mohityadavx

Youngling
Hi!

I was previous having airtel 256kbps broadband connection . Then i disconnected the internet. However they left all the cable at my home they had used for providing the connection . Can this wire be used for making a crossover wire.

Plz dont suggest method how to make a crossover wire as i won't be making it myself but would go to a local store with the cable diagram and he would put thhe rj45 connectors with the crimping tools. all i wanna know is does crossover cable uses some special cable or this cable can be used.

Also tell airtel uses which cable for broadband connection ( is it cat5)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
If you have a modern board, cross over is not needed. The LAN adapter can suffice.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
^^actually making a crossover won't cost me more than 50 bucks as i already have the wire but network adapter don't come cheap.

By the way i have intel dg31 pr mobo

@all thankx for ur valuable suggestions

sre06

Broken In
goto any local shop and ask him to make a cross cable he will hardly charge you 50 rs wid 3 meters of wires..and put the ip adress as 192.168.0.1 like wise u will get

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
^^
The network adapter is built into the motherboard is it not..?
u r taking about lan card then i thought of something else. But how will i connet a laptop to my desktop , i would need some sort of cable , connection can't be over the air as i don't have a router.

Correct me again if i am thinking something else..........

Top Bottom