CPU Overclock List & Discussion Thread

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
re: CPU Overclock List & Discussion Thread

This is Fecking ****!!I was running my system for a week on 4 GHz...So was going to post it here with all the stress tests...But forgot to disable speedstep...Now that I did that the system isn't booting on anything more than 3.8 GHz....it gets stuck at loading windows...
My voltages are
V core 1.275V
QPI/VTT 1.150V
PLL 1.860V
DRAM 1.6V

does disabling speedstep causes the prob...or c1E??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Well they should have been from day 1 if OC'ing.

But it seems weird for you. Turn them both on, and show what CPU-Z says.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ keviv219 - just revert back to the bios settings using which you got 4GHz stable.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI

@thanks guys...I am now back at 4 GHz....please remind me in brief which tests do I have to post screenshot of to show the overclock as stable..

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI

All voltages have been set as normal except DRAM...will alter these when i go beyong 4 GHz and do a 30min stress

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Re: i3 530 with 1666 RAM?

Okay, so I need some little guide to OC my RAM. Please have a look at the below sceenies from BIOS,

1- My DRAM settings is by default 'AUTO'.
*img163.imageshack.us/img163/6020/bios1k.th.jpg

2- I pressed 'Enter', the Menu pops up like this,
*img69.imageshack.us/img69/7666/bios2y.th.jpg

3- Now I selected DDR3- 1600 MHz and this came up,
*img834.imageshack.us/img834/3669/bios3n.th.jpg

4- All other CPU/DRAM settings is 'AUTO', Do I need to change anything here?
*img96.imageshack.us/img96/321/bios4f.th.jpg

5- And this is the settings under DRAM Timing Control,
*img834.imageshack.us/img834/6821/bios5.th.jpg

Now all I want is to run my Memory modules at 1600 MHz but keeping my CPU at Stock Speed, (No OC for CPU).

My RAM is DDR3 Corsair 1600 XMS3 @1.65V.

Thanks in advance.

PS- I've also posted the same in Overclocking section.

Last edited:

The_Man

Broken In

Try it without upping the voltage and see if the system is stable.Run some 3D application or something like that to test stability.

ithehappy

Human Spambot

You mean upping the QPI/DRAM Voltage or DRAM Bus Voltage? and should I keep it 'Auto' or try to lower it for betterment?

The_Man

Broken In

It's better not to play with QPI voltage.It might overvolt if you set it on AUTO.The lower the better.
Anything above 1.4 is not recommended AFAIK.Make sure that there's not more than .5v difference between your CPU voltage and QPI/DRAM voltage.
I don't recommend upping the voltages because it will shorten the life of the components.
Try to keep both voltages as low as possible.
My recommendation is not to go above 1.2/3v for QPI/DRAM and 1.6/7 for DIMM voltage.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Okay, I got the idea about QPI/DRAM Voltage but do you mean DRAM Bus Voltage by DIMM Voltage?

The_Man

Broken In

ya you can increase your DRAM Bus Voltage.same
Note:Again don't go above 1.65v.It can harm your cpu.
Wish you all the best!

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Ok, I won't go above 1.65V for sure. What's the Voltage currently @ 1066 of my RAM without OC'ing? Will CPU-Z show it?
Anyway thanks for giving your time.

S_V

In the zone

Do your RAMS support XMP profile? If it is just select XMP from Ai overclock Tuner to XMP, it will select DRAM speed to 1600 as volt to 1.65 along with SPD Timings came with your Ram . Just make sure to reduce QPI/DRAM to 1.24-1.26 since its just two modules you don't have to use high QPI volt.....

Even if it does not support XMP just select 1600 in DRAM frequency and set QPI volt to 1.25 or less and also DRAM to 1.65v. Set SPD settings in DRAM Timing Control as shown on your RAM which could be 999-24 or 888-24 in the first four settings only.... (ignore the Voltage and CPU damage warning).

Also the Voltage warning is common, so ignore and use it. But just make sure you don't use higher than 1.65v for DRAM bus volt..

Last edited:

The_Man

Broken In

default voltage is 1.5v I think.AFAIK you will only see the SPD voltage in CPU-Z ie.1.5V.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@Ithehappy:
Please can you post all the tabs of CPU-Z.

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Sure, why not, including About and Graphics tab too. :))

*img29.imageshack.us/img29/374/cpuz1te.th.jpg *img254.imageshack.us/img254/3446/cpuz2r.th.jpg *img834.imageshack.us/img834/9818/cpuz3.th.jpg*img257.imageshack.us/img257/8158/cpuz4.th.jpg *img248.imageshack.us/img248/1662/cpuz5s.th.png *img818.imageshack.us/img818/1272/cpuz6.th.jpg *img404.imageshack.us/img404/4953/cpuz7.th.jpg

Regards.

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone

@ithehappy

see, Like i told you ,use XMP profile and set the settings and volts as i mentioned.. you are all set to run them in 1600mhz... you should use 9-9-9-24 and set command rate at 2T.....

currently RAMS are at 1066mhz instead of 1600mhz...

Top Bottom