CPU Overclock List & Discussion Thread

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
re: Overclock List & Discussion Thread

^^ If you can ( or have the time ) post in the other details too :p

2. Add a Prime95 or Orthos or OCCT 1 hour test or SuperPi 32M or Wprime 1024M test along with a cpu-z screenshot so that we can know that the OC you gained is somewhat stable and i will mark your OC as stable on the list ( look at the bottom part of this post )

In this format :

CPU :
Revision :
FSB X Multiplier :
Vcore Under Load :
Vcore at idle status in windows :
Vcore set in bios :
Cooler :
Additional notes if any :

Motherboard :
Chipset :
Bios Version :

Ram :
Latency :
Volt ( set in bios ) :

Graphic Card :
GPU Clock:
Shader :
Mem :

At the end just stick your benchmark and stability test results

BTW, Listed it on 1st page :p

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

BTW, rule changed on first page :p

*img90.imageshack.us/img90/5747/20100819084052.png

*img843.imageshack.us/img843/3304/20100819081839.png

*img541.imageshack.us/img541/8264/20100819081853.png

*img695.imageshack.us/img695/493/20100819063805.png

Temps :

*img816.imageshack.us/img816/6038/2010082016h39cpu1.png

*img267.imageshack.us/img267/5140/2010082016h39cpu2.png

*img841.imageshack.us/img841/295/2010082016h39cpu3.png

*img801.imageshack.us/img801/6350/2010082016h39cpu4.png

*img832.imageshack.us/img832/1961/20100820164150.png

Settings in Details :

CPU : AMD Athlon II X4 630 @ 3.5 GHz
Revision : C2
FSB X Multiplier : 250*14
Vcore Under Load : 1.41
Vcore at idle status in windows : 1.10
Vcore set in bios : 1.425
Cooler : CM Hyper 212
Additional notes If any : Increased volts of HT and NB

Motherboard : Gigabyte MA-785GM-US2H
Chipset : AMD 785G
Bios Version : F11

Ram : DDR2 800 Mhz @ 833 MHz
Latency : 5-5-5-15
Volt ( set in bios ) : 1.900
Additional notes if any : Set mem clock @ x3.33

Graphic Card : Palit 9600GT
GPU Clock: 765 MHz
Shader : 1912 MHz
Mem : 925 Mhz
Additional notes if any : OCed using EVGA Prescion

sukesh1090

Adam young
CPU :Intel pentium dual core E5500
Revision :R0
FSB X Multiplier :14
Vcore Under Load :1.224
Vcore at idle status in windows :1.104
Vcore set in bios :1.304
Cooler : cooler provided by intel with processor(don't know model and other)
Additional notes If any :

Motherboard :Asrock G31M-VS2
Chipset : intel P35/G33/G31
Bios Version : P1.00 (american megatrends inc.)

Ram : DDR2 800MHz 1GB
Latency : I don't know much about this i have kept the pic of SPD and Memory in CPU-Z.
Volt ( set in bios ) : 1.80V

can i do some more overclocking?if yes how much?

here are the other pics.

reply me topgear please...........................................

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^ why CPU-Z is showing that your CPU speed is 3079 MHz ( close to 3.1 GHz ) - did you enable some features like auto tune/auto/turbo OC in bios if not what's the actual speed 2.8Ghz or 3.1Ghz ( as cpu-z is showing this ) ?

Try updating bios to the latest version and try a updated version of CPU-Z itself.

Try running OCCT cpu for an hour and it will give you a fair idea about temps and stability of your cpu and post the generated screenshots ( by OCCT ) in here.

BTW, The temp you are getting with 3.1 Ghz ( or 2.8GHz ) and with the stock HSF is perfectly normal.

sukesh1090

Adam young

^ why CPU-Z is showing that your CPU speed is 3079 MHz ( close to 3.1 GHz ) - did you enable some features like auto tune/auto/turbo OC in bios if not what's the actual speed 2.8Ghz or 3.1Ghz ( as cpu-z is showing this ) ?

Try updating bios to the latest version and try a updated version of CPU-Z itself.

Try running OCCT cpu for an hour and it will give you a fair idea about temps and stability of your cpu and post the generated screenshots ( by OCCT ) in here.

BTW, The temp you are getting with 3.1 Ghz ( or 2.8GHz ) and with the stock HSF is perfectly normal.

its normal is 2.8 and yesterday i overclocked it to 3.1.and then ran the prime test and posted those pics.and again at night i ran the prime test and left it for 8-9 hours here is its pic.thank you.can i do some more?what about that vcore?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

With just 1.224V load vcore and stock HSF you are getting marvelous OC.

if you want to push more you will need to up the volt and you will need a better cooler.

sukesh1090

Adam young

hey i upgraded my bios version from 1.0 to 1.1 and now my vcore has been further decreased automatically,at idle it is 1.000 and at bios the vcore is written as 1.234 at first it was 1.304.so how to increase the vcore and is there any specific value of vcore which i should set?up to what temperature my system can go?
here is a link which tells complete detail about my processor
*www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_Dua...1PG0722ML (BX80571E5500 - BXC80571E5500).html

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

After Upgrading the bios are you running your cpu at default settings or you have OCed with the new bios version as well.

Before and after updating bios it's always recommended to load the default values -after a successful bios update you will need OC again by changing fsb, ram speed and volt values.

I guess your cpu is running at stock speed of 2.8 GHz after the bios update. If so you need to OC again.

Try to OC your CPU with the previous bios values ( like 3.1 GHz/1.3V etc. ) and see if you can get a stable OC and don't forget monitor the voltage and temps as well.

To change vcore value you have to change it manually and set it to 1.3V.

sukesh1090

Adam young

• where i have to change manually? In my bios HW monitor section is there it shows the vcore,+3,+5,+12 volts and there i can't change those values.

• I have overclocked the cpu again to 3.1GHz after loading bios to default and the vcore is 1.234 and now my ram frequency is also increasing with the fsb oc(it is now at 440 before it was 400) and latency changed to 6-6-6-18 and ratio to 1:2.is it ok?

• Can i overclock by increasing the multiplier?which one is safer fsb or multiplier?

• until what temperature can i overclock?it is now at core1 is 59C and core2 is 54C.

• Is there any use of overclocking pci?

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

your bios should have this option - don't look for it in HWmonitor section though.
It probably under the section where there are options for changing OCing. Read the mobo manual carefully.

As you have OCed your ram is also being oced as the CPU FSb and Ram Speed are in link mode - try selecting some preset ratio though and see which speed is close to 800 MHz though speed upto 880 MHz is safe for value series ram modules. BTW, what's the brand of your ram.

Your CPU don't has unlocked multiplier so you won't be able to increase it - you will have to OC it using FSB way but you may lower the multiplier and set higher FSB. For eg :

12*260 to get 3120 Mhz but it will incraese your ram speed upto 1040 Mhz if you don't select proper FSB:RAm speed Ratio.

You are safe upto 68C under 100% load - use OCCt and run it for 1 hour at-least - it will give you every kind of results like voltage/temp/speed/workload of test condition.

It would be great if you provide me the manual download link of your mobo.

sukesh1090

Adam young

• in my mobo i didn't tried increasing the multiplier but in cpu oc section when i disable intel speed step technology then mobo will allow me to change the value of multiplier.so is it possible for me to change the multiplier?
i
  • have seen in bios some nb volt,+1.5 volt,+3 volt......options which i can change but there is no option as vcore.so by changing these volt can i change the vcore?BTW my vcore has now automatically came to 1.304v
  • In the above link which i have provided for info about my processor says that my vcore operating limit is 0..... to 1.304 can i go behind this 1.304 vcore?
  • Here is the link for the manual of my mobo
  • ASRock > Products > G31M-VS2 > Manual
thank you.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Like I said you can lower the cpu multiplier but ou won't be able to set it any higher than 14x.

some low end mobo don't allow to change the cpu vcore. They just provide suitable volt if you incrase FSB or OC - but this provided volts always not perfect and thus creates instability and limits the Oc capability of low end mobos.

If you want to go beyond your CPu vcore limit you have to ensure you have proper cooling for your cpu.

Will check out the manual and comment later.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

no. vcore is the volt of the cpu ( needs more vcore if you increase cpu speed say 3.1 Ghz from 2.87 ) and VTt is FSB volt for mild OC such as yours you don't need to cahnge that but if you are going to increase the FSB more than what your mobo can support you have to increase it -

say you want increase your CPU FSB to be 1600 MHz instead of 800 MHz but your mobo supports default only 1333Mhz - so your cpu will be runningat a insane speed of 5.6 Ghz or if you lower the multiplier to 10x then your cpu will run at 4 Ghz - just don't this right now and it's just for an example - for this kind of OC you will need some extreme series mobo and of-course liquid or LN2 cooling.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

I getting a weird error , I never get the kinds error

It says " YOU MAY NEED TO BE LOGGED OFF POWER DISTURBANCE " when i overclock to 3.7Ghz

Processor = Phenom 2 940BE 3.0ghz to 3.7Gz
Multiplier = 17X
FSB = 220 [default is 200]
CPU voltage 1.42
all other system voltages set to auto
NB frequency & HT Link is 1.8Ghz

Idle Temp = 42
Load Temp = 59

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

that's the most weird error I've ever seen related to OC.

You're getting this error while in windows right ? which app is showing you that ? is the OC stable enough ? you've OCed using Bios or you've used overdrive ?

Can you do me a favor and post in the format I've provided so Ithat can enlist your new OC.

BTW, Changed thread title to Overclock Discussion and List Thread and movoed this into HW Q&A and made this a sticky one.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
re: CPU Overclock List & Discussion Thread

Am posting The screens , Before that I have one doubt - Do i need to increase the NB frequency & HT link to 2.4Ghz & reduce my Multiplier to 12X

Damn some one help me Its 140W TDP proccy , when i OC to 3.5ghz CPU voltage 1.42 It stable 59deg Full Load Temp

OC to 3.7Ghz 61Deg not stable also That DAMN error

ERROR MESSAGE

"YOU MAY NEED TO BE LOGGED OFF DUE TO POWER DISTURBANCE" But no Restarting & NO BSOD

COULD ANY ONE TELL ME

wat's The

NB Voltage
DDR 2 VOLTAGE for 880Mhz

I have nice NB cooler motherboard but not stable yyy ??

@ topgear

Am not not using Overdrive only in Bios i am using it , also i ll post screens for 3.4Ghz Help me with OC - Thank u

*img23.imageshack.us/img23/4110/ocing34.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Have you set the DRAM voltage to the EPP settings.? Also if you face NB stability issues, you may need to increase the MCHv, but be careful here.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

^^ wat is EPP setting ??

In DRAM voltage i have to set manually or Auto its gigabyte Board

Top Bottom