CPU temperature 99 deg

Status
Not open for further replies.

risqer

Stareable.com
Hello guys,
i am in big trouble, i removed the thermal paste that i got with the Intel fan, just to see the difference in temperatures. And now the CPU temp goes up to 98-99 deg. With the paste it went up to 85 and now its very high.
Where can i get that paste from and for how much ?
Also ,
I need a good cooling fan for around 600 Rs.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Dude that thermal paste was there for a reason. Intel ain't putting there without one. You shouldn't have messed up with it on the first part. Now you should put in some thermal paste ASAP. Or you are shortening the life of your processor. Get the paste from a computer dealer. And as for the fan, get one which is from a good make. And put it adjacent to the heatsink on the cabinet's rear part.

Stop whatever you're doing right now, put off your comp. Get any thermal paste. Don't bother about Arctic Silver right now.

Scrape off any thermal sticker residue with a blunt instrument. Careful not to break anything.

Use a good quality solvent to clean heat sink contact area and CPU surface. Clean thoroughly until everything shines like in the Pril ad :wink: Any solvent with minimum additives will do for now. Preferably flick your girlfriends acetone based nail polish remover.

Now apply a very small amount of thermal paste on the cpu core to fully cover the top surface. Quantity is critical. Excess will only reduce thermal conductivity and worsen matters in a few months when it starts caking.

Use a pea drop of paste, and a credit card sized stiff cardboard to spread paste evenly, in one direction, straight strokes until fully covered. Patience is the key here if you wanna get max coverage with min paste.

It's not necessary to apply paste on heat sink. Just give it a small left right twist once seated on CPU to spread paste. Clip on the retainer.

That's it, and don't forget to replace that nail polish remover before you get caught for stealing.

Cheers,
Keith

quad master

In the zone
what were you trying to do exactly by removing the thermal paste

Keith has given you a gr8 detailed solution simply follow it.

currently just dont operate your comp with the thermal paste removed
just to prevent any damage

If its possible for you to get Artic Silver 5 get it or currently get a good
thermal paste from a computer dealer and apply it.

Artic Silver will provide better cooling than any other thermal paste.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
grinning_devil said:
krishnathelord said:
whats te costof a good quality thermal glease or thermal paste?

artic silver will cost around 450-500 ...
check out *www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions_big2.htm

Please HELP where do you get this help with a tele no / address I have been hunting for this.
PLEASE PLEASE help

Kannan

In the zone
Arctic Silver 5 is not good for Prescott's Original Intel HSF, as the shape of the HSF is little different.

Best is the thermal pad.

This is my personal experience.

I have Intel Prescott 3.4 GHz with original Intel HSF. I bought AS5 for 600 bucks and found out that its not good for Prescott's HSF.

The reason is that the Prescott's HSF has a curve in its bottom and there is no contact with the processor as AS5 is Semisolid where as the thermal pad is solid and can stick to the curve of the HSF.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
which colling solution,fan etc should i go for if i want / need etc to that is with built by ati radeon 9800pro 128mb so that warranty isn't void.

how do i check temp?

Kannan

In the zone
which colling solution,fan etc should i go for if i want / need etc to that is with built by ati radeon 9800pro 128mb so that warranty isn't void.

Do you talk like that in real life too ?? :?:

The only thing which I could properly understand was
how do i check temp?

You can use Speed Fan (Click Here)

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
if the heat sink thing fails.... pls get your processor replaced!!
my P4 1.6 ghz also behaved the same way.... i tried everything... from a good quality heatsink, fan, thermal paste etc.... but later found out that there was sonething wrong with the processor.... it took 15 days and it got replaced... and the problem was solved

suhasingale

Journeyman
Don't use PC for a long time in this condition else the processor wud be damaged, Apply the paste ASAP, Get it from Lamington Road if u stay in mumbai.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Eh? gary4gar bumping a two year old thread? I just cannot believe it.

Reporting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom