Cursor and window deactivates repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakkadbaba

Broken In
Recently I am witnessing a strange phenomenon on my PC. When I am typing in any word or powerpoint document, I find that it has suddenly become an inactive window, and the commands of the key board are not executed till I click on the page with the mouse and make it active. Some times it occurs at a high repetition rate. Is it a hardware or software problem, or is it some kind of virus. And what is the solution for correcting this anomoly. I have latest and updated AVG Anti Virus functioning on my PC.

slugger

Banned
sum other program is stealing focus from word/pp

u have said dat u have been facing this problem since recently

wat was it dat u installed after which u have been facin dis problem

it could b because sum program is tryin to update itself thru d Internet(esp if der is no Net connexion to d comp) or sum program has a schedular which is causin it to run, thereby stealin focus from Word

i suggest dat u open Task Manger and c what program is runnin dat is either tryin to upd8 or run as scheduled

updater usually (but not always) have filename like *upd*.exe
and scheduled program have file name lik *sched*.exe

where * stands for any addtional name

OP
fakkadbaba

fakkadbaba

Broken In
Thanks for the assistance. I haven't installed any new program recently, but then I uninstalled a few which I had no use of. Then I checked the Task Manager, but there were no programs running which were scheduled or in the auto update mode. So my problem still continues. Any other options????????

slugger

Banned
r u running TweakUI by any chance?

in TweakUI under the Mouse tab there r 2 options Activation follows mouse (X-Mouse) and Autoraise when activating

if you keep thes 2 enabled then widows will activate that window on which ur mouse cursor is placed (even if u dont click on it)

so if these features are enabled and while u r usin Word if d mouse accdiently moves some other place (say, the taskbar), then ur word document will no longer b highlighted

disable those and c if it worx :)

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend is facing same problem in all softwares including games...So now he just can't play ne games...

OP
fakkadbaba

fakkadbaba

Broken In
No, I am not using TweakUI. Tomorrow I plan to check with Spybot S&D, from the DIGIT CD of Sep. Will intimate you the outcome. Will also do complete system scan with AVG fully updated.
For the time being, the problem continues.

praka123

left this forum longback
microsoft recommends format/reinstall the OS every 6 months or so as what i read in this forum.u'll get faster windows,then it will frags out,registry errors so best solution is what u did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom