DDR3 RAM Guide

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Very nice to see a thread like this. Very helpful while choosing RAM as it have everything at one place.

Cilus

laborare est orare
d3p5kor, really nice and informative..appreciate your hard work. It will solve a lot of queries about the Ram. I think you can add review links of the main products like Vengeance, Ripjaw to it so that people can even have an idea about their performance/price ratio.

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
d3p5kor, really nice and informative..appreciate your hard work. It will solve a lot of queries about the Ram. I think you can add review links of the main products like Vengeance, Ripjaw to it so that people can even have an idea about their performance/price ratio.

Thanks all once again & Thanks Cilus.

Yes, Me & SKUD are planning to include the REVIEW part once its completed.

I invite other too, who can give some useful info or contribute their idea, which make this thread a One Stop Solution for RAM buyers & After Market Coolers too.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You got the corsair latencies wrong.

those are JDEC spec latencies(dom gt has different spec), and will not work with the rated speed.

See the tested latency. that is the XMP spec and will work with the rated speed.

and XMP voltage is 1.65v for most(the pre-SB release models).

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
You got the corsair latencies wrong.

those are JDEC spec latencies(dom gt has different spec), and will not work with the rated speed.

See the tested latency. that is the XMP spec and will work with the rated speed.

and XMP voltage is 1.65v for most(the pre-SB release models).

Thanks for pointing it out, even i have the same confusion how to put these specs. BTW changed it to the Tested Latency.

One more thing, if core i7 2500k can cross 5GHz+ with H20 cooling, but does it mean Intel should start selling these processor saying they can HIT 5GHz+ out of the box. That's why its called OC with Users Risk & doesn't comes under manufacturing warranties. I know RAM's are of different case, but running beyond the rated Frequency with Voltage Tweak is again a part of RISK !..

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Thanks for pointing it out, even i have the same confusion how to put these specs. BTW changed it to the Tested Latency.

One more thing, if core i7 2500k can cross 5GHz+ with H20 cooling, but does it mean Intel should start selling these processor saying they can HIT 5GHz+ out of the box. That's why its called OC with Users Risk & doesn't comes under manufacturing warranties. I know RAM's are of different case, but running beyond the rated Frequency with Voltage Tweak is again a part of RISK !..
Almost all RAM you see is rated at XMP profile. They actually work safely at the XMP spec, but the thing is that JDEC, which is an Intel front, rates RAM at lower to comply with Intel's Uncore spec (1066Mhz for Bloomfield and Gulftown, 1333Mhz for their Extreme counterparts).

You probably wont see RAM marketed for AMD systems containing an XMP profile.

The JDEC spec is marked during chip manufacture, so vendors like Corsair, formerly OCZ(they dropped out of RAM market in case u didnt know),G Skill etc cannot do anything about it. It's just the way the RAM reaches them from Samsung, Hyndai, Epilda, Hynix etc.

DARK KNIGHT

The silent Warrior
Excellent work d3p5kor especially the art work how to install the ram in the
slots great stuff. keep update your info it's very useful knowledge for the users who want to upgrade their gear.:-o:p:doublethumb::high5:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
One question: ADATA XPG Plus or XPG Gaming series rams avilible in India? :unsure: Never saw anywhere.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
hey you are missing GSKILL.. the king of rams now :)

you are right - G-Skill must be on the list ;-)

@ d3p5kor - Under List of Re-nowned/Trusted DDR3 RAM manufacturers web site links this two should be edited ;-)

3). Crusial - should be Crucial
4). G.skill - the correct link is G.SKILL-Home

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
This AMD Performance Edition RAM kicks some butt:-

AMD Performance Edition 8GB Memory Review - Overclockers Club

Pros:

Good performance
Lifetime warranty
Good pricing
Tight timings for 1600MHz (8-9-8-24)
Optimized for AMD systems
Installs correct settings/timings
Fairly good overclocking
Great extruded aluminum heat sinks
Low-profile for wider cooler selection
Intel compatible

Cons:

None

There's still the Radeon edition to come.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Great find ( thanks ) ... so now AMD is in the memory business and in the future we may see them manufacturing SSD's too ;-)

BTW, time to update the first post.

Top Bottom