Couple of problems/queries.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1) I've created a dial up connection to connect from my phone. I've set the shortcut Ctrl + Alt + C to directly connect. But my question is how to create a shortcut which will directly disconnect the connection?

2) Whenever I connect the above connection, my PC hangs for some 10 secs, IDK why. :confused: Also, the connection hardly connects via USB cable, but connects everytime via bluetooth :crazy:. I don't want to reinstall my phone drivers, as I can perform all the other functions my phone supports while being connected. :|
My phone is SE Hazel.

3) Chrome has been categorised in performance mode and to use discrete by my lappi's graphics switching. Although I turned it off to use HD3000/power saving mode, and found no difference after using it. But technically, does GPU acceleration help in browser ? At least in comparison to HD3000, I don't think it does. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

TIY

Last edited:

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
1. Create a short cut with the follwing command "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rasdial.exe /disconnect"
2. Re-install the Bluetooth driver downloaded from manufacturer site & see
3.I think it only does in flash/youtube videos

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1) Thnx it worked. But I guess it is for disconnecting all the dial-up connections, not only a specific one?

2) Will do.
One point I had forgot to mention that until the PC is hanged, the connection icon shows with "exclamation" mark, then after it normalaises.

3) Isn't HD3000 enough for that? If at all GPU accel^n provides a performance leap, I guess that "leap" is not enough worth the extra battery used up.

Niilesh

Padawan
3) Isn't HD3000 enough for that? If at all GPU accel^n provides a performance leap, I guess that "leap" is not enough worth the extra battery used up.

HD3000 is enough for GPU accelerated things.
It is only used for flash games and other flash items(probably even for HTML5 and i think even for javascript)
certainly the "leap"(if any) would not be worth the extra battery used.

Last edited:
OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thnx man, appreciate it a lot. :)

One more query, "keyboard assigned shortcuts" dont work after we delete the desktop shortcut. Isn't there a way to solve this, I mean using the shortcuts even after deleting the desktop shortcuts?

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
The link which you gave me is asking to install a keyboard driver and then do some settings. But in the list of keyboards displayed I'm confused which one to select?

One more question- see this

*imgur.com/tfn9R.png

F8 and F11 keys are not assigned in my lappi. But I want to assign them Play/Pause default buttons found on most other laptops, sadly which my lappi hasn't given. How to do that? If thats not possible, I'd want to assign connect/disconnect shortcuts to them.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
sorry that was for microsoft keyboards try this
How to assign shortcut key to any application in windows 7 | AP Dubey tech corner

or use this
Keyboard Layout Manager

also u can try set that up in winamp

winamp>preferences>general preferences \global hotkeys.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
sorry that was for microsoft keyboards try this
How to assign shortcut key to any application in windows 7 | AP Dubey tech corner

Nothing new, same as assigning shortcut to the desktop shortcuts.

or use this
Keyboard Layout Manager

It didn't worked, got an error messgae everytime "acces denied" or something like that.

also u can try set that up in winamp

winamp>preferences>general preferences \global hotkeys.

I don't use winamp :p

Thnx for all your help :)

Now some googling which I was very lazy to do earlier :)), gave me real help and most of my answers.

1)Try Autohotkey, it simply does your every job of assigning whatever keyboard shortcuts you want to. (just figuring out how to use function keys). Though to use it, you've to write scripts, so its not for beginners, but its pretty easy.
Another solution seems- *hkcmdr.anymania.com/help.html. But I haven't tried it.

2)For WMP, try wmpkeys plugin. Sadly, though its claimed to work "globally", but its not working globally for me, just within the player.

One more query-
Whats the full path/shortcut link for my dial up connection?

Last edited:

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
use the following commands in path
1. start c:\users\"your user name"\desktop\connectionname.lnk
2. rasdial entryname

Top Bottom