RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM|
Graphic Card |MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|
PSU |Cooler Master Real master 750W
Case |CM Storm Enforcer
Monitor |Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23
UPS |APC 1.5KVA|

Well..i was playing battlefield today, everything was going just fine but just then my pc got shutdown nd while restrting in BIOS MENU it showed me it is more then 98% :\

Note: There is no CPU COOLER INSTALLED

Please explain me why this happening to my brand new rig :\\

Also please suggest me some CPU coolers.

Thanks !

cooldip10

In the zone
No CPU cooler installed!!! :shock: Or do you mean to say custom cooler?
I think TickTock meant no custom cooler. Generally comps don't start with no coolers.

@ TickTock: Post a screenshot of any temperature analyzer like:
Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring
or
Speedfan.

Also, attach a pic of your rig. Looking at your case, i don't think there is any problem with airflow.

BTW: congrats on the rig.

tkin

Back to school!!
First of all:

1. When you open the bios is the normal mode selected? Or Turbo mode? Anyway switch to normal mode.
2. Look at top right corner of mobo(when the system is turned on), is any of the leds glowing? If yes, then flick the corresponding switch(after shutting the system down) other way so the LEDs do not turn on.
3. Now go to BIOS, go to advance mode, in CPU settings, make sure max CPU frequency is set to 3.8GHz and auto is selected in turbo settings.

If this does not fix it then reseat the cpu cooler and add some good quality thermal paste.

PS: I have a 2600k and the stock cooler is horribly inadequate to keep the temps down, get the CM hyper 212+ if you want to play it cool.

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
hello guys,
These r the pics of my rig taken by my laptop cam :\

I hope after seeing this you guys can solve my problem :x

Anyways m going to NEHRU PLACE market now to take CMH N620 Cooler :)

Hope that Fixes the problem :)

yaar meine 1 lakh se bhi zada kharch kardiye hai aur bc ye computer sirf games khelne ke liye tha lakin issmei bhi laptop ki tarah overheating prob agai WTF

Please guys...tell me after installing cpu cooler will it work fine ??

PICS:
ImageShack Album - 7 images

tkin

Back to school!!
hello guys,
These r the pics of my rig taken by my laptop cam :\

I hope after seeing this you guys can solve my problem :x

Anyways m going to NEHRU PLACE market now to take CMH N620 Cooler :)

Hope that Fixes the problem :)

yaar meine 1 lakh se bhi zada kharch kardiye hai aur bc ye computer sirf games khelne ke liye tha lakin issmei bhi laptop ki tarah overheating prob agai WTF

Please guys...tell me after installing cpu cooler will it work fine ??

PICS:
ImageShack Album - 7 images
The cooler is loose, reseat it and apply some good Thermal paste(like TX4) or buy a new cooler all together like N620 and seat it properly this time.

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
The cooler is loose, reseat it and apply some good Thermal paste(like TX4) or buy a new cooler all together like N620 and seat it properly this time.

Well N620 in currently out of stock..have to wait for some days till then NO GAMING :x

Anyways, Thanks for helping me :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Well N620 in currently out of stock..have to wait for some days till then NO GAMING :x

Anyways, Thanks for helping me :)
N620 will not come to stock anytime soon, just get the V6GT from cooler master, or Hyper 212+.

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
N620 will not come to stock anytime soon, just get the V6GT from cooler master, or Hyper 212+.

Yaar, Suggest me best Cooler available in market below 5k. i dnt mind spending little bit more on cooler if its solve my overheating prob :)

cooldip10

In the zone
TickTock,

You may try reseating the cooler.
This may be helpful: How to Install a CPU and Heatsink | FreeComputerRepair.com
This time use a good thermal paste. I have seen 99% of people cleaning the processor (even the GPUs) and adding a new thermal paste.
I have heard a lot about Artic Silver being a good thermal paste. You can go for cooler master also if you don't find a better brand at Nehru Place (I tried a lot to get hold of Artic Silver, but looks like no dealer at NP).

I may be wrong, but looking at your pics, the processor surrounded by obstructions (blue and red (RAM) structures) and may be causing the heated air not disperse properly. If you get the same results even after reseating the heatsink, then you have to get a custom cooler.

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
i went to nehru place got cooler master paste applied to the fan and got it reseated..but same thing happened today..was playing game and it again got overheated nd shutdown??

Ye chakker kya hai?? ye sale cpu cooler ka pange ha kya ya phir CPU faulty hai ?

Even my GPU goes more then 75 Degree..is it normal??

Please advice :\

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ GPU temp is normal if it's under load.

Regarding cpu temp most of the chances you've not mounted it properly - I suggest you to get a new cpu cooler like CM Hyper 212+ around ~1.9k and have peace of mind ;-)

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
^^ GPU temp is normal if it's under load.

Regarding cpu temp most of the chances you've not mounted it properly - I suggest you to get a new cpu cooler like CM Hyper 212+ around ~1.9k and have peace of mind ;-)

GPU GOES TO 75 TO 80+ while playing games like battlefield etc..is it normal ??

And, CPU goes more 85 sometimes 90 also[while gaming]..are these shutdown caused by cpu or gpu :O

custom cooler will be able to solve my overheating problem?? or should i get liquid cooling kit ?

Also, please Tell me how much temperature should CPU and GPU should stay on idle mode and while doing heavy work like playing gaming and graphic designing :\

I Cnt even sleep and work properly from past 7 days...this overheating problem is killing me :\

PS: I want to Cool both my gpu and cpu.
Suggest me some custom cooler or water cooling kit according to that.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Idle cpu temp should be around 40c and load temp should not cross 75C.

though these GPU can sustain much heat than CPU it should not cross 85C IMO and as your gpu has custom cooling it should not cross even 80C ( what's the ambient temp in your locality )

Assume all the fans properly installed in your cabby - the source of over heating is the CPU / Loose heat sink - try to gently shkae the cpu cooler - if it's properly mounted it won't wobble - use some temp monitoring app like HWmonitor/HWinfo etc. to monitor the cpu fan RPM speed / hdd temp and post them here.

After market cpu coolers has much better mounting mechanism compared to stock cpu heatsink and their cooling performance is much better - so a after market cpu cooler like CM Hyper 212+ ( or better depends on your budget ) should reduce the exceesive heat of the cpu - thus reducing the overall system temp.

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
Idle cpu temp should be around 40c and load temp should not cross 75C.

though these GPU can sustain much heat than CPU it should not cross 85C IMO and as your gpu has custom cooling it should not cross even 80C ( what's the ambient temp in your locality )

Assume all the fans properly installed in your cabby - the source of over heating is the CPU / Loose heat sink - try to gently shkae the cpu cooler - if it's properly mounted it won't wobble - use some temp monitoring app like HWmonitor/HWinfo etc. to monitor the cpu fan RPM speed / hdd temp and post them here.

After market cpu coolers has much better mounting mechanism compared to stock cpu heatsink and their cooling performance is much better - so a after market cpu cooler like CM Hyper 212+ ( or better depends on your budget ) should reduce the exceesive heat of the cpu - thus reducing the overall system temp.

Thanks for all information :)

In simple words..All i need is a Good Custom Cooler which will reduce my system overall heat and i would be able to game as much i want right?

Some Questions:
1.Is there any cooler available in the market that can reduce both CPU AND GPU TEMP ?

2.custom cooler would allow me to play game as much hours i want?? no more shutdowns??

3.Do i need of water cooling kit or just simple custom cooler will be able to reduce the heat ?

Lastly, can some 1 suggest me water cooling kit..just in case my mind changes >_<

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Nah, you have to purchase separate cooler for CPU & GPU.

2. Sure. :) Still it's better to take a break every hour, just to loosen your body a bit.

3. Get a good air cooler, that will be sufficient.

Top Bottom