CPU remains overheated...........tried many options!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
[off topic]
Sam dude, pls clear/delete msgs. from your PM inbox.

i tried to PM you several times.
[/off topic]

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I wrote to asus & this is what they replied.

The temperature is normal. For CPU temperature, if it is below 75C degree, it is normal. If the motherboard temperature is below 60C degree, it is normal. Please don't worry about the temperature.

If you have any problem, please refer FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions) or contact us again. We will try our best to help you.

I really dont know what else could be done? most of the users report 35-45° ideal temp so compared to that mine is surely high & if I overclock it reaches 74°C on full load, which is not good for 24x7 usage.
--------------------
I still wonder how a better power supply will solve this issue?
What does PSU have to do with CPU overheating, is there any connection?
It will take 10 days for the dealer to get the antec PSU & I am getting a feeling it will not solve the problem

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if possible try to get a PSU from any of your Friends & test.

or does any friend of yours have similar config, so that you can test your Processor/PSU on theirs' & vice-versa

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Sam I got finally today Zebronics Peace cabinet & Zeb 500 watt platinum power supply & eagerly changed the mobo & hdd to the new caby...................................but but but my temp still remain the same 50-54 ideal, no over clocking at all & at fullload (No OC applied) TAT load test makes it 74-76C, that too high.
This PSU gets mounted upside down so the big fan air flow is downwards, I am not sure ifthats ok or not, I feel it should be upwards.
*zebronics.net/images/power/zeb-500w-2led-b.jpg

If I OC then it will go beyong 60 ideal & at full load 80-85C,

I also tested another graphic card just in case that might be the cause, but no chnage in ideal temp.

Its surely either the mobo or the intel heat sink seems to be faulty, though my test images show it looks fine.

Now the only 2 things left are intel HSF & asus mobo.................cant think of anything else.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
about PSU
i think thats the correct position :wink:, its a Bling-Bling PSU :D, so how wud you show-off the LED fan of PSU :D

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Sam, Ur temp shows 56C ideal when over clocked but mine shows 52-54C non overclocked, let me try tomorrow same over clocking then I post back the findings.

BTW r u back in delhi ?

i think thats the correct position , its a Bling-Bling PSU , so how wud you show-off the LED fan of PSU

What is this bling bling, never heard of this I just got it bcoz I wanted to try any thing higher that 400 watt to rule out that low wattage may be creating heating problems.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
hahhaha.....I was wondering what else could that mean..nice keywording ............now I will bling bling tomorrowwhen I OC my system.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ranjan2001
Can u say ur GPU temps at max load while playin a real heavy game like the Rainbow Six: Vegas?
WOW Sam ...gr8 overclocking....3.3 from 1.86!!!!
An how much did ya pay for that 500W platinum. me too have ordered the same PSU nd the dealer says itll take a week.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Arvind
I dont game at all, so GPU don't get so much heated up, I got that XFX card bcoz of 2 dvi port & higher resolution dual display possibility in near future, though I will check the GPU temp too tomorrow.

I got zeb 500 PSU for 2400 +4% vat

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yes you are right Mr.Sam.:D

how many other guys are in this Bling-Bling Club,:D, other than us three:D

& not only PSU, ranjan has got "Zebronics Peace " too, fully fledged Bling Bling PC:D:D:D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Im gonne add moe Bling Bling by adding some LEDs inside sleeving tube. Ive tested them outside the cabby nd Thinking of adding a 4W CFL Lamp for more bling bling. Do u have any idea how to make a CFL Lamp light cool by covering the lamp with some colourful stuffs??
Is there any harm on sticking coloured insulation tape over the tube(CFL tube)? CFL tubes dun heat up(not the adapter) so i think its OK?

Ive Antibiotic cabby, so more Bling Bling with the lamp .

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Sam, I tried OC & now running 450FSB stable with Vcore set manully to 1.25V, & surprisingly the temp are now same as u reported around 56°C ideal & on load test with TAT reaches 79-81°, so I guess I can leave my worry for a while& get back to OC further.

2 problems I am facing with peace cabinet is that the power down switch is working strangely when I shut down via start menu the comp shuts down but restart again, I check the switches 3 times that the power is plugged in power & reset is plugged in reset......................am I doing something wrong?

The big side fan is quite noisy in my case when it starts its sound can be heard even outside the room is that normal?

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Sam, we discuss heating here & OC we discuss there.

Today Intel provided the instruction to the vendor & he cleaned up the heat sink & applied Intel thermal grease, that partly solved the problem & now NON-OCed CPU ideal temp is around 40-42°C & on 100% load using TAT it goes 60-62°C, but in my case this happens with big side fan running including all 4 fans too.

My present room temp is 27-29°C
----------------------------------------
Update
Seeing your posted shots earlier now I have the same temp & OC settings, so I think we have solved the problem of heat.

I Oced to 472 & my ideal is 55°C & on 100% TAT load it reaches 80°C, same as you had, Orthos load test does not make the temp go that high, it remains 66-71° only.

Great ................ for the 1st time I am seeing 42° on this board non OC..............I am partly releived.
-----------------------------------------
screens updated
*img225.imageshack.us/img225/5262/stable472ocji8.th.jpg

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
sam9s said:
My hunt for cooling sloution continues.......then I will try stretching my C2D to 3.6 :D, an 100% Ocing......:)

Did you not get the cooler master water cooler in bangalore, contact details were posted in another thread.

Last 3-4 days even delhi is hotter its now 30°C ambient & it will upswing for next 2-3 months.

I mailed to www.sidewindercomputers.com & Got a reply that they will ship to India the cooling fan solution. If you are intrested & back in delhi then I may order 2 of them so we save shipping at least.

Though I have to decide which one I buy so it can fit well in the peace cabby.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I am thinking
Scythe NINJA PLUS Rev.B 6 Heat Pipes CPU Cooler
or
Scythe INFINITY 5-Heat Pipes CPU Cooler
or
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

With AS5 applied & these coolers in peace cabby 8-10° it should go lower, so in peak summer we can hover around 50-55 OCed.

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
21% is the duty & US$20 will be the shipping charges.
So 1750 + 21%+levies (Rs 400)=2250
So the total cost would land up around 2250+ 1000 for shipping, not bad at all............surely expensive but hey OC gives you so much extra power too.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
sam9s said:
When r u planning to get this imported.

hahhah......................as soon as ambient touches 38-40 we woud need this for sure else no OCing.

Its been raining & hail stroming in delhi so the temp is around 26-30°C as of now but its just a matter of few days, In april it will surely go up.

I have no experience with water cooler but if its available for 3500/- surely we can look into that too, SMC delhi has one model of cooler master quoted me 5.5K for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom