Corsair *new* VX/TX series build quality issues

mrcool63

Journeyman
This was not expected of Corsair.:evil: Why do good companies resort to such marketing gimmicks.

Especially for corsair reps...;)
read this article from overclock:cry:

*www.overclock.net/power-supplies/898000-corsair-tx-line-changed-secret.html

a bold investigation going on

*www.overclock.net/power-supplies/899277-corsair-tx-finding-truth.html

wht do u guys opine?

CORSAIR'S official response..

*www.overclock.net/power-supplies/902988-corsair-tx-series-changes-what-we.html

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Re: CORSAIR ripping people off... selling low quality PSU's??

Corsairs are known to make some of the rock solid PSU's, such incidents would definitely affect their reputation and most important is the trust customers have on any brand.
Once you loose trust on any brand, it is difficult to get back customers.

I myself own a VX450, Zero problems till date, luckily mine is older and post june 2010. I guess it is not affected as per the article.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Nice find dude. Thanks.

S_V

In the zone

Well , not to say this is surprise. still i believe corsair is the best. They might have some reason to change like that but not to cheat their loyal customers.. This is kind of hype to destroy corsair fame.

Anways,, I always prefer HX and AX series than other series in corsair since there are flagship brands...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^The person who started the thread is probably not doing it to defame Corsair.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

I did say vx/tx series aren't the same as they used to couple of months ago ;). Said it before and said it again don't trust a brand with your closed eyes.

But in anyways, vx/tx is an old product. It was a matter of time they would be phased out. Newer makes should have come under some other labels, but I won't go that far to call them unreliable. Scaled down, probably yes.

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone

@Faun

I understand mate. It seems my wording is like that.. But I am talking in general...and not saying this OP is doing so ;)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Interesting thread. Not conclusive yet, to make such big claims.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Even I posted about this very thing earlier and a few people were like "Hail the legendary Corsair!" :|

OP
M

mrcool63

Journeyman

I just want to point out the underhand tactics even companies like corsair are using..
and BTW i just helped my friend buy a corsair 550vx one week ago. I dont have anything against corsair but such changes are quite major and require intimation atleast.

Guys have an open mind. stop ignoring credible info.... especially corsair fanboys;)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

^^ Its not "Under Hand". Its called cost cutting. You want to see under hand? We all know about substandard psu with no over/under volt protection circuit and EM protection.

Its not as if we're ignoring it. We saw the pics. I said its not as same as it used to be and the casing built and paint job/wires/sleeves felt more like cx400.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

Did you read my 2 comments above?? Properly? I said the newer makes should have been under newer series. Doesn't that sentence itself make it clear?

I am not saying you're wrong. Its your choice of words that over exaggerates till the facts are cleared out. Stop making "sensational/breaking news" information. This is a community, not a media circus.

OP
M

mrcool63

Journeyman

LOL man... its not sensational news man.... im just informing the community of certain developments in the PSU world..;)

fine man i will use less provocative terms next time...:)

BTW ur opinion is right on the spot. Wish corsair had heard that...:)

Last edited:

blademast3r

In the zone

Corsair TX series has NEVER been considered good amongst psu purists.. google for a few reviews and you'll find out flaws in build quality. The HX series however is amazing.. And if u really want quality u can go for the AX series.. 80+ gold

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent

^^ after checking out your links i have started doubting my corsair PSU which i purchased jst 1 week back.. hope everything goes fine with this piece..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Guys, there is a lot happening regarding the change by Corsair. How many of you actually went and read all the pages on the OC forums. Are we not just over reacting and jumping to conclusions. The crux is not that Corsair is using parts which are of lower quality --- it is that they had not informed the consumer base of the same. The OP on OC forum has the same gripe. "Why were people not informed" and "why no new review samples" were sent out. Specially see the replies of the Corsair representative. It is quite open and transparent.

It does not mean -- What the title of this thread implies. Since we are a democratic forum, I will leave it as it is. Rest is the OPs, and users choice here.
:)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

well, I'll rename the thread straightforwardly. It looks more like a kneejerk title.

OP
M

mrcool63

Journeyman
by the way mod if u read my first post i dont throw dirt on corsair but only point out that their strategies nowadays are skewed.
and as for the title.. i was asking a question to be decided.... by the people and for the people..:D
no maligning intended... just dissapointed

Top Bottom