Cpu overheating :\

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thanks for the details ;-)

I had faced similar issue once with a XFX 8600GT - Rashi was refusing RMA and saying there's fungus on gfx card - actually they were pointing to dust and said it's physical damage and they can't replace it - a had called and mailed them so many times but they did not listened. One day I went there with my elder bro and he scolded the shop guy and the service center guy really well and they gave me a brand new box pack card as replacement ;-)

Another Incident I had once with mora mobo - this one went kaput next day after purchase and I went into the shop to replace it and they replaced it with another one and I asked them to test the unit in front of me and when they tested the replaced one it was not working and they were giving some sick reasons like the cpu they have is not supported by the mobo and stuff like that - I called up my elder bro, we had a hard talk with the shop guys and they refunded our money back ;-)

This Pc sales guys and service center guys ( most of them ) are so ignorant about customers that they do not want to honour our basic rights as a customer unless they get some hard treatment like these ;-)

So what you did is just right - wish you all the best ;-)

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
UPDATE: Just got refunded on items listed below :D

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 2600k
Motherboard |ASUS P8Z68 V PRO
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM|
Graphic Card |MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|
PSU |Cooler Master Real master 750W
Case |CM Storm Enforcer
UPS |APC 1.5KVA|

i got total 94k refunded but i m left with Dell ultrasharp monitor and corsair H80 as i bought those 2 from somewhere else.
well....let me pack it for now and will make use of it when i buy a new decent rig in OCT [will wait for AMD 7000 series and bulldozer!]

Thanks all guys for giving me lots of Info and support !
REALLY THANKS !

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ o_O

Refund? Which shop? Were the items packed? They gave you cash back? Very unusual.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Congrats TickTock...but its sad u can't upload pics of Cash..coz its not hardware..
Did u negotiated with cash to the dealer?

OP
TickTock

TickTock

Broken In
^^ o_O

Refund? Which shop? Were the items packed? They gave you cash back? Very unusual.

naaa...all items were opened but due to my mom contacts in police i managed to get cash back just 2 hours ago..he was saying "sir plz lelo ye rig..its fine now..mere bahot nuksaan hojayega but truth was both SMC AND SHOP I BOUGHT THIS RIG FAILED TO FIX THIS RIG." Dey changed CPU, GPU with brand new sealed cpu nd gpu but it didn't reduced temps little bit...then they started saying der must be problem in motherboard and wait for some more days but we didn't felt like waiting more nd got our money refunded. Nvm i learned a good lesson from this situation :)

I am bit disappointed..it really hurts when you buy a expensive items and dey FAIL to work :\

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
naaa...all items were opened but due to my mom contacts in police i managed to get cash back just 2 hours ago..he was saying "sir plz lelo ye rig..its fine now..mere bahot nuksaan hojayega but truth was both SMC AND SHOP I BOUGHT THIS RIG FAILED TO FIX THIS RIG." Dey changed CPU, GPU with brand new sealed cpu nd gpu but it didn't reduced temps little bit...then they started saying der must be problem in motherboard and wait for some more days but we didn't felt like waiting more nd got our money refunded. Nvm i learned a good lesson from this situation :)

I am bit disappointed..it really hurts when you buy a expensive items and dey FAIL to work :\

Lucky you!!
BTW congrats for getting the money back.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Just talked to my mom on phone..PC wala told her der is some problem in Graphic card displacement something like that and he will change it WTf?..will be going to assembler shop in 1 hour.

UPDATE:
Well I went with my father and mother this time to nehru place...well heres the short story..
Through contacts of my mother in Nehru place we called SHO[police wala] of that area and he threatened him directly in his shop "told him fix the rig either by tomorrow 4 pm or give the *BEEP* money back"....well i cnt tell u full story in writing but we did lots of gali galoj with him :lol::lol:...just waiting for tomorrow to get back the *BEEP* money as i am sure dey wont be able to fix the rig...:lol::lol:

I think SMC were just playing around with you, and not doing anything to the parts. Could be a faulty CPU or motherboard. Overheating with bad thermals.

Aree..I went like 6 times to Nehru place and he never showed his face..he use to talk to me on phone and keeps on sending me to SMC WORKSHOP with his worker..I told me 100 TIMES CPU IS faulty..but still he keeps saying install corsair H80 Nd it will fix overheating problem...blah blah....then finally i got H80 installed but still it was overheating like hell..then he started making stories that you dnt knw hw to run pc..der r voltage problem in ur house nd stuff...then i told everything to my dad..then this DRAMA happened and now tomorrow will be getting pc fully in good state or money will be refunded !

If PC doesn't works fine..then he have to return my parents money at any cost..and then i might wait for bulldozer series.

Sorry to hear this, but at least you set them straight. That is how things work at SMC. By the way, you know the names of the people you were dealing with at SMC.

Case |CM Storm Enforcer
UPS |APC 1.5KVA|

i got total 94k refunded but i m left with Dell ultrasharp monitor and corsair H80 as i bought those 2 from somewhere else.
well....let me pack it for now and will make use of it when i buy a new decent rig in OCT [will wait for AMD 7000 series and bulldozer!]

REALLY THANKS !

Good to see resolved. You should have called some member to assemble it for you from Delhi..! :)

Good, they learnt a lesson. We can advice you later, when ever you are ready to make another purchase. Guess SMC is bad...as usual

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Case |CM Storm Enforcer
UPS |APC 1.5KVA|

REALLY THANKS !

Congrats and Glad to know that you've got your money back ;-)

Top Bottom