Crawling Internet after Virus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ... i am facing a serious (may be not so serious) problem. Till yesterday i was using AVAST as the antivirus in my system. One of my friends brought a pendrive and avast detected some virus when i tried to open it directly from My computer. i scanned the drive after that, but my Folder Options went missing from the tools menu and Task Manager was also disabled within 2 minutes of inserting the drive for the first time. then today i installed AntiVir and it detected around 2000 infections. So i reinstalled windows after formatting the windows drive and installed Antivir again.

Now here is the main problem. I have 2 Mbps NU from tata. and my net is working a little slower (surfing) but the download speed i am getting has nosedived to 3-6 KBPS:mad::mad::mad:(for FTP/HTTP connections) and 25-40 KBPS :mad:(for torrents) from my previous speed of 210 KBPS (that i was getting till yesterday.

So wats happening ??? IS there any explanation ??? i havent updated XP (by automatic updates ) yet ... but this cant be the reason of this turtle walk, can it be ??

Please help guys .... its over my head .... :mad:

paroh

Padawan
This is the cause
internet disruption after undersea cables break :(

Code:
*technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article5372294.ece

Code:
*news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10127123-94.html

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lol...antivir is the best free antivirus but people prefer avast and that all silly ones

For the slow speed, reason might be the undersea cable cut but speeds as low as 3KBPS sounds something else is also involved (as the virus has infected already).

pop in a Linux live cd and check if you speeds are normal in it, then you can have a clue as to where the problem lies

Last edited:
OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
3 kbps is only for a certain site ... torrents are going fine ..... i think its the cable cut ... thnx for the help guys ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom