CPU Temp 103 C HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neel12345

Right off the assembly line
I have an Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHZ CPU installed on a Intel 915GAV M/Board. My CPU was restarting and in latter days it was suddenly turning off. This I knew was due to overheating. The temp remained at 85C to 95C with LEAST LOAD. I began to suspect that if the assembler had applied thermal paste or not. So I opened the heatsink and found that there was thermanl paste, but very low in amount. I scrapped of everything and cleaned the two surface(cpu and hs) with acetone. But now I cannot find thermal paste and the computer runs for 3 secs now(due to overheating). So I bought a local CPU Cooler for just test puposses (Brand is "Sheen") and mounted it. I got a packet of thermal paste with it. The paste was White in colour form which I understood that it was Zinc Oxide based and doesnot cool as efficiently as micronised silver based t/pastes.The computer starts and temp remains at 72C with full load. Now where can I get(any shop and telephone no address please) thermal paste , rather Arctic Silver in Kolkata. I was unable to find it in two leading shops who keep almost any hardware.They see they donot know where it is availlable. Is it availlable in Chandni Chawk?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^get arctic silver 5 or better MX2(not sure about the name).As5 will cosy you around 400.All leading computer hardware store stores them.

assasin

Banned
cudnt find AS5 in Kolkata.so got myself a pack of CoolerMaster thermal paste (HTK-002).cost me 425 all incl.

bought it from Classic Computers.

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
1) check processor fan, SMPS fan and cabinet fan.All should run smoothly.
2) There must be lots of dust on processor fan.Clear those dust..but very carefully and very neatly.

jasku

In the zone
ravi_9793 said:
1) check processor fan, SMPS fan and cabinet fan.All should run smoothly.
2) There must be lots of dust on processor fan.Clear those dust..but very carefully and very neatly.

Yup, I jus cleared **** LOADS of dust today, and the idle temps came down from 75C to 43C!...and as for AS5, here is an indian retailer sellin it for 500

*www.yantraonline.in/ProdDetails.asp?ItemCode=495

All the best! and let us know how it goes.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
jasku said:
Yup, I jus cleared **** LOADS of dust today, and the idle temps came down from 75C to 43C!
dust over processor is common cause of overheating.People generally ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom