CPU for 40k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piyush

Lanaya
I think I'll go for 955 BE as I'm not going to do any multi threaded work and there's no point going for 5770 as I will use it on a 17" monitor for 3-4 years. By the time upgrade the monitor the gfxcard will be outdated too
whats the max resolution of ur monitor?
is it CRT?TFT-LCD?

ajai5777

Youngling
I have resolved my final problem with biostar - USB wake up from S3
Actually it wasnt a problem.There was an unnoticed jumper settings for USB's to supply 5v.Now I can wake up PC from S3.

Now I say Biostar can match up with MSI,Gigabyte etc..:lol:

Piyush

Lanaya
I have resolved my final problem with biostar - USB wake up from S3
Actually it wasnt a problem.There was an unnoticed jumper settings for USB's to supply 5v.Now I can wake up PC from S3.

Now I say Biostar can match up with MSI,Gigabyte etc..:lol:
what did you do with that jumper?

ajai5777

Youngling
whats the max resolution of ur monitor?
is it CRT?TFT-LCD?

must be 1280 X 768.An HD 5670 will be good if he wants to cut it down.Its running all current games in 1600 X 900 in max settings with max FPS.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

what did you do with that jumper?

It was in 2-3 position.In that settings board will cut off 5v power supply to USB's in S3 sleep.So we wont be able to wake up PC using USB.
After reading manual, I changed it to 1-2 state.Now Its fine.

Piyush

Lanaya
It was in 2-3 position.In that settings board will cut off 5v power supply to USB's in S3 sleep.So we wont be able to wake up PC using USB.
After reading manual, I changed it to 1-2 state.Now Its fine.
nice...i'll remember that:)

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Ppl thanks for all the help.
I've given the config to my uncle who has a shop in nehru place, hopefully i'll get the prices in a few days the config i've given him is as follows -

Processor : AMD Phenom ii x4 955 BE (revision C3) 8k
Motherboard : MSI 785G E53 5.3k
RAM : Gskill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz kit 6.8k
Graphics Card : MSI HD 5770 HAWK Edition 9.6k :grin:
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 32MB cache 2k
Cabinet : NZXT Gamma 2k
PSU : Corsair 550W 4.7k
CD Drive: 1k (any good DVD writer from Sony, LG, Samsung or any other well reputed brand)
2 extra 120 mm case fans
Total ~ 39.4k + fans

UPS : Numeric 1 KVA 4.2k
Mouse : Logitech MX 518 1.5k
Keyboard : Logitech Multimedia 0.4k

What do u ppl think abt it?
and plz tell how good are CM fans or give another suggestion

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
better get amd Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz @10.5k and Biostar TA890GXE @ 6.6k.... would be better for you to get a hex core by paying only 2k more....

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
nop
i'm not going to overclock so 955 is better for gaming and anyway it'll exceed my budget

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if no OC, & game exclusive, X4. if anything else on list, X6. also X6 can be pared with a sub 5k board. however remember, OC X6 is real fun (more than killing batches of Zombies in DOA) :grin:

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
yep i'll go for x4
feel free to give any suggestions as the rig hasn't been bought yet
btw ppl plz suggest which fans should i go for???
cheap CM fans at rs 450 r good or not???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
good at given price. costly options available too. all u need is 2 fans. 1 at back (included in gamma). another at front. add more later.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
if no OC, & game exclusive, X4. if anything else on list, X6. also X6 can be pared with a sub 5k board. however remember, OC X6 is real fun (more than killing batches of Zombies in DOA) :grin:

man, saurabh_1e has been oc'ing his rig at stock voltages.... it reaches 3.8 without getting over 50'C at stock hsf.... and i have been doing it in front of my room cooler by opening the cabby and it reaches 3.6 at max temp 61'C.... :grin::grin:

pulsar_swift

Youngling
yep i'll go for x4
feel free to give any suggestions as the rig hasn't been bought yet
btw ppl plz suggest which fans should i go for???
cheap CM fans at rs 450 r good or not???

I still recommend X6 1055T. The temps on that proccy are just awesome. 1.5K is fine man. Just borrow from some one. 1055T is miles ahead of 955BE in terms of idle and load temps

CM 120mm chasis fans are good and silent. I purchased them @ Rs 300 a piece

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
3.8 stock !!! where the Intel fanboys ran away? maybe scared. what i was telling before is, X6 OC very well. so good for games once OC'd. however X4's clock already high. i.e. game ready.

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
i know its good but i won't do anything except gaming
i might overclock in the future but thats a long way off and perhaps i'll buy a new one at that time

Last edited:

pulsar_swift

Youngling
OK if you have plans of upgrading later then its good. You might think you will not OC. But later as you see people Ocing you will also feel the urge to OC.

I also thought the same,when i bought Hyper Tx3. Now i want to OC, just for the heck of it and i am looking for Hyper 212 plus :-D

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
same goes for me....:-D

didnt think i would oc.... but when my friend saurabh_1e also brought his rig(phenom *6 1055t) just after a month of me buying my phenom II*4 955 B.E and oc'd it, i just couldn't resist myself :-D

rite nw me 2 also thinking of buying hyper 212(as everytime it isnt possible to open up your rig and put your mobo in front of your cooler.... :-D)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom