as you would like us to believe.
No, I don't want you to believe that we are simply "organic molecules". :)

Believe what you want. But there should be a rationale behind it. Read objectively. Don't show any partiality while reading.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I am writing these again but someone deleted these 2 posts of mine first time:

There are many things considered sacred in Hindu religion. You just "wiped" them off by one single line & also the many in your mind while writing that line.
I read something on the similar lines somewhere on Times of India, "Our vegetarian atma-gyani yindoo warriors were no match for the invading meat eating moslems. ;)" - nonsense but funny.
What was the point in bringing this up, I didn't understood. You added the word "nonsense" after a long time :chinscratch:.

No, I don't want you to believe that we are simply "organic molecules". :)

Believe what you want. But there should be a rationale behind it. Read objectively. Don't show any partiality while reading.
Well that's the rationale which every sane person would follow :cool:.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no word for "religion" in our native languages.

I am writing these again but someone deleted these 2 posts of mine first time:
Moderator log shows absolutely nothing regarding this.

*i.imgur.com/NKSnp9S.png

The only thing it shows is, me merging my two posts into one a couple of times today cuz automerge doesn't happen for me. Want a screenshot?

There are many things considered sacred in Hindu religion. You just "wiped" them off by one single line & also the many in your mind while writing that line.
so? I became an "apostate" because I "wiped" them off?

Said this quite a few times before. "What Yindians 'follow' today is Yindooism. No worse than the Abrahmic 'cults' which they apparently hate."

Bhajpa supporters, take note. Congi supporters, piss off.

Top Bottom