darksiders II vs Batman Arkham City

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
i'm planning to buy one of these this weekend so please help me chose
the most important question
will anyone of them run on my lappie?(specs in siggy)
which one is better in terms of
  • Gameplay-both are based on some form of melee combat and platforming in sandbox world
  • Patch size-both games are incredibly buggy and there have been huge patches released for them.the smaller the patch the better
  • story-ive played darksiders 1 so i'm curious to know what happens in DS2 btw ive not played Batman:AA so this will be my first batman game
  • replay value

The Score
DS2 B:AC
2 9

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've not played Darksiders II but played I. I love hack and slash genre, so its a must play for me. Loved Batman AA too but Arkham City was a letdown for me. If you just follow the main story its too short and once its end there is no more excitement left.

Its good till its Batman vs. Joker afterwards its boring. Just my opinion though.

sushilonair1

Right off the assembly line
man DARKSIDERS II ,is strict no no,the game does not even come to the expectation .no doubt the graphics is a go go,but you will definitely loss your interest very soon.for batman its a thumps up.

ShubhamDt

Right off the assembly line
I have played both and enjoyed both of them.As such both are great games but I would prefer Arkham City over Darksiders.Arkham provides much better gameplay as compared to Darksiders. Darksiders can be said to be the collaboration of few good games such as Devil May Cry. But Arkham provides much better gaming experience. So I would suggest to buy Arkham City and enjoy.

duke123

In the zone
depends on how much you loved batman as a kid....the game is really good if you are a great fan of batman..otherwise its just a normal game...

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Exactly. Nothing even comes closer to it when it comes to Hand to Hand combat and other Batman equipments and nice story is more than enough to make this game a must play for anyone.

duke123

In the zone
^^ Its not a normal game. Give me another game with that good Hand to Hand Combat. I'll be thrilled.

combat is good but its more than that..its the story,the gadgets,the villains that tie me with this game..i have finished the story mode but still i want to finish all challenges...i still play it...its not the combat with random goons that keeps me interested in this game but challenges that require gadgets,investigation and thinking...i try to avoid fights with goons as i am fed up with it...if someone doesnt know much about batman the story and characters wont make any sense...personal view:p

gameranand

Living to Play
It makes sense. I am one of them who is not fond of Batman but loves the game. A game just needs a good story, gameplay and all. Thats it, if a game has it then it will be loved or be hated. Simple as that.

duke123

In the zone
^^^ the game has good gameplay,fighting and story..but too many characters are thrown in randomly..too many villains with little or no explanations...many scenes(when batman goes to the theater ) dialogues,WTF with magical beings, why batman doesnt use any guns cannot be fully understood if you dont have any background...ya its still enjoyable but the game play is meant for some one who is a hardcore fan...i loved the story very much because i loved batman as a kid...

Alok

Adventurer
Hello hello !!
Let me inform everyone that i just know the name of Batman before this game (arkham asylum), and after playing this game i became his fan and now watched every movie and have lots of comics too :-D
its one extraordinary game.

duke123

In the zone
^^^but you could have enjoyed it much more if you were already familiar with him...this is the only super hero game that can give you that feeling if you grow up with him.. .i felt it .:)

cyborg47

Technomancer
Dark Siders 2? seriously!? Both Batman titles beat DS2 hands down!

depends on how much you loved batman as a kid....the game is really good if you are a great fan of batman..otherwise its just a normal game...

Define normal? The game is perfect, even if it isn't set in the batman world.

^^^ the game has good gameplay,fighting and story..but too many characters are thrown in randomly..too many villains with little or no explanations...many scenes(when batman goes to the theater ) dialogues,WTF with magical beings, why batman doesnt use any guns cannot be fully understood if you dont have any background...ya its still enjoyable but the game play is meant for some one who is a hardcore fan...i loved the story very much because i loved batman as a kid...

You loved batman as a kid, yet so confused? Liar! :p
The game has a database of every thing/person you encounter, a little bit of reading will get you informed.

Top Bottom