Critics on my Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, It's been around 4 years I bought this domain on my name. I installed wordpress on the very first day and thought of blogging. But I could never get any topic about what to write which is unique. I read many blogs regarding what to write and all but couldn't fix on anything that's unique. I love programming, but all those things already exists.

Suddenly I thought of writing my travel experiences as I love travelling and go to different destinations every year and also this can be a unique as everyone's experience is different. I love doing DIY instead of going with any Travel agencies out there as it helps me to do the tour in my own way.

Anyway, so I started off with my latest trip to Sikkim. I have gone through various Travel Blogs to get the idea about usage of Image and how much they write about a single trip.

So if you love travelling / have spare time please go through this. Any critics is welcome. I'd like to know if the usage of image and amount of text is ok or lengthy or short and anything that you feel is wrong.

Blog : Krishnandu Sarkar - My Personal Blog

PS : I'm not marketing it. I don't even have anything to market. No ads (I don't even plan to) or anything else. A simple wordpress blog.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
1 post blog is killer
perhaps make it scroll into the post instead of a click?
There are two of the same pics of Gurudongmar Lake
It's sight-seeing not sight-seen

It's very well detailed, sort of hybrid between personal experience and information

did you get bored of writing towards the end? :p never mind that, just wanted to read more, and there were more images and less text towards the end
One thing you can do is, embed small albums for each location like Gurudongmar, Yumthung Valley and Zero Point, instead of a series of images in a scroll.

It's good, very interesting read

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I installed wordpress on the very first day and thought of blogging. But I could never get any topic about what to write which is unique.
I bet you are not alone. I too bought a domain back in Aug, 2014 and started posting only from the last week of December, 2014. So far, only 3 posts. :p

Regarding the post, I suggest you to use sliders. For the images with the same caption like "Way To Nathulla", "Baba Mandir", etc. That may increase the readability. But, that's just my opinion.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
1 post blog is killer
There are two of the same pics of Gurudongmar Lake
It's sight-seeing not sight-seen

It's very well detailed, sort of hybrid between personal experience and information

did you get bored of writing towards the end? :p never mind that, just wanted to read more, and there were more images and less text towards the end
One thing you can do is, embed small albums for each location like Gurudongmar, Yumthung Valley and Zero Point, instead of a series of images in a scroll.

It's good, very interesting read

I bet you are not alone. I too bought a domain back in Aug, 2014 and started posting only from the last week of December, 2014. So far, only 3 posts. :p

Regarding the post, I suggest you to use sliders. For the images with the same caption like "Way To Nathulla", "Baba Mandir", etc. That may increase the readability. But, that's just my opinion.

Thanks guys. Yeah even I was thinking of some gallery. But default wordpress gallery doesn't works like slider. I'll try finding a plugin :)

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
There are 100's of plugin for the same. I downloaded one and added the set's in Slider :)

Thanks Anorion. Any more suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

1 post blog is killer

Well, I had been to many places, Puri (more than 10 times), Shimla, Kullu-Manali, Nainital, Nepal, Kedar-Badri-Gangotri-Hardwar-Rishikesh. So I plan to add all these trips slowly.

Well, yeah sort of. And after North Sikkim, I had nothing special to write.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yeah I will add more topics gradually. But I'm bit afraid of adding my previous trips. As I was on 8th -10th std. when I did those trips to garhwal, kullu manali, shimla, Nepal etc. So back the pics are not that good specially after scanning the albums and hardly remember the details.

$hadow

Geek in making
Yeah I will add more topics gradually. But I'm bit afraid of adding my previous trips. As I was on 8th -10th std. when I did those trips to garhwal, kullu manali, shimla, Nepal etc. So back the pics are not that good specially after scanning the albums and hardly remember the details.

You can take some help from pic sharing websites.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Incredible article on that blog krishnandu. "Der aaye but durust aaye", as they say. :p

I agree with all the suggestions mentioned above. But about your "feeling of scared" for posing about past experiences I say its BS. Why would you "care" if the blogs turns our good or not. You don't even need to share pics if those are bad. What matters is you speak your mind. It's your blog, you don't intend to monetize it. Even if you later, only originality and things spoken from heart counts. It's something which can give your blog a unique thumbprint. Last thing people want to read is an article written on a template. So I think you should not think much before you attempt to write your mind.

Oh boy, speaking of which I may have to stop writing like other's template too. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom