Ctrl + Alt + Del

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
I use Win XP with SP2. Recently I installed the OS. If I press Ctrl + Alt + Del, I am not getting the 'Windows Security' window, instead my Task Manager opens... Can u plz help me to solve this problem...

Regards,
Ramprasad

himtuna

Journeyman
it is not normal earliar when i use to press these keys a window with 1)shut down 2)restart.......6)task manager would appear. But now i am getting directly task manager's window. I didn't install any of the updates but i think i am attacked by malwares & viruses . i even deleted some of the window's folder.

ramprasad said:
Hi
I use Win XP with SP2. Recently I installed the OS. If I press Ctrl + Alt + Del, I am not getting the 'Windows Security' window, instead my Task Manager opens... Can u plz help me to solve this problem...

Regards,
Ramprasad

Are u using win xp HOME EDITION or PROFESSIONAL EDITION?
Pressing ctrl+alt+del in either will bring up diferent windows with different options.

If ur using windows professional, try re-installing it. Then wen u press the ctrl+alt+del, a Windows Security pane will pop-up.

I too had dis prob ... but re-installing windows, i got it rectified.

If ur in Win XP Home edition, the task manager will show up.

If ur using any tweaks, try disabling them.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud am using XP from last 1year..i have tryed all the vaients Pure XP proff/Home...Xp_SP1 Proff/Home...XP+SP2 Proff/Home so when i press Ctrl+Alt+del i always get the taskmanager ..i guess what u r talkin of is feature of 2000 ..and if i am not wrong....Plain Vanilla Xp ....if u have mulitple accs..then u may get the Security screen as u say..but donn wory its OK ..to get Task MGr at Ctrl+Alt+del...

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
It depends on the way the user logs on and off.
Open USER ACCOUNTS in control panel. click " Change the way user logs on and off" and disable "Use welcome screen " and "Fast user switching" and restart computer. Now to log on to windows you have to press ctrl+alt+del and typing your user name and password. after logging when you press ctrl+alt+del you will get the security window.

rajas

In the zone
mako is absoultely right. It depends on the way users logon and logoff.
make the changes and you are done. you get this:

*www.leeds.ac.uk/iss/documentation/inf/inf18/image012.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom