[Views] Corsair VX550 RMA Chronicle

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Log of all communications for the RMA process.

[26/09/2015]
Started by creating Ticket on *corsair.secure.force.com on

Received this response:
Created By: Jarrad TS (9/28/2015 10:35 AM)
Please contact the store or indiaservice@corsair.com and they'll be able to help you RMA it through their distributor within the country. RMAing through this ticket system would otherwise require it to be sent to our closest RMA depot which is outside of the country.

Ideally I would avoid Indian center but shipping costs are prohibitive based on the weight of the PSU.

I will just send a missive to indiaservice@corsair.com

[28/09/2015] Sent a mail to indiaservice@corsair.com from my gmail id

Content of the mail:

Sub: RMA of PSU

Hi

I am told through global Corsair support to get in touch with this email for RMA. How do I apply for RMA for my PSU ? It's a VX550.

My location is Pune, Maharashtra, India.

I have been reading over internet and would like to tell that I would expect an equivalent replacement or better. That leaves out VS, GS and CX series. Internet is filled with accounts of Indian users where the replacement was a VS PSU of same wattage. VS is the entry level PSU which is indubitably inferior to VX series.

Corsair is a reputed company and I am sure that a loyal customer will be treated well. Recently I built a high end rig for my brother with RM750 as PSU. That should show my trust in Corsair. I would expect a stellar service in the same vein.

Thanks.

Regards

Awaiting response.

[30/09/2015] Received reply. Asked for Invoice and product pic with serial number. Then received this reply. VS550 for VX550 as approved by Corsair Global (evident from the content of mail). Looks like Corsair is not a brand anymore to trust. Getting inferior product to what you have under warranty is unacceptable.

Corsair VS550 sells for Rs. 3,315.00 on Amazon
I bought VX550 for Rs. 4850 (not accounting the inflation adjusted price)

Dear Customer,

Please proceed and submit the PSU for RMA at our service centre mentioned below, but the replacement would be VS550 as far as warranty claimed from India service centre. This is the replacement that has been approved by Corsair.

For more enquiry on PSU replacement please contact global customer support.

Kaizen Infoserve Pvt Ltd-Pune

1173, Sadashiv Peth Off 1, Ashirwad Apartments,

1st Floor, Limayewadi, Pune -411030

Ph-020-32345234

(Lanmark Maharshtra Electronics)

Thank you,

Corsair Support

[30/09/2015]
Created a thread on Corsair Forum:
VS550 offered as a replacement for VX550 - The Corsair User Forums

I have been using VX 550 for my primary rig. It has 5 years warranty. The product series is already discontinued.

Why should I get inferior product if Corsair is honoring the warranty. This doesn't make sense at all. VS is the entry level series with 3 years warranty. It's not even CWT or Seasonic OEM.

The reason I went for Corsair was because of their proven customer service. In fact I recently assembled a system for my brother with RM 750 as the PSU.

Feeling disappointed in putting my trust. It will be hard to justify going for Corsair again.

What do I do ? Settle for inferior replacement and never buy Corsair products ? And return RM 750 back ? Get a Seasonic PSU or any other and hope for a better service from them ?

[02/10/2015] Reply from Corsair forum. Seems like CS550 as a replacement now.
Greybeard said:
I've advised our customer service to contact our India RMA support and let them know that your replacement needs to be updated. I suggested that we send out the CS550M as a replacement. I think that's a fair replacement for your VX550.

Glad to know that Corsair global support do care about customers unlike Corsair India. VS is still an inferior replacement (with some non Japanese capacitors and rated at 85 degree) but much better than VX and CX series. But I think there is no comparable supply within the range.

[05/10/2015] Sent a mail to Corsair India. Glad to see that I got the reply within hours. They agreed to send CS550 as replacement. And stock is confirmed too. So I guess there should not be any reason to delay the RMA shipment. Will be submitting PSU for RMA on Wednesday.

Here is the reply from Corsair India:
Dear Customer,

We have stock, please submit your PSU for RMA and update us the details.

Thank you,

Corsair Support

Got reply from /u/CorsairJake user on reddit too. A little late but good to see that.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Corsair India become a one of the worst service provider.
We should think many times before buying any Corsair item.
I already suffered from Kaizen and Corsair India and also suffering regarding my CX430 V2 RMA at present.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Received mail asking for Invoice and product pic with serial number. After that received this reply. They are giving VS550 as a repalcement of VX550. Says that Corsair has approved that only.

Dear Customer,

Please proceed and submit the PSU for RMA at our service centre mentioned below, but the replacement would be VS550 as far as warranty claimed from India service centre. This is the replacement that has been approved by Corsair.

For more enquiry on PSU replacement please contact global customer support.

Kaizen Infoserve Pvt Ltd-Pune

1173, Sadashiv Peth Off 1, Ashirwad Apartments,

1st Floor, Limayewadi, Pune -411030

Ph-020-32345234

(Lanmark Maharshtra Electronics)

Thank you,

Corsair Support

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seasonic has it's own share of RMA woes .. like the distributor and seller in case of online purchase has to be Overclockers zone. Also they give some 3rd party branded other PSu as replacement for seasonic PSU RMA saying the unit is manufactured by seasonic - it actually is but you never know when a brand will change OEM.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Seasonic has it's own share of RMA woes .. like the distributor and seller in case of online purchase has to be Overclockers zone. Also they give some 3rd party branded other PSu as replacement for seasonic PSU RMA saying the unit is manufactured by seasonic - it actually is but you never know when a brand will change OEM.

What do you suggest then ? Which other PSU ? India looks like a free for all market where everyone bails out during warranty period.

It's better to create a log of their services.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Practically even I'm clueless. Antec is good provided you have a service center nearby [ better to buy from offline shops who will take care of warranty for you ] if you're getting antec.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Abacus Peripherals is the distributor and service provider for Antec. So, you shouldn't be having any issues I hope.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Abacus Peripherals is the distributor and service provider for Antec. So, you shouldn't be having any issues I hope.

They have their center in Pune. How good is their RMA service ? Do I get an inferior product or same (a level above if discontinued) ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no one can say for sure I think as I've not seen many antec PSUs gone bad or not too many RMA cases. So it's safe to assume the quality of Antec PSU is good and there's not too many RMA woes with Antec for now.

Last edited:
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[02/10/2015] Reply from Corsair forum. Seems like CS550 as a replacement now.
I've advised our customer service to contact our India RMA support and let them know that your replacement needs to be updated. I suggested that we send out the CS550M as a replacement. I think that's a fair replacement for your VX550.

no one can say for sure I think as I've seen many antec PSUs gone bad or not too many RMA cases. So it's safe to assume the quality of Antec PSU is good and there's not too many RMA woes with Antec for now.

Antec uses Seasonic and Delta OEMs in their quality oriented PSUs.

I am offered CS550 as replacement. It is still an inferior product.

Current VX550 has been working with the trick of powering it off then draining the mobo power and then again powering on to boot the PC. Doing that for past few months. I am not sure if I should RMA with CS or live with VX until it runs out of juice completely.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
That's a good idea. BTW, are you heading for Antec ?

Not sure. Antec True Power or HCG looks good. Going for 5 years warranty PSU.

Buy Online Antec TruePower Classic series TP-750C Power Supply in India
Buy Online Antec HCG-750M 750W Gamer Modular Power Supply in India

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[05/10/2015] Sent a mail to Corsair India. Glad to see that I got the reply within hours. They agreed to send CS550 as replacement. And stock is confirmed too. So I guess there should not be any reason to delay the RMA shipment. Will be submitting PSU for RMA on Wednesday.

Here is the reply from Corsair India:
Dear Customer,

We have stock, please submit your PSU for RMA and update us the details.

Thank you,

Corsair Support

Ya, so what price do you expect to sell it for?

I will see what price I can sell. What's the current price ? I am not sure if I will take the headache of shipping outside of Pune. It will be more costly to ship.

Top Bottom