roy.banit

Right off the assembly line
I have a series of rar files (.r00, .r01, etc. - I do know how to work with
such files). When I try to extract the one big file that's stored in these
file, I get "CRC error in .rxx, file is corrupt"..is there a way to fix
these CRC errors?

gameranand

Living to Play
First of all you have to use Winrar for that because 7zip many times gives problem. And then you have to extract from *.r00 file and if the error occurs then file is corrupted and you can't do anything about it.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
No, they itself got corrupt while compressing.

BTW if I guess correct it's a game which you downloaded from net, pirated of course.

And if it's that, then they itself is corrupt, nothing wrong at your end.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@gameranand: How do u know OP is using 7Zip???

I have a series of rar files (.r00, .r01, etc. - I do know how to work with
such files). When I try to extract the one big file that's stored in these
file, I get "CRC error in .rxx, file is corrupt"..is there a way to fix
these CRC errors?

CRC: cyclic redundancy check.happens due to Bad Scetor in HardDrive or when file checksum is damaged....

use HJsplit to do a hashcheck of files if they r proper or not.

And then you have to extract from *.r00 file

Not necessary... can start from any file :))

OP
R

roy.banit

Right off the assembly line
i have downloaded these multiple rar files and i tried with winzip ,7zip,winrar,universal extractor, but none worked . I dont think files would be corrupt because i read the comments well.

Zangetsu

i have downloaded these multiple rar files and i tried with winzip ,7zip,winrar,universal extractor, but none worked . I dont think files would be corrupt because i read the comments well.

:blink: oww..downloaded from torrent....cant help u on that...sorry

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You can get the CRC if:

1. HDD is bad.
2. Optical media is bad (DVD/CD).
3. The DL'ed archive was not downloaded correctly.

In this case it seems like (3). Try it again.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Try this...
Open the archive in winrar....got to 'Tools'...and select 'Repair archive'......it might get repaired

gameranand

Living to Play
Zangestu said:
@gameranand: How do u know OP is using 7Zip???
I didn't. But whenever I try to extract those files using 7zip the error occurs so I gave him advice to not to use 7zip as it would give error even with completely fine files.
abhidev said:
Try this...
Open the archive in winrar....got to 'Tools'...and select 'Repair archive'......it might get repaired
It hardly does anything at all. Most files don't get repaired at all.
Zangestu said:
Not necessary... can start from any file
Just a precaution. :))

abhidev

Human Spambot
It hardly does anything at all. Most files don't get repaired at all.

Thats not the case....OP said he has downloaded it form mediafire...and when you upload large amount of files on a file server they tend to get corrupt....so if the archive has any recoverable records then repairing it will fix the problem

Zangetsu

so if the archive has any recoverable records then repairing it will fix the problem

archive repair is only possible when u create archive with recovery feature ON...this will increase the size of file after archiving & generally no uploader uses that feature to keep the size as low as possible :grin:

abhidev

Human Spambot
archive repair is only possible when u create archive with recovery feature ON...this will increase the size of file after archiving & generally no uploader uses that feature to keep the size as low as possible :grin:

As far as i know...those who upload it on mediafire generally do it with recoverable records....also the size isn't increased considerably...depends on how much % of the archive has gone corrupt...

gameranand

Living to Play
abhidev said:
As far as i know...those who upload it on mediafire generally do it with recoverable records....also the size isn't increased considerably...depends on how much % of the archive has gone corrupt...
As far as my experience says they don't. Actually most don't even notice this feature at all and just compress and upload.

Neuron

Electronic.
If you have a pendrive or memory card of suitable size it can solve the problem.Directly download the source files into the pendrive and extract them into the pendrive itself.It will work.

gameranand

Living to Play
Neuron said:
If you have a pendrive or memory card of suitable size it can solve the problem.Directly download the source files into the pendrive and extract them into the pendrive itself.It will work.
If the file itself is corrupted then how the hell would it work. I mean if the source itself is corrupted then how would it work at all.

Top Bottom