Cyber Cafe

nightatthe

Right off the assembly line
Ok I am setting up a cyber cafe with 7 or 8 computers. I have finalized following configurations.

CPU -------- Intel P4 3.2 GHz (not dual core)
MB---------- MSI G31
Memory------ 1 GB DDR2
Hard disk---- 320 GB or 500 GB (Confused because there is almost no price difference between 320GB and 500GB, but also 500GB is too much for Cyber cafe pcs)
Monitor----- 18.5 inches LCD
I can assemble all pcs within 10k each, so think it’s really cheap. Also I think there is no point wasting money for better configs for cyber cafes.
I want to know whether the configurations are ok or the configs are too low. I want suggestions from u guys here.
I am not going to buy amd solutions so please don’t suggest them.
Can I use Windows 7 with above configs?
Can I install windows 7 on some and windows xp on others like xp on 4pcs and win 7 on other 4 pcs? I want to know if there will be any problem while networking?
I have also thought about another configs if u guys say that above configs is too low.

Cpu-----------Intel Dual core or core 2 duo
MB------------MSI G41
Memory--------2GB DDR3
Monitor-------18.5 inches LCD
Another question is do I need better configs on main PC or I can use same hardware configs for all pcs? (for both configs mentioned)
I prefer installing win 7 on both configs.
Please suggest guys.

Sarath

iDota
Fill this questionnaire and put it in the first post. It will be easier to answer your queries.
CLICK HERE> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

saswat23

Human Spambot
Quote your budget 1st and the parts you require. Better you fill up the Ques. Template.
In this case going for an AMD Dual Core rig will be a better option its cheaper and performs better than Intel Dual core priced a little over it.

My suggestion:
CPU: AMD AthlonII X2 250 -- 2.5k
Mobo: Asus M4A78LT-M LE -- 2.5k
RAM: Corsair/GSkill 2GB DDR3 -- 0.8k
HDD: WDC Blue 500GB -- 1.7k
DISPLAY: DELL IN1920 -- 5k
Total --- 12.5k

Gollum

Collector
a p4 will not like firefox very much.
try getting an athlon based computer.
focus on what you need to run on the system.
also try some integer cafe management software like clink
Ideacts - Clink : Active Desktop Application for Cyber Cafes in India

OP
N

nightatthe

Right off the assembly line
thanks all for replying
no amd please :)

1.What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Cyber Café , Internet, Chat, word processing etc

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes but no amd please

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: Actually price is no problem but I don’t want to spend much because I will remove all these machines after a year or so and will open a gaming parlor/internet café with almost 30-40 computers. Think I am setting up café now for getting used to and training.

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7 or XP but I prefer Win7.

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 80GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 18.5 LCD

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7 (just dont have experience with networking i think lol)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Many times (I will do it myself)

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: 1 week

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: No

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I have intel p4 (not dual core), 1.5 gb memory, intel 945GCNL board, 19 inch lcd, 9400gt card.
Both XP and Win 7 are installed on it. I finished Dragon age origins with high settings in this machine and I can also play burnout and other games easily on it. So I think p4 machine is enough for internet and chat on café and spending money on better config is useless and waste of money. Also I will remove these machines after a year or so and will buy new machines and even ps3s for gaming parlor and internet .

ty

Top Bottom